• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jared Kushner met with Russia Envoy in December

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayeorkean

This was reported by the New Yorker 5 days ago. Wonder if the New York Times found the same source.

To understand the abrupt reversal, American intelligence scrutinized communications involving Sergey Kislyak, Russia’s Ambassador to the U.S., and discovered that Flynn had had conversations with him, which touched on the future of economic sanctions. (Jared Kushner, Trump’s son-in-law, met with Kislyak in Trump Tower during the transition; the aim, according to the White House, was to establish “a more open line of communication in the future.”) Flynn was forced to resign when news broke that he had lied to Vice-President Mike Pence about these exchanges.
According to current and former government officials, prurient details in the dossier generated skepticism among some members of the intelligence community, who, as one put it, regarded it as a “nutty” product to present to a President. But, in the weeks that followed, they confirmed some of its less explosive claims, relating to conversations with foreign nationals. “They are continuing to chase down stuff from the dossier, and, at its core, a lot of it is bearing out,” an intelligence official said.
http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/03/06/trump-putin-and-the-new-cold-war

"I've never met the woman"

dengmurdochtrump.png

".....Photoshop".
Alternate Timeline

There has to be some kind of grand strategy to these leaks... The timing has just been to perfect on each of them and they keep escalating.

It's like they are trying to do the bare minimum of leaking to force action with... someone. Maybe congress? Trying to test their breaking point for when they say "enough is enough" and legitimately get behind a bipartisan investigation?

Yeah, and it's bizarre that it's taken congressional Republicans so long to show any sign of doing something about it. I thought the Flynn leaks would be the point of no return.

Chumley

Banned
Kislyak is known to the IC as one of Russia's top spy recruiters, too (at least according to CNN). He met with Flynn, Sessions, and now Kushner.

I dunno about you guys, but that maybe seems a little suspicious.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

This is such a god damn farce.

We all know what happened here. The amount of circumstantial evidence is fucking staggering. It was already obvious when Trump was talking about Putin as if he was a family member, but now? After all this?

Just end it, Comey. Live up to your Big Boss aspirations and finish it.

Meanwhile, the Russian Spy Ship is now sitting off the coast of Florida.

Can probably see Mar-A-Lago from there. Does Trump secretly fly out to the ship under the cover of nightfall?

Eventually, I'm expecting Trump to make a press conference and say something like this.

"Yeah, we got Russia's help in the election. We weren't going to stop crooked Hillary without them, so we had to. We had to do it. And it was the best help. Did you see how effective their hackers were? America's cyber security could learn a thing or two from. I mean, look at how big we won with Russia's hacking. It was the only way to stop Hillary, who is... is corrupt. We had to. And by the way, did you know our electoral victory was the biggest since at least Reagan? It may have been bigger. I've heard and been told it might actually have been bigger. So we took Russia's help to win, and because of them, we've done more in 100 days than anyone."

This is such a god damn farce.

We all know what happened here. The amount of circumstantial evidence is fucking staggering. It was already obvious when Trump was talking about Putin as if he was a family member, but now? After all this?

Just end it, Comey. Live up to your Big Boss aspirations and finish it.
This.

Horns

At first it was a call and Flynn couldn't remember the details. Now it's meetings with members of Trump's family and face to face meetings. Sessions was talking with them. The white house has been hiding details and not forthcoming with information.

Nekofrog

Banned
Eventually, I'm expecting Trump to make a press conference and say something like this.

"Yeah, we got Russia's help in the election. We weren't going to stop crooked Hillary without them, so we had to. We had to do it. And it was the best help. Did you see how effective their hackers were? America's cyber security could learn a thing or two from. I mean, look at how big we won with Russia's hacking. It was the only way to stop Hillary, who is... is corrupt. We had to. And by the way, did you know our electoral victory was the biggest since at least Reagan? It may have been bigger. I've heard and been told it might actually have been bigger. So we took Russia's help to win, and because of them, we've done more in 100 days than anyone."

"Now if you'll excuse me, I have a county to run. "

"Bailiff, arrest that man"

"WHAT? oh, right. All that stuff I did. "

hqdefault.jpg

jimmypython

all those leaks

feels like someone inside the white house wants to push him or (not-Bannon) people out. I wonder who would that be.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
The crucial thing was that he was present at the same meeting Flynn was in. The same meeting Flynn got fired for.

But Trump is not involved though. Just everyone else is.

Xe4

Banned
Hahahahahaha, WHAT, NOOOOO.

NOT RUSSIA.

At this point I think I'd be more shocked if a major member of Trump's cabinet didn't scheme with Russia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom