• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Not even gonna use computer editing to make Koichi shorter?
No gray hair?

Q8Y5V_s-200x150.gif

To be fair the actor is like 5'5 - 5'6, which is shorter than the rest of the cast by a good few inches.

Also no set colors in Jojo. Maybe Miike will borrow David's color change during dramatic moments technique.

Fun fact: Live action Koichi is the only depiction of the character with regular black hair. Previous depictions have gone from blond, to blue, to black.

Grakl

Yeah, SDC is kind of boring. The second half gets better, but it's my second least favorite part.

Though I still enjoy most of the stuff after Justice.

SDC was my least favorite so far due to pacing, but the second half gets better.

Yeah it gets intense in the final episodes. Then starts the incredible greatness of part 4.

First half is kinda boring, but the second half is absolutely amazing.
Still, probably my least favorite part so far.
Thanks yall!

Dunno if this has been mentioned yet, but ViZ just quietly uploaded the PB, BT, and SC episodes onto hulu. Each just so happen to be the Blu-ray editions. So, we can now officially watch Stardust Crusaders uncensored!

Dunno if this has been mentioned yet, but ViZ just quietly uploaded the PB, BT, and SC episodes onto hulu. Each just so happen to be the Blu-ray editions. So, we can now officially watch Stardust Crusaders uncensored!

I wish Viz would just hurry up and at least give us an update on the English Blu-Rays. For crying out loud, it's been over a year since the terrible Warner release. I want to watch JoJo in HD.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I actually would have loved a showdown between Dio and a Pillar Man even though it wouldn't really work with the story as it is. Could the World take down perfect Kars?

I actually would have loved a showdown between Dio and a Pillar Man even though it wouldn't really work with the story as it is. Could the World take down perfect Kars?

I would assume that Kars' ability to evolve/change on the fly would actually allow him to develop a Stand if he were attacked by one. And I'd assume that for a while it'd be a stalemate of DIO time stopping but unable to deal fatal damage, until Kars figures something out (400+ IQ, etc) and taking advantage of DIO's timestop cooldown.

Breads

Banned
Vampires were explicitly created by the Pillarmen to be their food and without Hamon protecting him there isn't a good way for Dio to resist in terms of physical resilience.

What remains is a contest between the utility value of The World, which is obscene, against the strongest form of Hamon ever conceived, absolute control of every facet of his body, 400 IQ, and true immortality without the vulnerability to the sun.

There is no telling how the long the fight can go but I think it's fair to say that with The World Dio is basically in control of the flow of the fight. The problem is that there is no real way for Dio to kill him. If given enough time Dio may be able to trap him indefinitely but that seems far less likely than Kars outwitting him and absorbing him first, which would only take solid physical contact.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Vampires were explicitly created by the Pillarmen to be their food and without Hamon protecting him there isn't a good way for Dio to resist in terms of physical resilience.

What remains is a contest between the utility value of The World, which is obscene, against the strongest form of Hamon ever conceived, absolute control of every facet of his body, 400 IQ, and true immortality without the vulnerability to the sun.

There is no telling how the long the fight can go but I think it's fair to say that with The World Dio is basically in control of the flow of the fight. The problem is that there is no real way for Dio to kill him. If given enough time Dio may be able to trap him indefinitely but that seems far less likely than Kars outwitting him and absorbing him first, which would only take solid physical contact.

Wouldn't you have to also take into account that Dio tends to have super fanatical followers though obviously most of them would be wiped out instantly but guys like Vanilla Ice would make for an interesting opponent along side Dio and a few others like Anubis and so on.

Going on this tangent I'd love a time traveling part of Jojo or something like that were they gather everyone for one epic showdown... and a lot of weird shit.

Breads

Banned
Wouldn't you have to also take into account that Dio tends to have super fanatical followers though obviously most of them would be wiped out instantly but guys like Vanilla Ice would make for an interesting opponent along side Dio and a few others like Anubis and so on.

Going on this tangent I'd love a time traveling part of Jojo or something like that were they gather everyone for one epic showdown... and a lot of weird shit.

That's literally the premise JJBA: Eyes of Heaven

To be fair the actor is like 5'5 - 5'6, which is shorter than the rest of the cast by a good few inches.

Also no set colors in Jojo. Maybe Miike will borrow David's color change during dramatic moments technique.

Fun fact: Live action Koichi is the only depiction of the character with regular black hair. Previous depictions have gone from blond, to blue, to black.

Ironically that's not too far from what Koichi's actual height is supposed to be.

cntr

Banned
Joseph: 195 cm (6'5")
Jotaro: 195 cm (6'5")
Josuke: 185 cm (6'1") (mentioned in the manga that he's still growing taller)
Okuyasu: 178 cm (5'10")
Koichi: 157 cm (5'1") (but drawn shorter)
Yukako: 167 cm (5'6")

if you're curious what some of the canon heights are

I too would like to know what he thought when doing this pose:

CsF_Rd4UkAAOHy7.jpg

Edit: Oh yeah and I brought up Polnareff vs Pet Shop being fun to imagine based on the hilarity that could ensue - not Joseph's icicle analogy almost literally playing out/Polnareff getting rekt

Gradivus

Has anyone gone to the Jojo Bar in Osaka? I tried going there in 2016 in Jan, but it was closed. But in Jan 2017...
Cxzxn2P.jpg

It's all in Japanese, although the bar owner can hold small conversations in English.

I went with 3 friends there (None them understood Japanese, and two of them didn't know about Jojo), so it was so funny when the posing owner greeted us at the door.
The confused look on my my two friends were priceless.
On the menu, each part has about 5-6 drinks named after stands/ stand's powers/ characters,etc
Each drink has 3 stats, ranking them from F to S ( S being the strongest rank) indicating the drink's strength. The menu doesn't tell you what's inside each drink from what I remember, so it's sorta of a surprise taste test.
Once you order something, the guy will hand you a drink, but not before saying a character's line.

7d823xW.jpg

As you can see, I got Emerald Splash. Originally it had two cherries, but you can probably guess what quote I got with that one. lol
The owner is clearly a massive fan, putting tons of effort into the presentation, unlike some of the half assed theme bars I've been to...

Star Platinum had a little star shaped ice block inside it.
Crazy Diamond had a stirring stick with a diamond attached to it (Fake of course)
Bubble Launcher round ice blocks
And so on.
EINhpnk.jpg

My friends and I were going to USJ the next morning, so we weren't going to stay out too late. I was so drunk at the agreed upon time to leave, but I wanted one more drink. I decide to pick something from part five (I mostly stuck with the first four parts until that point). So I picked sex pistols, and had a Joseph "HOLY SHIT" moment when I realised it was 6 shots (5 were sours and 1 was sweet) instead of just a small one. Needless to say, I didn't feel too well going on rollercoasters the next morning.
rHwljFc.jpg

Last but not least, there's tons of toys to muck around with, as well manga to read.
3ZS2bZb.jpg

I highly recommend it if you're ever in Osaka.

Top Bottom