• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matsukaze

The event ended with the announcement of another event with more announcements.
f9f.gif

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I learned that Antfish cancelled Phantom Blood Abridged. That sucks...

I guess since he's busy with life and TeamFourStar, there's no time for Tim Curry Dio.

Is it safe to just call Fist of the North Star Jojo Part 0? Hokuto Shinken is Hamon, Kenshiro is nuclear wasteland Jojo, I just saw a monk dude that looked like Tompetty, I currently have not seen a Dio equivalent yet.

cntr

Banned
you know, it'd be really easy to create an actual Part 0. Just work off the question "where did Jonathan's parents got the mask?", and since Jonathan's mother never gets named or expounded on, make her the protagonist. Call it "Josefina Joestar" or something.

Didn't Zeppeli notice that Jonathan seemed to posses an innate hamon skill when he touched the tree? Maybe he got it from his mother. It would also be pretty cool if the first two Jojo moms were hamon experts.

cntr

Banned
I was thinking about that after Toonami last week, a lot of people say that Joseph's hamon skill comes from Jonathan, and it skipped a generation with his dad

but if you think about it, Joseph's hamon may as well have come directly from Lisa Lisa

I was thinking about that after Toonami last week, a lot of people say that Joseph's hamon skill comes from Jonathan, and it skipped a generation with his dad

but if you think about it, Joseph's hamon may as well have come directly from Lisa Lisa

That's how I think it happened, and either "what happened" changed partway through Part 2, or that it was explained that way to avoid spoiler.

dickroach

I just finished Part 2. this show's so good.
I have no idea what to expect from Stardust Crusaders considering it's bigger than the first two arcs combined... I'm gonna give the manga a try tomorrow to start it off.

cntr

Banned
"My stand, Smash Mouth, can kill you instantly! But only if you have your hands in the shape of an L on your forehead."

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Finished the story mode of Eyes of Heaven.

........well that was a lame cop-out.
"So let's just basically re-enact how Jotaro beat Dio in Part 3 & then everything went back to normal but nobody REALLY died like in Part 3!!!

Need to find people to play 5 online matches with & then once I get more of those JoJolitys & S-rank more battles, I'll have the platinum. Actually need to play as other characters, kind of has the same problem as All-Star Battle in that you don't actually have to play as every character to earn the trophy, let alone unlock everything.

Also noticed the game time still goes if you leave the game in sleep mode, so it says I have over 200 hours in the game when I haven't played maybe a 10th of that.

Finished the story mode of Eyes of Heaven.

........well that was a lame cop-out.
"So let's just basically re-enact how Jotaro beat Dio in Part 3 & then everything went back to normal but nobody REALLY died like in Part 3!!!

Nobody really died, period. And Jotaro learned his lesson about neglecting his daughter, and became a less shitty dad. And Pucci won't be a threat because he doesn't have the knowledge to attain Heaven, while Jotaro already has.

It's almost agonizing how cleanly the plot resolves itself. It's like if JoJo were written by literally any other shonen mangaka. The whole thing is obviously fanwanking, but the ending takes it from "seriously fun" to "incredibly stupid" really quick.

Need to find people to play 5 online matches with & then once I get more of those JoJolitys & S-rank more battles, I'll have the platinum. Actually need to play as other characters, kind of has the same problem as All-Star Battle in that you don't actually have to play as every character to earn the trophy, let alone unlock everything.

Hit me up. PSN ID is "Triscuitable". I lent my copy to a buddy, but when I get it back later this week, I'd be happy to help you with multiplayer trophies. I'm sure at least two other JoJo Gaffers have the game to get the 4-player trophy.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Nobody really died, period. And Jotaro learned his lesson about neglecting his daughter, and became a less shitty dad. And Pucci won't be a threat because he doesn't have the knowledge to attain Heaven, while Jotaro already has.

It's almost agonizing how cleanly the plot resolves itself. It's like if JoJo were written by literally any other shonen mangaka. The whole thing is obviously fanwanking, but the ending takes it from "seriously fun" to "incredibly stupid" really quick.

Hit me up. PSN ID is "Triscuitable". I lent my copy to a buddy, but when I get it back later this week, I'd be happy to help you with multiplayer trophies. I'm sure at least two other JoJo Gaffers have the game to get the 4-player trophy.
Yeah, eventually, I was just like "oh god, this is getting stupid/repetitive, let's just get this over with", though the very last scene, I guess I didn't mind.

& that'd be appreciated. I've been letting the game sit on the Player Match screen for a few minutes & it's quite clear nobody is playing online....which is exactly why I hate online trophies/achievements. Even worse is you have to play an online match involving 3 other human characters, let alone play 5 online matches.....least I don't have to win them....

Guys, the time of reckoning is upon us.

Chaos reigns as reality collapses in on itself.

Somebody did it. Some madman has finally done the impossible.

Somebody has released a full translation of the masterpiece that is Jorge Joestar.

I don't know whether or not I can post the link. I don't know whether or not I should post the link.

cntr

Banned
Keep in mind that the Jorge Joestar translation started years before the Vento Aureo retranslation, so it took much longer in absolute time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom