• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Journalists attack Stellar Blade again by using Hades 2 characters

The Office I Give Up GIF

WitchHunter

Banned
Jesus, people with their brain bugs are out of control. Hades was a pretty mediocre, pretty boring game that was hyped up, like all the other Supergiant products. Supergiant makes some visually pleasing, but otherwise very flat, dull and anemic games. They have perfect artists, but they need some good game designers. Stellar Blade has similar issues, plus they also ripped off everyone at arms length.

Fun thing is that people like Alyssa all think we're foaming at the mouth, afraid of what's to come.

Oh sweet irony! The perfect answer to all the brainfarts degenerates like her spout out?
Sure Jan GIF

And move on. Let them scream into the void. We as a group just shouldn't react. Let them sulk in their own pity.

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
At the end of the day, it’s stupid fucking video game polygons and sprites. Anyone getting offended is a fucking simp retard.

Jesus fucking Christ. Kids are starving on this fucking planet, and we got simps getting hurt about video game characters that people would rather fuck than some purple hair’d mongoloids.

If god is real, he made a mistake with the human race.

LordCBH

The character on the left in the hades image is full blown butt ass naked with half her boob hanging out.

But no, stellar blade is too horny.

No no you don’t understand. The Hades one is fine cause the fugly bridge-troll ass lookin lady says it is and the studio is diverse!

It’s all thinly veiled racism against Asian devs thats all it is. That’s all it’s ever been. They can’t control them like they can western devs, so they hate them and attack them.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I think those characters in Hades II are ugly as sin. Maybe it's not the characters themselves but a mix of their design and the overall "artstyle" the game's going for.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Stop giving these sites so much attention then. Why wouldn’t Kotaku write some dumb ragebait article when they know everyone on GAF will hate-click it and then talk about it for the next week?

Bartski

Gold Member

Understanding Hades’ hotness

Hades characters’ sexiness is woven into their personalities, as much a part of them as their wants, needs, and emotions—and their bodies, however scantily clad or salacious, are not in motion, they cannot be manipulated or posed or peered at from different angles. Instead, it’s like you’re looking at statues or paintings of these gods and their eternal, infinite sexiness. There is desire here, sure, but there is also power and reclamation, there is longing because you only get a tiny little taste of their beauty. The concept of “look, but don’t touch” is incredibly sexy—it’s part of why strip clubs, many of which have strict rules on touching the performers, are so lucrative.

Conversely, as Issy Van Der Velde writes for Inverse, a character like Stellar Blade’s Eve (like Lara Croft before her) is hot, but she doesn’t seem to be aware of it: “she’s sexy but doesn’t know it; she’s athletic and acrobatic but entirely controllable.” She is a blank slate, a poseable sex doll, her bountiful chest heaving during idle animations. Unlike Bayonetta, whose sexiness is folded into her personality and fighting style, Eve is just blandly attractive. Eve is the object of desire, not the owner of it.

ZOH50gU.gif

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
More PR for Stellar blade and not a negative one despite their "hard" effort. They dont know yet, but its gonna sell even more Stellar Blade copies. Thanks Kotaku for free ad

Totally agree! Can't wait to support Stellar Blade even more now with my money.

Oh

So now hotness is about diversity

GIF by Steve Harvey TV

I'm one of the most "pro-diversity" guys you'll ever meet and even I think these people are crazy and a bunch of idiots. Do they think the main character in Stellar Blade is white?

BbMajor7th

Translation: Middle-class, white-collar Californians are morally superior.

A more interesting and inclusive take would be to celebrate the fact that gaming can accommodate all kinds of representation for all types of people. It doesn't have to cater solely to T&A or queer or bishi anime boys, or grizzled cowboy dudes - there's room for everything and everyone gets to play the things they like. Isn't that awesome? Isn't that the utopia we all strived for? No. It turns out that tolerance and inclusivity were a red herring and - in truth - meant intolerance and exclusion.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
There is a level of derangement from the "left" that has developed over the past 10 years which is astonishing to behold in it's sheer stupidity and hysteria. Hogwarts part 2 here we come, give it more attention losers, Shift Up and Sony looking like 🤑🤑🤑

Stop making this political. It's NOT! No politics about this. It's not left or right.

Last edited:

Dr. Suchong

I'm bracing myself for how Edge magazine are going to spin how Bayonetta is empowering but Stellar is shameless, sexist, exploitation, in their review (assuming of course they don't chicken out and neatly side step it like they did with Hogwarts legacy)
It's guaranteed to be White knight piffle that'll have me screaming into a pillow.

Steller Blade shows that characters can be diverse and even hotter . . .

They just quietly admitted they consider Asians as White. Last I checked, Korean is diverse.

Last edited:

Aenima

I think that's what the article might be saying?

Any mention of Stellar Blade seems to trigger people though (on both sides).
What the article saying is this:

Naked Aphrodite from Hades good cuz (insert mental gymnsatics) Thers DEI characters in it, so its an "Ally".
Fully clothed EVE from Stellar Blade bad cuz (Insert mental gymnastics) It appeals to the male gaze. Must fight the patriarchy.

Reminder that these ppl are not journalists, they are activists writting blog posts on gaming websites but hate gamers and gaming culture.

Last edited:
Top Bottom