• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just got beat up badly: How do you guys fight? (if at all...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like you definitely provoked a situation that could have been avoided.

But you're asking for fighting tips, so here's mine.
1. Turn your back on the guy (weird I know but keep reading)
2. Look back over your shoulder. As you're doing this, lift your left knee into the air.
3. Lower your left knee until your foot touches the ground, making sure that your foot has advanced forward from its original position.
4. Repeat with your right leg.
5. Do this cycle over and over as fast as you can.

lol I was reading this expecting some kind of internets mma fighting technique. Bravo sir.

KHarvey16

You should have just started with punching the biggest one right on the nose. You'd still end up the way you did but at least you'd have something to show for it.

it's a reference to that single with Drake where he says something along the lines of "check messages on her phone, I don't trust these hos at all"

I don't want to listen to it to confirm the exact phrasing because it sucks but...yeah. And I normally would never do that, I find it very snake-like. But I was extremely curious as to what this punk had to say about me.

You need to choose your battles wisely dude lol.

I understand being gassed up but in front of him and his home boys and you have no one to back you up? That's just asking to get jumped, not a lot of dudes I know handle their shit 1 on 1.

I've been in a 2 vs 3 fight once, but I'm sure the only reason why my friend and I were able to get out of that one is because how big my friend was lol.

Honestly though, i don't even notice the pain from hits in the middle of a fight, but I certainly feel it afterwards. Feel better tho man.

2th

Banned
Threaten the guys masculinity that he can't take you 1v1. When you kick the shit out of him say to his friends, "you are friends with a little bitch. Deal with that yo." then walk away. LIKE A BOSS.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
You need to get yourself a couple of buddies and fight back!

it's a reference to that single with Drake where he says something along the lines of "check messages on her phone, I don't trust these hos at all"

I don't want to listen to it to confirm the exact phrasing but...yeah. And I normally would never do that, I find it very snake-like. But I was extremely curious as to what this punk had to say about me.

But you did do it. It's wrong even if you think you have a reason to do so. Curiosity is not an excuse.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
workout and get your hand speed up... nothing better than landing a couple hooks .. also a swift body shoot always gains respect around my neck of the woods

FairyD

I usually stay in the background casting healing/recovery spells while my friends tank and deal out the damage. Just gotta watch dat aggro.

What if one of the other guys has a pet? They would disrupt your casting abilities. Not to mention the volley of arrows.

bill0527

Your priority shouldn't be learning how to fight it should be learning how to be a mature person. Thanks for the laugh though

This.

Jesus man, who is stupid enough to start shit with a guy when you're alone and he's with a group of his friends? You're just asking for a gangland beatdown.

You wait til that guy is all alone and then spring on him.

Prologue

What did you think was going to happen? Just one of those moments you'll look back on.

And don't get involved in other people's drama. At least in this case, it was unnecessary.

Satch

Banned
So you stepped up to some guy like you were tough and then got lit up like a menorah on the 8th day of Hanukkah.

Don't start fights with people unless you know how to throw blows, son.

LuchaShaq

Banned
I'm going to avoid actual instruction/tips because honestly that type of shit will only help you if you've practiced and used it. Watching UFC and hitting a punching bag goes out the window if you haven't at least sparred a fair amount.

1. Avoid it unless you are confident they are not going to shoot/stab you.

2. Willing to take pain helps alot. Nothing throws someone off more than throwing a sloppy haymaker, hurting their hand, and then their target laughing it off.

3. Be crazy. A few years back guy was starting a fight with me, first shot my nose was literally spurting blood like a fountain. For some reason despite being SOBER I found it hilarious. I was laughing so hard/loud that he and his friend looked like they saw a ghost and ran after he realized I was a bit off in the head.

4. Seriously avoid it you'd be surprised how many people both legally and illegally carry guns/knives on a daily basis and will pull them even when their life isn't in danger.

5. Be on top if it goes to the ground, this isn't UFC where you will get an armbar, even if you could odds are your head will get bashed on the concrete.

6. Elbows/knees, people who don't know how to fight will often be way too close to throw a decent punch. Added bonus of easier to cut someone which is often enough to scare them off.

7. If you lose a fight and only have superficial injuries don't lie about stairs etc, at best you seem like an idiot at worst a coward to talk about it. Be honest but embellish. "Yeah got beat up 3v1 or 2v1 but they ran once I started getting my licks in they ran like they were at a track meet"

Have gotten jumped a few times due to my penchant for being too aggressive/too white/too proud-stubborn while in shitty neighborhoods, and nothing works better than getting a guy down and repeatedly hitting him in the liver. Less evidence for charges + they are curled up in a ball half crying half puking. Not really applicable for someone who doesn't know how to handle themselves.

Heel

Now I've got welts all over my torso and I'm sore as fucking hell. I also got one of those silly looking bruises on the bridge of my nose and it's gonna be a bitch to go to school and explain these. I'm probably just gonna say I fell down the stairs if anybody asks.

No need to come off like a battered wife. The superior lie is "You should see the other guy!"

150 lb, 6"

I was amazed I even lasted with the dude cause he definitely had weight on me. But I was even more amazed that my body wasn't completely disintegrated by their kicks....

This is definite motivation for me to up that body-weight and seriously I never had respect for people who fought in packs but now that it's happened to me I hate it even more.

Chiggs

don't hang out with trash

This is the only correct answer.

The girl he was hanging out with is damaged goods. Stay away from her. She's trash.

Edit: Oh, and working out doesn't automatically make you tough or give you fighting skills. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

You should have kissed the dude and ask him why hasn't he come over? Not only would his crew have backed the fuck up but his rep would be destroyed. Then you could have sucker punched his ass when his mental game was all fucked up.

nib95

Banned
I dunno, I suppose I've inadvertently had my fair share. Some people have a pain threshold and some don't. I guess you can condition yourself. I personally took up boxing and Jeet Kune Do when I was young, but honestly, best advice is just don't fight.

bwahhhhh

MqHZd.gif

Satch

Banned
150 lb, 6"

I was amazed I even lasted with the dude cause he definitely had weight on me. But I was even more amazed that my body wasn't completely disintegrated by their kicks....

This is definite motivation for me to up that body-weight and seriously I never had respect for people who fought in packs but now that it's happened to me I hate it even more.

lol

>approaches group looking for a fight
>gets destroyed
>solution is to get weight up instead of not approaching groups looking for a fight

what is wrong with you

tranciful

150 lb, 6"

..you're complaining that his friends helped when you randomly walk up and start shit? What is wrong with you?

:lol

You got beat up over a girl you aren't even fucking

lol, this is an almost non-existant opinion on gaf but just cause she's a girl doesn't mean she can't be my bro. I would go into the fiery depths of mordor for her, we've got a close friendship.

If I was with friends the outcome would be different (or at least less bruises) but I was stupid, and I confronted more than one person. And not only that but fighting over stupid shit like this is pretty dumb.

I'm still friends with the chick but, this is one of the low points for sure hahaa

EDIT: yes yes I know, I'm posting multiple steps to my get smart and learn from this program -

1) don't approach a bunch of people all gassed up
2) get more fit
3) don't fight unless you have to defend yourself (and not your honor, I mean physical self)
4) stay out of drama, this isn't 90210

Replicant

You don't. The best thing to do is usually to never get that stage. Especially if you don't have any experience in fighting. Even those that do usually try to avoid fight unless it's last resort. And like everyone else has said, numbers always win. You don't just charge into a group and start fighting them unless you're truly ace at various martial arts training.

So I hope you learn from your lesson.

LuchaShaq

Banned
lol, this is an almost non-existant opinion on gaf but just cause she's a girl doesn't mean she can't be my bro. I would go into the fiery depths of mordor for her, we've got a close friendship.
a

QFT one of my best friends happens to have a vagina. Even though it's a bit different since we used to fuck off an on again for a few years when we were both single just because we had good sexual chemistry. She's engaged and I have a gf of over a year but we had dinner the other night just us, no biggie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom