• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justice League - Comic-Con Sneak Peek

Slaythe

Lol, it's one thing to say you don't think they executed, but to say they didn't at all and ignore the movie is laughable.

Also batman ends the movie saying "I failed him in life...I won't fail him in death"

It's not even badly executed.

The doubts people had regarding Superman are gone because he made the ultimate sacrifice to save everyone.

He showed everyone that he was as powerful as a god, didn't abuse his power, and was a selfless hero. That's a role model alright. And he gave up his life to save mankind, so I can see why some people would try to be "better", not to make his sacrifice in vain. (bible bla bla but I guess that was always gonna be a thing there...)

Boke1879

Synder's damage is done. The Superman they're talking about in this trailer and the one we got in MoS and BvS are two different characters. You can produce a screencap of the 'S' on a roof surrounded by people needing saving, but neither film once made you feel like the Earth felt that way about Superman.

Why not? Plenty of scenes showed people thanking and praising him. Hell many turned out to his funeral and memorial.

Sure it may not have been conveyed to US the audience the best way. But what Bruce is saying isn't out of line.

Clark hemming and hawwing over being a hero was something we as an audience saw him do privately, but to the public he's a flying dude who saves people from terrible shit, doing the things that we wish we could. So Bruce calling him a beacon for the people isn't really out of line at all, but I can understand it coming off as unearned.

Yep, Clark saved people in spite of his concerns about what exactly his role was for humanity. Clark saved people in spite of people like Luthor ( and at least going into BvS, Bruce Wayne) who had an irrational fear and hatred of him. He was still very much a hope for people and to a few he was a messiah like figure which the latter did cause more consternation for Clark.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Reason I could see it be a Green Lantern is, well, Alfred doesn't know Clark Kent.

Alfred, who has a history in the military, might've crossed paths with a Hal Jordan or John Stewart.

But it's probably Superman.

A 60+ year old british military vet has crossed paths with a US air force pilot and a soldier in their early 30's?

jackdoe

I have to say that I'm very disappointed with the aspect ratio they chose. It made Avengers feel extremely cramped and it does the same thing here.

Effect

Love'd it!! Full acknowledgement of the Green Lanterns was something I was waiting for. Loved that they have the "red skies" as well.

Reason I could see it be a Green Lantern is, well, Alfred doesn't know Clark Kent.

Alfred, who has a history in the military, might've crossed paths with a Hal Jordan or John Stewart.

But it's probably Superman.
Im pretty sure its Supes. His face is on papers and tv. Doubt he doesnt know how he looks. More than likley he has the black suit with the S on it and could explain how suprised he was was there as well.

n8zdF0Z.gif

It's actually the first DC/Marvel crossover:

3727366-devil_dino-skaar-king_of_the_savage_land%231.jpg

Alienous

"I'm glad that's all resolved. Everything is back to normal"

"What about all those people you killed, Batman?"

"What people?"

ONE THING I CAN TELL YOU IS YOU GOT TO BE FREE *drums* *roll credits*

Make it happen Zack. Clumsy retcons all the way.

jackdoe

Im pretty sure its Supes. His face is on papers and tv. Doubt he doesnt know how he looks. More than likley he has the black suit with the S on it and could explain how suprised he was was there as well.
He's probably more surprised that someone could come back from the dead.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I hope they explain why the Amazonians were just keeping a motherbox they most likely knew nothing about on a damn pedestal.
WONDER WOMAN MINOR SPOILER That looked like their
vault where they keep the weapons the gods left them.

Hagi

I like that we're still rolling with this Wally/Barry mutant, maybe during Flashpoint they'll separate themselves and Barry can go away into the speed force in peace leaving Wally to take up the reigns.

SpaceWolf

Banned
I think literally the one casting I approve of in the DC Film Universe is Jeremy Irons as Alfred. Whatever might happen following Flashpoint, I hope they keep him.

Boke1879

That Superman description doesn’t align with the movies at all lol

Yea it does. Movies have shown tons of people thanking him, praising him etc. Hell he sacrificed himself at the end of BvS. People turned out for his funeral and memorial. It forced Bruce to be better.

Slaythe

Synder's damage is done. The Superman they're talking about in this trailer and the one we got in MoS and BvS are two different characters. You can produce a screencap of the 'S' on a roof surrounded by people needing saving, but neither film once made you feel like the Earth felt that way about Superman.

His DEATH changed things, since it proved to everyone he was a selfless hero and not some alien tyrant. The fact that this "god" sacrificed himself to save the Earth and mankind can also, very believably (religion), lead people to better themselves.

And that's not counting the people that were already on board with Supes before his sacrifice.

It's also clear the US government saw him as a threat, according to SS.

GhaleonEB

a3cjYyh.gif

That is such a tiny fence.

Why do two guys drop through several floors of a building like they weight 6 tons?

Yea it does. Movies have shown tons of people thanking him, praising him etc. Hell he sacrificed himself at the end of BvS. People turned out for his funeral and memorial. It forced Bruce to be better.

I've only seen BvS, not MoS, but the balance was pretty strongly in favor of Superman the persecuted, feared and hated in that film. There were a handful of nods to him as beacon of hope, but literally a handful. The tone and content were both pretty negative on Supes. Trying to pull it out at the end didn't really work.

Top Bottom