• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT2| Taking Off the Training Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
just heard t-ara/davichi - we were in love, which is fantastic.

tried listening to 2ne1 but couldn't get into them at all, sadly, don't think it's my style.

just getting into BIGBANG now, they are sick, lots of great songs by them. too much kpop to keep track of.

looking through the OP, any recommends for brown eye girls or secret or after school (besides into the night sky) songs that are universally liked or most popular? they have quite a few songs. think i've listened to all the girl groups in the OP now after i listen to your recommendations :)

Did you listen to 2NE1's first EP? also the To Anyone CD? Those are pretty good. Their new stuff though, not so much..

For BEG, Sound-G and Sixth Sense are both great albums. For After School, get the "Virgin" album!

edit:

You guys don't have an iSubs VIP account? o_O it's so cheap. I just made a VIP account for you guys. Hit me up if you want the info. Although I think the payment has to process before it becomes an actual VIP account, right? Maybe not since it says "Group VIP Members"

Biscuits

http://fruitsandberries.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/2ne1-no-makeup.jpg?w=614[IMG]

This picture kinda shocked me. Park bom was the cutest pre-surgery. Now her face all swollen and she looks like a frozen barbie doll and dresses like i dont know what, its untasteful and outrageous a lot of times.

I know these photos of fresh-faced kpopstars prior to breakthrough are always shocking but this picture was just, more shocking than all the other ones ive seen.

Honestly, i would think its hard to find these bad pictures of normal people even. Whats the point of taking these photos? To bring out their worst side for some plastic surgery analyze?[/QUOTE]
Eh, they all look mostly the same except for CL and Bom which, as you said, is such a shame. It just looks like a difference in some makeup and skin care. Is it confirmed that all of them have had surgery?

[quote="Salvadora, post: 35278227"]Brown Eyed Girls are great, SNSD less so from what i have heard.[/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/4Ldko.gif

yep

Block B in a controversy over their comments in Thai interview

At the 9:15 mark, the interviewer asked, “What separates you from other Korean hip-hop artists?” Leader Zico quipped, “If you look at hip-hop artists, they’re very ugly. But we feel confident in our technical abilities.” The other members burst out laughing at Zico’s response, and P.O even slid back on the couch, pushing his legs up into the air and clapped his hands and feet together in unison. Zico continued, “And sometimes we get crazy assholes like him.” U-Kwon continued laughing and suddenly stood up and started dancing around, followed by a loud monkey imitation as he swung his arms and screeched.

What has really gripped the attention and anger of viewers was the group’s commentary on the recent flooding in Thailand. At the 12:32 mark, the interviewer brought up the crisis, to which Zico replied, “I know that many people have it hard due to the flood. With this monetary aid, we hope that you will feel better. The only thing we have is money.” To this, another member chimed in, asking how much money Zico had, to which the leader answered, “About 7000 won?” which is roughly $6 USD. The other members laughed again.

With such incendiary comments, the Youtube video has quickly escalated in views, earning nearly 103,000 views with a 95% negative rating. While some fans and viewers are defending Block B’s behavior as their typical trolling, the majority of netizens assert that the group has gone too far with this interview.

The issue has received so much attention that Nichkhun, Junho and Chansung of 2PM took to Twitter to comment on the matter.

A Thai American himself, Nichkhun tweeted, “As a Thai, I’m offended by those who talk about the flooding in Thailand without thinking. If you come to Thailand, rather than acting without thinking, please respect this country and only behave with a proper attitude.”

In response to Nichkhun, hip hop legend Drunken Tiger tweeted, “Not everybody like that bro. Keep speaking the truth tho #prayers!”

Junho retweeted Nichkhun’s post then commented, “I won’t say who, but those behaviors and attitudes make me ashamed as a fellow Korean. I wish they would learn that one bad action doesn’t just affect them, but also creates a dirty mess for those around them. I say this as a person and a sunbae.”

Chansung tweeted, “Even if carelessness can seem inevitable even if you’re trying your best to avoid it, if you’re absent-minded and hurt others then act like you’re the best, that’s being careless. This is more than a mistake and proves that you’re that kind of person.. Shame on you.”

edit:
Well, they've apologized

Peru

Block B's whole thing is being laid back and not giving a shieeet. 2PM should empathize - that was their thing too until Jay left. The charity joke was clearly a bad idea, though. Says something about Korean society the way they focus on bad behaviour reflecting on them and everyone.

It turns out Kim Moo Yeol sent a tweet to Yoon Seung Ah on February 12th stating, “I’ve been drinking and the night is getting late. I keep thinking about you, wanting to hear your voice, and pondering about your face. Wanting to call, but afraid that you might be sleeping, I’m sending you a message instead once again“.

He continued, “Meeting someone like you, I feel incomplete, awkward, and insecure. Kim Moo Yeol, who was half, is being made whole by you. Sleep well. I’m rambling on today. I miss you. I should have just written that one phrase instead.”

This sweet message, guaranteed to melt any girl’s heart, seems to have been mistakenly sent as a regular tweet (perhaps due to his intoxicated state), rather than a direct message, which would have made the message view-able by just the two.

Awww

W_Dreamer

7oo9n.gif
1tlEH.gif

VoWhN.gif
Xp5mv.gif

tM9mp.gif
HE5se.gif

Where is this from?

Gawath

Neo Member
Where is this from?

MTV SNSD

Hello there, newly registred, I read this tread a lot this past two months.
I am french, I like a lot of K girl's band, really like Miss A and T-Ara, and love soshis.
I can't choose between IU and Taengoo for best vocals, and I don't have any favorite soshi member; I just love as soon as they are interacting : YoonYul, TaeNy, Danshin couple...
That's all for today, I am glad to be part of this tread now :)

Edit : Time to write, pwned :) (second part of Hyo's ep is hilarious too)

MTV SNSD

Hello there, newly registred, I read this tread a lot this past two months.
I am french, I like a lot of K girl's band, really like Miss A and T-Ara, and love soshis.
I can't choose between IU and Taengoo for best vocals, and I don't have any favorite soshi member; I just love as soon as they are interacting : YoonYul, TaeNy, Danshin couple...
That's all for today, I am glad to be part of this tread now :)

Edit : Time to write, pwned :) (second part of Hyo's ep is hilarious too)

You pass the entrance exam, bro!

Just saw Miss A's Touch. I dig the song and the video, but I don't like it as much as Breathe or Goodbye Baby. I will have to listen to the whole album.

Kyon

Banned
Just listened to Touch, video is flawless, song is a hot ass mess, how can that shit be a single LAWD have mercy. I'm so mad rn That is not the follow up I was expecting.

Riverfield

Neo Member
0eDMx.jpg

Picked up this album few days ago. Very nice. Been listening to the title track and 그럴꺼야 a lot. Pretty songs, pretty voice, pretty face. I'm a fan.

Salazar

Finally watching King of Idols.

My god. That MC Hyun Young's voice is like a hot needle in my brain. What the fuck.

Onew and Minho godlike. Seungri such a nerd.

Yo.........Yamato sent me the link and when I seen "diagnosed with" I was about ready to cry because I immediately thought she was gonna die before clicking the link.....

goddam crisis averted....y'all woulda seen rage and sorrow all at once....

but I hope everything goes well....

<3<3<3

Peru

0eDMx.jpg

Picked up this album few days ago. Very nice. Been listening to the title track and &#44536;&#47092;&#44732;&#50556; a lot. Pretty songs, pretty voice, pretty face. I'm a fan.

Worked with Dear Cloud on this album, I think I read somewhere. Checking it out.

DXPett1

Watched Music Core in Paris last night. Pretty horrible I must say.

• 2PM were the only outstanding group.
  • U-KISS and SISTAR would of been great except for the audio/echo issues (Hyorin was puffy as hell, she under the weather?)
  • T-ARA should not have even shown up and just left the fans doing the Roly-Poly cover
  • BEAST and SNSD were a pass.
  • 4minute don't seem to understand there own songs.
  • The intro to each group was shit, forced not to sing and just dance a couple of seconds to each hit? Lame
  • SHINee did well without Onew but its not the same (it only emphasised how unique Onews voice is
fair?

EDIT: horrible news regarding Gyuri :( Overworked, singers gotta take care of that voice or become like James Hetfield of Metallica

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom