• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT2| Taking Off the Training Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niks

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/tech/2012/05/116_111969.html

WiQOq.jpg

N. Korean version of Girls’ Generation made up of ‘elite’ entertainers

South Koreans describe Girls’ Generation as the Goddesses of soldiers. Others call them “guntongryeong,” or the presidents of the military. This means that they have great influence on the morale of service members.

North Korea also has a morale-boosting girls’ troupe for its army. Can this North Korean troupe be considered a rival to South Korea’s Girls’ Generation? -- Probably not.

Aside from this troupe, the North has a beauty troupe that conducts activities aimed at promoting North Korea abroad, the New Focus, a Seoul-based online newspaper run by North Korean defectors, reported Saturday.

Members of the beauty troupe are “elite” entertainers whose status is above that of ordinary citizens or military personnel, according to the report. Created as part of the Pyongyang regime’s policy of ‘showing-off’, the troupe consists of “outstanding” beauties from across the country wearing world class makeup designs.

Just as members of the Girls’ Generation did, North Korea’s beauty troupe members were selected during childhood, and underwent extensive training programs, the New Focus reported.

Some of the beauty entertainers served as members of the North’s cheerleading squad during the 2002 Busan Asian Games held in South Korea.

The beauty troupe gives performances not only for military troops but also for members of the privileged classes, the newspaper stated.

Alta1r

LOL, have a safe flight!
Have fun mang, hopefully GG has a solo concert this summer in Korea and you can get tickets.

If you run into Yoong, she likes to be pet on her head.
eagerly awaits international incident where Alt get's deported

3RZWU.gif

Thanks! And before they make me turn my phone off, I have to say, hot damn some of these Korean Air hostesses.. Hotter than some of the ladies posted in here.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
·feist·;38374425 said:
As if seeing people fawn over the under-age members of A Pink, and Chocolat weren't enough...

"T-ara's New Member of a sexy look"
SHE IS 12 YEARS OLD!

You dun crossed the line, KKS.

(._.)

Banned
t-ara will officially be finished when they add the little kid to it. will no longer be a fan of the group.

it would be cool if they went against their contracts and disband right before the 8th member is added. hyomin will go solo and the other original five members will start a new girl group w/o any new members, hwanyoung w/e and the two other girls will be left in the dust.

t-ara will officially be finished when they add the little kid to it. will no longer be a fan of the group.

it would be cool if they went against their contracts and disband right before the 8th member is added. hyomin will go solo and the other original five members will start a new girl group w/o any new members, hwanyoung w/e and the two other girls will be left in the dust.
Without Hyomin, there are only Eunjung and Jiyeon left from the original T-ara since Jiae is no longer in the industry and Jiwon is in Spica.

SHE IS 12 YEARS OLD!

You dun crossed the line, KKS.
So Dani was born in 2000? They were using her Korean age when saying she is 14?

A-Jax releases MV for One 4 U, their lead single. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5LtlBuS3H4
Kinda like EXO meets 300.
tumblr_m4wgopnWy81rvagkco1_400.gif

Calcaneus

Are they gonna be promoting that leaked song before or after the child joins? I really liked what I heard, too.

Is the pedo market really worth destroying a perfectly good group over?

Chesskid1

Banned
Are they gonna be promoting that leaked song before or after the child joins? I really liked what I heard, too.

Is the pedo market really worth destroying a perfectly good group over?

the child will be joining in december for she can have more training time (hasnt been alive long enough to practice) but she will have a cameo in their next video. the other new member who is 19 will be in the video, however.

i'm not really mad atm because hwayoung joined and i heard that annoyed a lot of ppl (this was before my time though) but now nobody cares, plus we have a good 6 months of grown up t-ara. sucks but what can you do, i love the rest of t-ara too much to not support them.

i love the rest of t-ara too much to not support them.

Thats the perfect point. I hate the idea of a 12 year old being paired with 2 of the best idols in all of K-pop (I love all 7, though), but I'll deal with it. Watching the music videos will be much much harder, obviously. But again, I'll deal with it
until the group breaks up over or other members are booted from the group -_-

(._.)

Banned
OK, I need links to the KBS dream team show when the girls are gettin all wet and wild. english subs preferred. was it filmed in hd?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
What part of "T-ara's new member of a sexy look" do you not understand?

:p

Calcaneus

I did enjoy those two more actually, particularly the first one. At least its upbeat. Don't really understand why EVERY guy group has to be all epic or serious lately.

Max

I am not Max
The packaging is so cute... Photobook is incredible also

yo maybe this means I'll start buying more kpop related things, this album wasn't even signed...

I'm growing up you guys

luso

This is KKS, dude.

On May 31st, T-ara’s agency revealed, “T-ara’s new member Dani has been receiving love calls from cosmetics companies that amount to an enormous sum of about 200 million won (around $170,000 USD).”

Dani was revealed to the public on the 30th and has been attracting much attention with her visuals as she stands at a height of 167 cm. Dani relayed through her agency that, “I was dazed and amazed as my name rose up in the online real-time search rankings, and I am even happier that I received love calls from cosmetic advertisers.”

She also revealed more about T-ara’s recent activity as she stated, “Recently, the T-ara unnies are working hard in learning the choreography. I politely declined the love call.”

Despite being only 14 years old, Dani’s appearance and skills combined resembles that of someone much older. She will officially join T-ara’s activities in December.

This sounds familiar... What's her age after all? Article said 14. So much wrong stuff on above bold words... Still pedo-bait, but I read korea's age of consent is 13. KKS knows it all...

lunlunqq

Thanks! And before they make me turn my phone off, I have to say, hot damn some of these Korean Air hostesses.. Hotter than some of the ladies posted in here.

haha... no need to wait for international incidents... Alt will probably be kicked out of the plane before it even leaves US air space... just kidding, the best of luck to you in kpopland, bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom