• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT2| Taking Off the Training Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly

Looks like GD was cosplaying as Cloud from FFVII rofl. Can't wait for their next album so they can be rid of this ridiculous style.

Peru

It's pretty signature YG in sound. A solid step back, yes, but catchy. It's just a 'gift' single anyway, not promoted.

Re WG: I think a lot of exciting and stimulating moments in music and art can come from sampling different cultures without coming off as 'authentic'. It can foster a charmingly real personality of its own.

Calcaneus

My problem with both songs is the chorus. Monster's is boring, and the one on Like This is kinda annoying, though it can grow on me.

I like the Wonder Girls video. I'm tired of all the flashy videos. I was kinda waiting for someone to just go outside, get some people, and dance.

Peru

Sooyoung meeting TTS and writing a fangirl account of it

With the excitement still left over from watching yesterday's Dancing Hyo The Stars I went to MuCore!!+_+
I arrived in the morning and saw TaeTiSeo unnies doing their makeup..
Wow..they look so pretty in person.. They looked so pretty that I almost screamed
I am now an actress and a mistress so I worked hard to protect my dignity!!* I was so nervous!!
I went to the waiting room and saw the Girls' Generation lunchbox that I used to see only on TV!!
Even my name was written on it! SONEs are so wittyㅠㅠㅠㅠ
I gladly ate the food and gained strength and the OK was given for my performance after only 2 recordings!
After that I watched TaeTiSeo unnies' performance and their live singing was the best...ㅠㅡㅜ Why was Taeyeon unnie smiling like that? She's so pretty. Seohyun unnie's ad-libs were powerful.ㅠㅠ
Fany unnie's hair color suits her so well and her powerful live singingㅠㅠ Unnies also did great on Sketchbook..
After finishing, the unnies changed into their MC outfits and wore wreaths, no angel can compare...ㅠㅡㅜ
I asked to take a photo and they gladly smiled and took a photoㅜㅜ
Unnies' faces are so smallㅠㅠ I didn't want to leave them but I had to go home..

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Guys one more page.
You mean two.

The next thread title should be "Bitter Rivalries Consume" since we have been dividing more often.

That or "Agents on the Field" since we have and will have more people actually in Korea.

Only 30 seconds of Sooyoung...

i5MIC7rJfjBq2.gif

I stayed up till 6 AM watching OC's stream to see that performance and all I got was 30 seconds =/

I was thinking she'd be dancing for longer, but oh well. Nice gif Luso.

Sooyoung meeting TTS and writing a fangirl account of it

Lol she does a good job of sounding like a fangirl.

Music Core cut:
Sooyoung Music Core Dance Cut OMG

Sooyoung with TTS backstage:
tumblr_m4zqzf7AXS1qbjx5m.jpg

Practicing the viola for her upcoming drama and being cute:
tumblr_m4zqz53i5K1qbjx5m.jpg

I wish Big Bang would go back to their fashion and hairstyles of Tonight. It was sogood.gif; this new style is so weird and unnecessary.

-GOUKI-

Nothing catchy about it. Ultra-generic boyband sound which 80% of boyband offerings are these days. All of the men in kpop need to step up their game, which Big Bang had just done, making this regression all the more disappointing.

As for the WG... It's like when white suburbians try to be ghetto, which you can see on youtube now and then. I'm sure if I grew up in Korea and not in the ghetto in America I'd like it. As it is, it's like the uncanny valley effect in musical form, specifically with the target being André 3000.

Thats like the opposite for me o_O I find girlbands are either dumb cutesy and or over the top slutty. The only originality left are in boy bands.

Dice

To be fair, Emma Waston does look like a boy. Not really in body (though her frame is nothing special) but in face very much so.

Still, continuing to stir shit among a thread of fanboys is asking for a ban.

Ashhong

I didn't think his comments were that bad (or wrong) but OT rarely lets people get away with that sort of thing.

It's not that the content was THAT bad, but you have to watch when and where you say such things. Reading through, it came off as very trollish. If someone came in here badmouthing kpop girls nonstop (and a mod was actually in here) we would be calling for a ban in a second.

That was fucked up. Too bad you cant ban Phonom from the next OT

Dice

Meh, I'm bored of this already. I guess I'll step it up step it up to a Nicole version.

ryan-ts

It's not that the content was THAT bad, but you have to watch when and where you say such things. Reading through, it came off as very trollish. If someone came in here badmouthing kpop girls nonstop (and a mod was actually in here) we would be calling for a ban in a second.

I missed the whole "malnourished cover of national geographic" the first time through. He definitely deserved to be banned. Minjung is much hotter then Emma Watson though.

RZI

I think I am in the minority here, but I really love those hair bangs. Black hair + hair bangs makes my heart melt. Strangely, Tiffany's bangs do nothing for me.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
I think I am in the minority here, but I really love those hair bangs. Black hair + hair bangs makes my heart melt. Strangely, Tiffany's bangs do nothing for me.

Jooyeon? Y/N?
(you better say yes)

BM5EH.png

Alta1r

You mean two.

The next thread title should be "Bitter Rivalries Consume" since we have been dividing more often.

That or "Agents on the Field" since we have and will have more people actually in Korea.

Haha, "Agents in the Field" is good. Or "Behind Enemy Lines."

I stayed up till 6 AM watching OC's stream to see that performance and all I got was 30 seconds =/

I was thinking she'd be dancing for longer, but oh well. Nice gif Luso.

Lol, should have just waited for Luso's gif, solid.

what? banned? lol

edit: looks like you're gonna have to use your tumblr yamato

Sheeiiittt, another one down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom