• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT2| Taking Off the Training Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are Japanese calendars so expensive?
tpzHr.jpg
OSggk.jpg

The T-ara one is US$42.69/£27.75 on yesasia. :(

ramyeon

Why are Japanese calendars so expensive?
tpzHr.jpg
OSggk.jpg

The T-ara one is US$42.69/£27.75 on yesasia. :(
They're massive though. I've had one ages ago and they're basically giant posters that you rip off every month or two months.

But yeah Japanese stuff in general is expensive as, even in Japan.

Peru

As a contrast to the k-pop Christmas ballads, Japanese hyper ADHD girl group (isn't that 99% of them over there?) Momoiro Clover Z gives us a festive tribute to Father Christmas, here http://youtu.be/LwMuHy8t_Vk, and I quote one chorus verbatim:

SantaSanSanSan SanSanSantaSanSanSan SanSanSantaSanSanSan SanSanSanSantaSanta Claus (SanSanSanSan!) SantaSanSanSanta Claus Santa SanSanSanta Claus Santa SanSanSanSanSanSanSan Santa(Santa!)Santa(Santa!)Santa(Santa!) Santa SanSanSan SanSan Santa SanSanSan SanSan SantaSanSanSanSanSanSanSantaSanta Claus. Santa(Santa!) Santa(Santa!) Santa(Santa!) Santa(Santa!) Oh Santa Claus. Santa SanSanSanSanSanSanSan SantaSantaSantaSantaSantaSantaSantaSanta

After this there's a short interplay with some jingurubells before we're back on the Santa wagon. Good lord in heaven I wrote down those lyrics myself, you can check for accuracy yourself.

ramyeon

As a contrast to the k-pop Christmas ballads, Japanese hyper ADHD girl group (isn't that 99% of them over there?) Momoiro Clover Z gives us a festive tribute to Father Christmas, here http://youtu.be/LwMuHy8t_Vk, and I quote one chorus verbatim:

SantaSanSanSan SanSanSantaSanSanSan SanSanSantaSanSanSan SanSanSanSantaSanta Claus (SanSanSanSan!) SantaSanSanSanta Claus Santa SanSanSanta Claus Santa SanSanSanSanSanSanSan Santa(Santa!)Santa(Santa!)Santa(Santa!) Santa SanSanSan SanSan Santa SanSanSan SanSan SantaSanSanSanSanSanSanSantaSanta Claus. Santa(Santa!) Santa(Santa!) Santa(Santa!) Santa(Santa!) Oh Santa Claus. Santa SanSanSanSanSanSanSan SantaSantaSantaSantaSantaSantaSantaSanta

After this there's a short interplay with some jingurubells before we're back on the Santa wagon. Good lord in heaven I wrote down those lyrics myself, you can check for accuracy yourself.
Couldn't get past those costumes and the first few lines of chipmunk lyrics.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
That was about 2 minutes too long.

Those girls appear to have unlimited enthusiasm.

Deadly

I can't believe you wrote down the lyrics hahahahaha

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
They are kind of adorable, although the costumes are terribad.

Peru

Imagine if they were Korean, they'd have to do that five times a week.

I came across that song because I actually subscribe to the youtube channel on my feed. The reason is an earlier single of theirs, equally hyper and schizo, is brilliant in a very mental way http://youtu.be/qVn3_qeIrBA

As a package, like all J-idol groups, it's.. inexcusable, but when a song hits you it hits you.

scottnak

Oh my... But hey, when you can moon walk like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O8N1ZaRiLg what can stop you!

Biscuits

I came across that song because I actually subscribe to the youtube channel on my feed. The reason is an earlier single of theirs, equally hyper and schizo, is brilliant in a very mental way http://youtu.be/qVn3_qeIrBA

As a package, like all J-idol groups, it's.. inexcusable, but when a song hits you it hits you.
Reminds me of newer Pokemon game music. Figures, I guess.

ramyeon

Wow... I'm kind of glad I stopped listening to Jpop when I did, now.

Peru

As Sal can confirm, there's nothing wrong with their powers of observation:

"Christmas is in midwinter in Japan. It's in midsummer in Australia. That's cocococo cocococo cococo coconuts"

Anyway, to aid this thread back on topic

tumblr_lvrxszr9WF1qb1ovy

Salazar

naszr.gif
B5ImZ.gif

b1s6b.gif
CRDG7.gif

RXAb1.gif

EutaC.gif

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/12/leessangs-gary-finally-learns-what-lol-means

Leessang member Gary revealed that he’s finally figured out what ‘lol (laugh out loud)’ meant in English.

On December 7th, Gary tweeted, “I learned that the equivalent of ‘kekeke’ in Korean (which represents laughter) is ‘lollollol’ in English. My manager Choi was texting one of his friends in America, and he was super embarrassed when he asked Yoon Mi Rae why his friend kept saying ‘roll, roll, roll’. I didnt know either! ‘lololol”

Salazar

Still seems like a flawed premise. It looks like the guys won't be doing anything remotely exciting for fear of attack from netizens/their own girlfriends.

Maybe Soshi will wear them down.

Still none the wiser as to how they are "dangerous".

2San

Maybe Soshi will wear them down.

Still none the wiser as to how they are "dangerous".

Honestly that's the only thing I'm interested in. How are they dangerous? If they really where, I can imagine SM never allowing this. It's a pretty odd concept.

Salazar

uTPBU.gif
inStQ.gif

Xrvfv.gif
FLBZf.gif

BUJEe.gif

G7sqd.gif

I had a vague idea that they were going to be like NEETs and Soshi would have to motivate them to take a shelf stacking job or something.

Oh, and OC. We need to put Mong in if the OP gets expanded.

t2R9D.jpg

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
I can put a total of 6 more artists/groups in the OP so you guys decide on who should be in there and if there are any I should remove.

2San

I can put a total of 6 more artists/groups in the OP so you guys decide on who should be in there and if there are any I should remove.

You forgot International Superstar Rain and you should be embarrassed for not adding him. Even if this for active people only, not adding him should be a Cardinal Sin.

edit: Even if this sounds like sarcasm, it's not, it's a hyperbole if anything. Rain is awesome. :O

Salazar

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
G-Dragon, Taeyang, Rain, Mong. Anyone else? Btw, I asked on the first page of the thread but no one responded to me :(

Yes and yes. Mainly missing from the OP because there's a 250 image limit. I plan on splitting up the sections. First post will be music videos, second post will be TV, etc. Haven't started on the rest of the artists that aren't as active. I'll do it some other time since this one took fucking forever to do :/

To name a few that are missing:

G-Dragon
Taeyang
Rain
Lee Hyori
Leessang

I'm sure you guys could help out and name a few, if you want to.
Also, I kinda left out Cry Cry on accident. Don't hurt me

ramyeon

Leessang, yes. Sniper over Outsider? Hmm Sniper is great, but as far as entry level stuff that's gonna get new people hooked Outsider is way more accessible.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Okay, here's the deal. If you want an artist in the OP... either post or PM me the artist and 2+ MV's of theirs. if they only have 1, i'm not gonna bother posting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom