• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kamiya wants to unveil his next game this year.

So Capcom hires them to work in 3DS
to add depth to a NES game port.
Considering their commercial 'success' in NDS, I doubt they do something in 3DS.
Nope, just on backgrounds. ;)

I'm trying to remember, was Infinite Space the only Platinum Games DS game? I thought it did "decent" (slight euphemism) considering it had no hype (whether justified or not) and little awareness both here and abroad.

Anyway, any Platinum is good Platinum!~

monome

cwxtn.jpg

Is he plugging Bayo's holes?

duckroll

Nope, just on backgrounds. ;)

I'm trying to remember, was Infinite Space the only Platinum Games DS game? I thought it did "decent" (slight euphemism) considering it had no hype (whether justified or not) and little awareness both here and abroad.

Anyway, any Platinum is good Platinum!~

Infinite Space isn't even really a Platinum Games title. It's entirely developed by Nudemaker. Platinum Games simply produced it because they're good friends with Nudemaker and wanted to help them get their game made.

Salih

PlatinumGames are one of my favourite developers this gen. I really enjoyed MadWorld and especially Bayonetta. Whatever Kamiya and TLA are working on right now - new ip, sequel, spinoff - i will be there - day1.

Phenomic

I hope its something new that's of the calibur of Bayonetta. Bayonetta feels very complete as is.

This and Rising in the same year would be too good, I rarely do day 1s but will for both of these.

Yeah this for sure. I want something so similar to the combat style of Bayonetta and it can still be wacky and zany but I wouldn't mind characters or a plot I could relate to a little more.

Jintor

I don't care, but if it's action, I want some crazy improvements on Bayonetta. Like, Kamiya crazy improvements. I'll happily play anything he makes though. Well, I'll happily try it, in any case.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know if you're a dude or a chick but it needs to be said that even though he's bald, Hideki Kamiya's is not gay. (Warning, this is a kotaku link).

1UP: What do you think about Bayonetta, as a game? Do you think Kamiya is right to follow the Devil May Cry formula so closely?

TI: If I made a similar game as a game I made in the company I quit, people would say, "What an idiot, can't he make anything else?" Well, that is more or less the opinion I have for, uh, that Bayo-something game.

ouch

shaowebb

Considering Sega is supposed to be bringing back older IP's it'd be nice if Hideki Kamiya announced he was doing the next Golden Ax or something. Still no one loses if Kamiya simply makes a new game himself without any old license. The guy is solid.

TreIII

Considering Sega is supposed to be bringing back older IP's it'd be nice if Hideki Kamiya announced he was doing the next Golden Ax or something. Still no one loses if Kamiya simply makes a new game himself without any old license. The guy is solid.

After Sega's last Golden Ax attempt, I think it would be better to let the property stay dead. Or at least, fallow for a few more years. And Kamiya has repeatedly expressed "NO INTEREST" in taking up the reigns of something like Shinobi.

Of course, as much as Kamiya loves his corridor shooters, it'd be funny if he got to do Panzer Dragoon. :lol

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Kamiya should do all the sequels to all my favorite IPs!

Duffyside

Banned
I'm incredibly offended by this.

Pfft. "Make a comeback." Is there any developer such a term would apply LESS to? Miyamoto? Levine? I can't think of one.

BadWolf

kamiya should never, ever make a sequel to space harrier or afterburner

jesus christ

I really effing hope the new game doesn't have any of this.

Make one of the best and most epic boss fights ever but preface it by a long ass on rails shooter segment? gtfo

TreIII

I think he has always wanted to, but they never gave him a chance or something

Pretty much. He's reiterated more than once that he would have loved to work on DMC2. But by the time DMC1 had barely finished, Capcom had already assigned another team to work on it.

Similarly, Capcom, in typical Capcom fashion, had already given orders for Clover Studios to give Viewtiful Joe the "Megaman" treatment. But Kamiya himself hadn't worked on any of the VJ sequels.

Anteater

Vanquish on Kamiya's hands would be really interesting, but I think it probably won't happen since he seems to have more creative freedom in PG, he probably would want to work on his own projects.

I think the most interesting think about this piece is that in that very same article, Kamiya, very amusingly, mentioned that his "Top Entertainment Content From 2011" were the 3D Classics on Nintendo 3DS. Which is kinda odd and not really expected one should think.

Ehhh... yes, it's expected from him as he LOVES classic games. So I really wouldn't look too much into it ;P

Besides, on this war of exclusives Nintendo is currently waging, it would've been announced already.

On topic: FUCK YEAH. Bayo 2 or whatever, most anticipated announce for me!

I think the most interesting think about this piece is that in that very same article, Kamiya, very amusingly, mentioned that his "Top Entertainment Content From 2011" were the 3D Classics on Nintendo 3DS. Which is kinda odd and not really expected one should think. The 3DS love isn't idiosyncratic to Kamiya at Platinum either with Inaba ostensibly adoring the 3DS and calling it a revolution in entertainment which is a pretty huge compliment and mimics the E3 2010 commentary. I don't exactly know whether this is justification for a hype-train but it does sound like Platinum Games is one studio that approaches the 3DS, if it approaches it as a developer at all, as something very much beyond a novelty.

Why hello there Capcom, that's a nice wolf IP you have there just lying around...~
Nintendo X Platinum Games double deal!

Star Fox Climax for Wii U
3D Classics: Star Fox for eShop

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Neat. I'm hyped for Anarchy Rings in the mean time.

Looking forward to his project and anything else Platinum Games will do this year (yes, that includes Anarchy Reigns).

:)

Always happy to see I'm not the only one.

Most anticipated game of 2012 so far.(Alongside VF5)

Kamiya hasn't directed a sequel to one of his games during his entire career, why would he do Bayonetta 2?

He expressed interest in a DMC and Okami sequel, but DMC was given to another team and he left Capcom soon after making Okami.

He worked on the scripts for VJ2 and DT like others have said tho. Which is why he still has interest in working on a VJ3, while he has said he no long wants to work on DMC or Okami since other people have had hands in the stories of those worlds.

That said I remember reading an interview around the time that Bayonetta was coming out that said he wanted to take a break from action games after Bayonetta.(He had gotten action games "out of his system" for the moment.) So if he wasn't trolling on twitter when he said he began to work on his next project before bayonetta even released, there's a pretty good chance it's not Bayo 2.

I'm going to try and find it.

TreIII

That said I remember reading an interview around the time that Bayonetta was coming out that said he wanted to take a break from action games after Bayonetta.(He had gotten action games "out of his system" for the moment.) So if he wasn't trolling on twitter when he said he began to work on his next project before bayonetta even released, there's a pretty good chance it's not Bayo 2.

I'm going to try and find it.

I think I remember that which you speak of. I just hope that, again, even if he decides to take a break from the "Stylish Action" genre, it may not mean taking a break from action games, as a whole.

After all, I still would like another take on the Viewtiful Joe formula, if he was up to such. Or maybe something action-RPG in tone?

Top Bottom