• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kayo Satoh: Sexy Japanese model, Street Fighter fan, and...

Status
Not open for further replies.

agrajag

Banned
Shanadeus said:
Because most people don't use those words in the biological sense, hence this whole theory about gender identity etc.

i don't know about that. i'm pretty sure that every single person that called Kayo Satoh a man in this thread was using the words in precisely that sense.

Nameless

Shanadeus said:
Because most people don't use those words in the biological sense, hence this whole theory about gender identity etc.

GAF doesn't constitute "most people". I lean left, but this place is nauseatingly liberal sometimes.

agrajag

Banned
Nameless said:
GAF doesn't constitute "most people". I lean left, but this place is nauseatingly liberal sometimes.

i also think there's a tendency of overlooking the close relation of sex and gender by liberal-GAF.

Platy

the problem is that "the biological sense" is complex..... brain, chromosome or genitals ? They are all biological stuffs... and for everything there is an exception

edit :

Sex and gender is a close thing .... in most cases. This thread is about the other case.

agrajag

Banned
Platy said:
the problem is that "the biological sense" is complex..... brain, chromosome or genitals ? They are all biological stuffs... and for everything there is an exception

edit :

Sex and gender is a close thing .... in most cases. This thread is about the other case.

the problem is that the biological sense is clear cut (all of the things you listed are physiological, although i take it that you mean the word 'brain' in the ambiguous "wired-the-other-way" sense) and the other sense you pick and choose whatever you want to be.

agrajag said:
the problem is that the biological sense is clear cut (all of the things you listed are physiological, although i take it that you mean the word 'brain' in the ambiguous "wired-the-other-way" sense) and the other sense you pick and choose whatever you want to be.
I wouldn't say the biological sense is necessarily clear cut.

There are five biological differences between men and women. They are chromosomes, genitals, gonads, hormones and secondary-sex characteristics. At birth you are legally assigned male or female based entirely on genitals. In day to day situations as an adult, you assume peoples gender based on secondary-sex characteristics. In both cases people assume that everything is in sync, but any one of these things could be "wrong" for any number of reasons. Honestly I'm not entirely sure where one sex would start to become the other.

Platy

i meant brain in the "center of the nervous system in all vertebrate, and most invertebrate, animals" meaning ...

and if by biological gender you say it is clear cut ... i would say that i agree with wikipedia because it is more behavior related and therefore more related to the brain

and nobody (that isn't a troll) disagrees that Kayo's behavior is female.

agrajag

Banned
NewGamePlus said:
I wouldn't say the biological sense is necessarily clear cut.

There are five biological differences between men and women. They are chromosomes, genitals, gonads, hormones and secondary-sex characteristics. At birth you are legally assigned male or female based entirely on genitals. In day to day situations as an adult, you assume peoples gender based on secondary-sex characteristics. In both cases people assume that everything is in sync, but any one of these things could be "wrong" for any number of reasons. Honestly I'm not entirely sure where one sex would start to become the other.

i'm not sure what you mean with that last part. Males and females (biologically speaking) have different chromosomes, genitalia, different bone structure (for example pelvic bones) and have the ability to reproduce when mating with one another! i don't know, maybe those are arbitrary distinctions to you, but that's a rather odd perspective, imho.

can it be physiologically verified that gender and sex aren't in sync, as you say?

harSon said:
The 'Banned sites\memes\words that will most likely get you banned' FAQ was amended to include the term 'traps' in regard to transgendered people.

haha... does that make riskycris a martyr?

AkuMifune

Banned
Look kids, sometimes PC's are born with OSX by accident, and since it's impossible to convert the operating system to Windows, we should modify the hardware to make it compatible instead. It's ok to love a converted MAC, because the software was always OSX anyways. Usually the converted MAC will remove the now unnecessary PCI dongle, but sometimes they keep it, which is great for LAN parties.

So in conclusion, don't be insecure or afraid about what you're attracted to, because we live in a wonderful world that allows us to love, marry and have sex with whomever we want, regardless of what hardware they have. And if you missed the moral of the story, Apple is for girls.

charsace

MWS Natural said:
:lol Yeah that's like 40% of GAF's definition of a "hot bod", with no ass or curves.
Most of gaf wants to fuck a woman that has a 12 year old boy's body. You post a pic of Esther Baxter and they will tell you she's fat. Meanwhile I'm looking at the pic wondering what her ass would feel like against my cheek.

lightless_shado said:
BISHOUNEN?!

EDIT:

poison_figure.jpg

F*ck no fool!

Poison has hips.

If this whore plays SF4 then no sale. NO SALE YOU HEAR ME!?

Shanadeus said:
Fine, he's whiter than white. The skin notwithstanding he still acted like a white, I don't consider him no brother after all his antics.

What the fuck are you going on about? How do you "acted like a white"?

AkuMifune said:
So in conclusion, don't be insecure or afraid about what you're attracted to, because we live in a wonderful world that allows us to love, marry and have sex with whomever we want, regardless of what hardware they have. And if you missed the moral of the story, Apple is for girls.

Don't live in America?

Jeramii said:
hot bod probably equaling not fat, and normal looking skin... ?

What does "normal looking" skin look like? The same color as yours?

Platy

AkuMifune said:
Look kids, sometimes PC's are born with OSX by accident, and since it's impossible to convert the operating system to Windows, we should modify the hardware to make it compatible instead. It's ok to love a converted MAC, because the software was always OSX anyways. Usually the converted MAC will remove the now unnecessary PCI dongle, but sometimes they keep it, which is great for LAN parties.

one of the best posts i ever saw on neogaf xD

agrajag said:
i'm not sure what you mean with that last part. Males and females (biologically speaking) have different chromosomes, genitalia, different bone structure (for example pelvic bones) and have the ability to reproduce when mating with one another! i don't know, maybe those are arbitrary distinctions to you, but that's a rather odd perspective, imho.

can it be physiologically verified that gender and sex aren't in sync, as you say?
I just meant that we have fairly arbitrary ways of defining sex, especially in regards to people born intersex. We don't have a good way legally or socially to deal with nearly 2% of the population when it comes determining biological sex. That it to say, because some of their characteristics are male and some are female.

I'm not saying there is physiological way of determining gender, I'm just musing that often people will make transphobic arguments like a trans girl can't possibly be a real woman because she's XY instead of XX. There are however, plenty of documented cases of otherwise completely normal women being born with XY.

agrajag

Banned
NewGamePlus said:
I just meant that we have fairly arbitrary ways of defining sex, especially in regards to people born intersex. We don't have a good way legally or socially to deal with nearly 2% of the population when it comes determining biological sex. That it to say, because some of their characteristics are male and some are female.

I'm not saying there is physiological way of determining gender, I'm just musing that often people will make transphobic arguments like a trans girl can't possibly be a real woman because she's XY instead of XX. There are however, plenty of documented cases of otherwise completely normal women being born with XY.

can you please post some links to such cases, out of the sake of pure curiosty, as i have never heard of such. That's truly fascinating

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
charsace said:
Most of gaf wants to fuck a woman that has a 12 year old boy's body. You post a pic of Esther Baxter and they will tell you she's fat. Meanwhile I'm looking at the pic wondering what her ass would feel like against my cheek.
How to prove a point

1. Make generalizations at the audience your speaking too.

Platy

agrajag said:

If you agree that gender is based on the sex of the brain, then yes, there is.
Just look at the links where i said my definition of brain.

agrajag

Banned
Platy said:
If you agree that gender is based on the sex of the brain, then yes, there is.
Just look at the links where i said my definition of brain.

your links show that male and female (biological) brains differ. Can the same be shown for the transgendered? if we sliced kayo satoh's head open, would we be able to determine that she has a "female brain?"

Platy

being something about a minority, there aren't much studies about this (wich makes googling for then in a big scientific source tedious ...so i'm passing on this one) , but all confirmed this

yanhero

AkuMifune said:

:O It all makes sense now...

agrajag said:
your links show that male and female (biological) brains differ. Can the same be shown for the transgendered? if we sliced kayo satoh's head open, would we be able to determine that she has a "female brain?"
Platy said:
being something about a minority, there aren't much studies about this (wich makes googling for then in a big scientific source tedious ...so i'm passing on this one) , but all confirmed this
I don't really know the first thing about neurology, so I don't normally talk about it. However, I have seen this cited before. So, there could be some basis for that.

mollipen

Nameless said:
You're wrong. A change of gender doesn't simply denote a [singular] "change in your body". There's numerous physiological, biological and chemical difference between men & women. In conjunction with social & environmental factors. genetics and innate 'wiring', it all comes together shape who we are.

I'm not sure I'm arguing against that. My argument is against the people who want to sit here and say that what's between your legs is the absolute determination of who you are as a person. That may determine your physical sex, but not your gender, and it's only one of many factors that make up who you are.

Thus, my example of waking up in the body of the opposite sex is simply to say that somebody who feels like and sees themselves as, say male, would not instantly be female because their body suddenly was. It's far more complex than that.

By your logic we should all be bi-sexual because it's merely what's on the inside that counts and gender is just an arbitrary form of categorization.

That's not even close to what I'm saying.

Recognizing what I am and how what I am has shaped my life is having respect for myself as a person.

Well, we're going to have to agree to disagree. If you're so quick to just say "welp, I'm a woman now!" in that situation, that doesn't seem like having a lot of respect for yourself as a person.

AkuMifune said:

One of my favorite posts of this thread.

shidoshi said:
My argument is against the people who want to sit here and say that what's between your legs is the absolute determination of who you are as a person.
shidoshi, I'm not sure you are aware of this, but penises are very serious business.
Also, very funny looking.

Nose Master

Good thing I never heard of her before this. He definitely looks like a guy in most of the pictures. Them teeth, no hips, meh.

Who knows how I'd feel if I didn't go into it knowing he was a dude, though.

Good for her, I say. She's cute, and can get on with her life knowing most people don't have a problem with it. I'd marry her.

AkuMifune said:

Fantastic!
You´re truly blessed by the analogies gods. :D

mollipen

Nose Master said:
Good thing I never heard of her before this. He definitely looks like a guy in most of the pictures. Them teeth, no hips, meh.

Wait, hold on... you could tell she was born a man by her teeth?

Akainu

charsace said:
Hmmm...
qwMdH.jpg

Nose Master said:
Who knows how I'd feel if I didn't go into it knowing he was a dude, though.

A lot of people who play SF and know her are reenacting Ace Ventura.

It's been interesting, reading the topic with opinions from neutral parties.

Ferrio said:
The transgender thing is becoming really big even among males. Which to me has always makes sense, as a straight male I'm attracted to femininity.

I mean... Buck Angel is biologically a woman, even still has all the parts but I am noway attracted to him. There would be no hesitation if I had to pick between the woman in the op or this:

Buck%20Angel.jpg

Buck angel is confusing and hot...i'm REALLY into the top half...notsomuch the bottom half...

Baby Milo

PhoenixDark said:
Yea...I'd smash her no questions asked.

i dunno man i could see the appeal of the ones who had a bit of surgery to get that feminine look but i bet this girl like like a 14 year old boy naked

Nose Master

shidoshi said:
Wait, hold on... you could tell she was born a man by her teeth?

Nah, they're just gross. He's just... not really attractive, as a woman.

Additionally... he looks the most feminine in the "male" picture of him without makeup on. :lol

Oh fuck! I could have gone my entire life and never knew who buck angel was.......this after a family sized serving of macaroni n cheese...damn you google...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom