• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Keighley: Konami lawyers holding Kojima hostage; audience loudly boos. Inconceivable.

sonicmj1

What existing ones? Do they have any? I guess they released Silent Hill Homecoming or something. Wasn't that like 2008? Rocket Knight Adventures too

The only one that would mean anything to take down is MGSV.

If you want to protect Hideo Kojima's honor by making it more difficult for people to play his latest game, then go for it, I guess.

black-dynamite-you-done-fucked-up-now.gif

#fuckKonami

Foffy

Banned
So confused that Konami's own Twitter page has acknowledged these awards, but actively chose to ignore Punished Snack's comments.

Talk about living in a bubble. Then again, this was the same company that tried to give away free copies of MGSV in some famous Youtube/Twitch streams where the people running the stream told Konami reps to fuck off. They can't even give out free games because of this shit.

People think Konkani is going to respond to this? Lol they clearly don't give a shit about anything video games anymore. at most we get another franchise turned into a pachinko machine.

Yushi

What I learn today:

Seriously don't fuck with Geoff friend's. You're gaming company will crash and burn.

Vibranium

Banned
Regardless of how you feel how Kojima wrote MGSV, it is clear Konami are utterly terrible to him and screwed the chance of Chapter 3. This company seriously does not seem to care much for PR. MGS would be much better off with another publisher.

Crocodile

I guess its been a while since the latest installment of "Fuck Konami News" on the Jimquisition :p

But seriously, Fuck Konami. None of this is smart business. None of it. You can exit the video game industry without being a raging asshole

Spaghetti

i think geoff did the right thing. Kojima's contract not even allowing him to accept an award is draconian. konami may not be done with games, but games are done with konami. their brand is poison.

The best response is to say nothing and wait for the hole deal to die on its own. Coming out and talk about this will just basically trow fuel to the fire.

That's the thing though, I think they're gonna be man-children about this and not do the logical thing by staying quiet about it.

Yagharek

Keighley has outdone himself.

He should be known for this now instead of the dorito stuff a few years ago.

Great, classy and respectful remarks.

Damn. Keighly with that real talk. Earned respect from me tonight for calling out Konami for the Demon Factory they've become. I mean really, whoever at Konami decided to stop Kojima from accepting his award is a five star piece of shit. Keighly didn't have to do that, and he took some professional risk in doing so. Kudos to him.

Geoff confirming that Kojima is still in Tokyo also means that they blocked him from attending the Playstation Awards to accept those. People were speculating that he didn't attend that because he was going to be at The Game Awards.

Top Bottom