• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Keighley: Konami lawyers holding Kojima hostage; audience loudly boos. Inconceivable.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Believe that he's on to better things and not just running his contract out. His name will always be attached to the series regardless of whatever happens.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Good. Why should this guy get all the credit? Did he make the game himself? The award should be given to the studio and not just Hideo. Good on Konami.

Ploid 3.0

What the heck Konami, he wasn't even able to go to the Playstation awards in Japan? They just want everyone to hate them now.

CVWpZzJWwAEUgMu.jpg

schaft0620

So I'm supposed to believe that Kojima can't be there because Konami doesn't make video games anymore but, Keifer and Quite can be?

What the hell, seriously?

Fuck you, Konami. It's a real pity you once made some of my favorite games. Now every time I play them, I'll be reminded of what a shitty company you really are.

Foffy

Banned
So I'm supposed to believe that Kojima can't be there because Konami doesn't make video games anymore but, Keifer and quite can be?

Kojima wasn't at the Sony event earlier this week, but some senior citizen was.

This is the same company that bans emails and makes developers do janitor work...

People like to make fun of Keighley, and I get the whole Dorritos Pope thing, but all in all he actually seems to really care about the industry. This was a total class move and shame on Konami.

Thanks Geoff. Well done.

Good. Why should this guy get all the credit? Did he make the game himself? The award should be given to the studio and not just Hideo. Good on Konami.

When uncharted wins an award, should the president of Naughty Dog accept the award, or should Nathan Drake's voice actor? Perhaps a PR representative from Sony's publishing group?

... That's what I thought.

213372bu

Banned
Work a man out on a franchise and limit him to do nothing else despite his wishes.

Cancel a project with someone he wanted to collaborate with and finally branch into something new.

Fuck him over and just fire him off.

Bar Kojima from going to any events or making any word on his current situation.

Treat employees like shit under the worst conditions and turn the office place into a ghost town over night.

Top it all off with a Big Boss pachinko machine for good measure.

Fucking Konami is the worst.

Please tell me your trolling.

Because if you aren't, you are aware the people who also worked on the game Konji Pro, have essentially been humilated, given horrible working conditions, and there studio disbanded? All done by Konami

Fdkn

I really wanted to believe it was a ruse because Konami was acknowleding the awards the whole time on Twitter but this is really crappy. They can't go lower than this.

another sad thing is that just a few minutes later Jade Raymond was attacking Kojima for the Hayter thing, that was rude and unnecesary imho.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
So I'm supposed to believe that Kojima can't be there because Konami doesn't make video games anymore but, Keifer and Quite can be?
Yep, Geoff just lied to us about something very serious. Makes perfect sense.

VariantX

Please stop destroying Konami please, without them I will never get Suikoden VI

The only suikoden you're gonna get from today's konami is on your smartphone and I don't know whether you want that or not given the realities of the mobile market right now.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I highly doubt konami gives a fuck what the western game market thinks. Don't forget they did remove themselves from the u.s. stock market

foxtrot3d

Banned
Work a man out on a franchise and limit him to do nothing else despite his wishes.

Cancel a project with someone he wanted to collaborate with and finally branch into something new.

Fuck him over and just fire him off.

Bar Kojima from going to any events or making any word on his current situation.

Treat employees like shit under the worst conditions and turn the office place into a ghost town over night.

Top it all off with a Big Boss pachinko machine for good measure.

Fucking Konami is the worst.

What are you talking about, Konami is the best company every the reason Kojima couldn't make it is because they gave him an extra long vacation for all his hard work.

I am increasingly led to believe that Kojima slept with the partners of every single executive and director at Konami. Nothing else makes sense.

yuraya

I don't know about you guys but all this still seems like a ruse to me. It seems like Konami are the Patriots and Kojima is Big Boss. its like they are smearing his name or something. Its not right. Its reminding me of something but I can't put my finger on it.

Top Bottom