• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KFC goes to Kenya; first U.S. fast-food chain in E. Africa

Status
Not open for further replies.

bengraven

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
At least one advantage is they tend to operate in with uniform standards of quality in material and cooking processes. I've actually heard that said as a reason why some in lower income areas prefer McDonalds to say a local restaurant. With one you have a pretty good idea of what you're getting and how you'll get it, the other not so much.

Pretty much. A local restaurant has an incident of sanitation and it's destroyed by fines and bad word of mouth. A franchise has an incident and it hurts sales numbers - something that fast food franchise doesn't want to happen, so they stay smarter.

sasimirobot

I have to agree. Chinese love them some KFC. shit is always packed, you have to wait for seats at every single one. Watermelon is HUGE here also, just wish they would chill the fuckers...

Medalion

Banned
Yo, there lotta black people in Afrika?

Send em one of our most well-known fried chicken franchises, this could never be misinterpreted!

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
i now have this irrational craving for KFC. i could literally get out of my bed at 1:30am, go for a walk and buy KFC somewhere... that's how much i want it.

bengraven said:
Pretty much. A local restaurant has an incident of sanitation and it's destroyed by fines and bad word of mouth. A franchise has an incident and it hurts sales numbers - something that fast food franchise doesn't want to happen, so they stay smarter.

Yeah, it's a weird somewhat functional example of the marketplace fixing things on its own (not without people being sick first of course) lol

YoungHav said:
because heart disease is what the African continent needs at this point in time.

This is exactly what I was thinking, on top of everything else going on over there...might as well throw heart disease on the pile.

bengraven

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
Yeah, it's a weird somewhat functional example of the marketplace fixing things on its own (not without people being sick first of course) lol

haha true.

mikeybwright said:
This is exactly what I was thinking, on top of everything else going on over there...might as well throw heart disease on the pile.

I don't think Africans would have a problem getting a bit fat.

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/99/99geat.phtml

KFC investors worked with a Kenyan chicken supplier for more than a year to bring it up to the quality control standards demanded by KFC's parent company, Yum Brands (YUM), based in Louisville, Ky.

Wow, standards in Kenya must have been pretty damn low then- ba-dum tish!

But yeah, companies like KFC will certainly aid in the modernization and economic growth of African countries with some semblance of a middle-class and relatively stable government, as is the case with Kenya.

Something Wicked said:
Wow, standards in Kenya must have been pretty damn low then- ba-dum tish!

But yeah, companies like KFC will certainly aid in the modernization and economic growth of African countries with some semblance of a middle-class and relatively stable government, as is the case with Kenya.

I've had fried chicken in Kenya and Tanzania several times and I thought it was pretty damn good. Better than KFC if you ask me.

Jobiensis

Chicken is absolutely delicious, if there was a God, he should smite anyone that would defile such wonderful meat by frying it. Rotisserie chicken is by far the best. If you want to bread and fry something, use gross foods like conch, zucchini or grasshoppers.

Watermelon is like eating styrofoam soaked in sticky water.

bengraven

Jobiensis said:
Chicken is absolutely delicious, if there was a God, he should smite anyone that would defile such wonderful meat by frying it. Rotisserie chicken is by far the best. If you want to bread and fry something, use gross foods like conch, zucchini or grasshoppers.

Watermelon is like eating styrofoam soaked in sticky water.

To your first part: fuck that. I used to be able to broast a chicken that was good you ate it by tilting your head back and holding it above your mouth, for fear of losing any juice or oil that might drip onto your plate.

To your second part: true that.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Probably already said, but Chinese/Korean/Taiwanese motherfuckers love them some fried chicken and watermelon.

My dad must be the only motherfucker on the planet that doesn't like chicken. Me myself personally I would travel back in time and give the dude who invented fried chicken a blowjob. I'm hella drunk right now but shit son, I'd do it. Fried chicken is fucking awesome. Best food on the fucking planet.

Mr. Sam

industrian said:
Probably already said, but Chinese/Korean/Taiwanese motherfuckers love them some fried chicken and watermelon.

My dad must be the only motherfucker on the planet that doesn't like chicken. Me myself personally I would travel back in time and give the dude who invented fried chicken a blowjob. I'm hella drunk right now but shit son, I'd do it. Fried chicken is fucking awesome. Best food on the fucking planet.

If I were to tell that you that it was me that invented fried chicken...?

harSon

Banned
MrHicks said:
won't most kenyans be able to afford this?

Africa's not a giant wasteland of impoverished skeletons you know... I've been to Nairobi, enough people there can afford KFC. Trust me.

Persona7 said:
Is churches any good?

KFC has good crispy chicken strips but popeyes chicken strips are way better.

As others have commented, their original recipe chicken is the most bland tasting of the MEGA THREE, but!...their spicy chicken is pretty damn good; definitely more moist and tender than KFC and Popeye's.

YoungHav

Banned
Veidt said:
The most plausible explanation for the emergence of the immunodeficiency virus in humans seems to be (hardly surprising) humans eating monkeys and other primates in west africa. The frequency of the different strains appearing even the in different west african populations, seems to be an indicator.
This doesn't make sense to me. If this were indeed the case then AIDS would be about a million years old right? The earth would be dead by now. People didn't just start eating monkeys last century if anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom