• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kickstarter Thread | List of gaming kickstarts

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

Just a reminder:

iQv5W8KKQeR60.png

Posting in this format would really help the thread:

- Title of the Kickstarter project with link
- Deadline and target
- Short paragraph about the game (you can just copy the first few lines off the kickstart page)
- any pic's/video's would be nice

Example:

Auditorium 2: Duet

Target: $60,000
Deadline: Apr 1

Auditorium 2: Duet is a sequel to the amazing Auditorium. Duet has cooperative mode added to it. It also uses Steam to it's fullest, taking advantage of their matchmaking, multiplayer, leaderboard, and achievements framework; and has Mac and PC support.

scy

The problem is he's a college undergrad in games design. most likely he's using friends from his course as well to help program, if we ever see the project it's going to very late on arrival and probably underwhelming.

Although I do want to be proven wrong.

I'd love to be wrong too but all signs really point to "prepare to be underwhelmed" for the project. Plus, it comes across kind of pretentious and makes me wonder what kind of understanding they actually have of the genre.

Hell, if the poster is actually a decent quality, I actually like the look of the wallpaper sample art :x

Edit: I just noticed that one of the rewards is to provide the voice work for your character (provided you have a mic). Oh dear...

Isn't the Kickstarter only for the physical release, and the digital version that you would need to play on Vita will be released even if the Kickstarter fails?

Basically. The Kickstarter is to get swag released (oh and to improve the localization but mostly the swag).

I remember one of my friends telling me about his first day of game design. One kid asked:

"Will I be able to make a Resident Evil game?"

Edit: I just noticed that one of the rewards is to provide the voice work for your character (provided you have a mic). Oh dear...

Suddenly tempted.

DiscoJer

Hmmm, let me add a little more about Malevolence

Malevolence: The Sword of Ahkranox is not like other games out today, for the following reasons:

* The game world is infinite
* This infinite world is also persistent (you can re-visit every place you've been)
* The game, while first person, is also turn-based
* While using modern graphics, it has a grid-based movement system like Wizardry, Eye of the Beholder or Might & Magic
* All items, weapons, dialogue, locations, spells, dungeons, monsters, quests, etc are generated procedurally and there are an infinite number of them.
* You can keep playing forever and never run out of things to find

Essentially it's a procedurally generated version of Grimrock (or perhaps more like Wizardry or Might & Magic than Dungeon Master. Actually, I guess more like Dungeon Hack?), with both indoors and outdoors.

MalevolenceOutdoor3.jpg

MalevolenceScreenShot02.jpg

http://www.indiegogo.com/Malevolence

Basically they have everything in the game working, they just need more art and polish

Violet_0

Banned

only if I get to read my own lines

oh, and I thought this was supposed to be a classic SNES-style RPG!

Rootbeer

Banned
I'm not comfortable with how Minecraft-y that Yogventures! game looks. Still studying on rather i want to back it or not.

projects i have backed so far:
Mobile Frame Zero: Rapid Attack ($175 "THE MOBILE FRAME GARAGE" tier)
Valdis Story: Abyssal City ($10 tier)
The Banner Saga ($50 "crest" tier)
Wasteland 2 ($15)
Double Fine Adventure ($15)

I pledged to that College-Ruled Universe game earlier today without having checked out the demo. Just tried it and am very happy to have helped with that. Such a beautiful art style and it looks great in motion. Pretty fun game and I'm glad to help out with the game.

Sentenza

Hmmm, let me add a little more about Malevolence

Essentially it's a procedurally generated version of Grimrock (or perhaps more like Wizardry or Might & Magic than Dungeon Master. Actually, I guess more like Dungeon Hack?), with both indoors and outdoors.

MalevolenceOutdoor3.jpg

MalevolenceScreenShot02.jpg

http://www.indiegogo.com/Malevolence

Basically they have everything in the game working, they just need more art and polish
They also desperately need a new UI.
Interesting, by the way.

546943_257371854357245_204694769624954_547744_1895629579_n.jpg

Sira the game

Target: $4,000
Deadline: May 4

We’re in an elevator, and the team’s got a PITCH. You got 5 seconds?
Sira is a first-person puzzle game set during a solar apocalypse that revolves around avoiding sunlight while navigating in the shade.

iavi

I pledged to that College-Ruled Universe game earlier today without having checked out the demo. Just tried it and am very happy to have helped with that. Such a beautiful art style and it looks great in motion. Pretty fun game and I'm glad to help out with the game.

Yeah, it's an incredibly imaginative aesthetic. When I saw 'college-ruled' I did not at all expect that would be the end result.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
That Sira project sounds interesting, definitely giving it a shot for $1. Crazy cheap for a game.

Actually the game is free to play. I guess they kind of trick you by mentioning the fact you get the game with a $1 donation and then hide the free to play comment several paragraphs down in the description.

ravposter_medium.jpg

Ravaged

Target: $15,000
Deadline: May 20

The game is called Ravaged, a post-apocalyptic vehicular first-person shooter. Think Mad Max meets Battlefield where a group of resistance soldiers fight for humanity while scavengers look to control it all.

The game features over 30 vehicles and weapons, amazing post-apocalyptic maps and 10 classes to choose from.

A full copy of the game is $25.

Labadal

Tortured Hearts - or, How I Saved The Universe. Again.

Target: $300,000
Deadline: April 29

Tortured Hearts: Or, How I Saved the Universe. Again. is an epicly epic, satirical RPG, dedicated to the proposition that most RPGs take themselves far too seriously. Since almost every imaginable plot scenario and character has already been used and overused to the point that cliches are unavoidable, TH instead revels in pointing out that the life of adventurers is one endless heroic cliche, some sort of existential trap created by the gods of RPG worlds. In other word, it has everything every other RPG game ever had, and introspective humor too.

Kickstarter page:
Tortured Hearts - or, How I Saved The Universe. Again.

Tech Demo

(Personal note: The description summary is not very good. I recommend that you read all of the info on the kickstarter page if you're remotely interested in the game.)

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I think we should write some essential features of the games, I am absolutely sure that many people will only enter each Kickstarter project based on the name alone.

I was hoping we could write what each project offers if the goal is surpassed. For example:

• Vigrior: Maneuver Warfare
    • Game will become multiplatform (planned release: PS3, iOS, Android, Linux, and Mac)
    • Mod tools will be created.

Or take for example Shadowrun:

• Shadowrun Returns
    • A second main setting will be added.
    • Better music.
    • Better mod tools
    • Improvement on the main game.

SparkTR

Ravaged

The game is called Ravaged, a post-apocalyptic vehicular first-person shooter. Think Mad Max meets Battlefield where a group of resistance soldiers fight for humanity while scavengers look to control it all.

The game features over 30 vehicles and weapons, amazing post-apocalyptic maps and 10 classes to choose from.

Honestly, this is what unknown indies need to do for a successful Kickstarter, show actual gameplay. And it just so happens that it looks fantastic. Backed so damn hard, the more vehicular combat games the better.

Though it's worth noting the game is pretty much finished, they need the funding for polishing and marketing material, but they are asking for a small amount (15K)

EDIT: I was wrong, still a lot of development to do. It looks great this early though.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, here it goes, I'm gonna put it in quotes so it looks more organized, I'll be completing it throughout the day, so have patience!:

AJ7ma.png

City Conquest: Tower Defense Evolved

Target: $10,000

City Conquest is a game for HD-enabled mobile devices around the concept of tower defense, however with the depth of a RTS and without the hassle of micromanagement of units, leading to a fun and accessible game.

LD2ii.png

Class of Heroes II for the PSP system

Target: $500,000
Deadline: April 27

Class of Heroes II is a project for the localization of this JRPG, and not only this but it also features improvements such as better controls and save options.

zIXBc.png

Echoes of Eternia: A Modern Take on a Classic Design

Target: $10,000
Deadline: May 6

Echoes of Eternia is the 'revival' of the classic RPG design with great retro features like 32-bit graphics, puzzle solving and tactical battles.

XctSf.png

Watch me build a fighting game - EXPO FIGHTER

Target: $18,000
Deadline: May 31

Expo Fighter is a web browser game due to June 2013 whose creation will be livestreamed.

j7PW4.png

Jane Jensen's Pinkerton Road

Target: $300,000
Deadline: May 19

Pinkerton Road is the name of a new studio that will use the CSG (Community Supported Gaming) model, for the creation of at least one game during the following season. If the funding reaches $600,000, the studio will develop two games, and if it reaches $900,000, the studio will develop all three game concepts with the community choosing which game to develop first.

qJAqb.png

Make Leisure Suite Larry come Again!

Target: $500,000
Deadline: May 2

This Leisure Suit Larry game is the complete remasterization of the classic Sierra game, with complete graphics make-over, the option to play on mobile platforms and even full voice overs (with the return of Al Lowe).

pZU72.png

Malevolence: The Sword of Ahkranox

Target: $8,000
Deadline: April 15

Malevolence is a turn-based RPG in a first-person view that is set in a persistent infinite world that features procedurally generated items, enemies, locations and even quests.

bosbM.png

Nekro

Target: $100,000
Deadline: May 3

Nekro is a game where you control an evil creature that is fed on bloodsheds, in a randomly generated world with unique creature gameplay and random 'world-changing' events.

RbZQs.png

Ninja Warz

Target: $285,000
Deadline: May 2

Ninja Warz is a strategy game for mobile device such as iOS and Android done in 3D.

K6x9B.png

Ravaged

Ravaged is a post-apocalyptic vehicular first-person shooter. Think Mad Max meets Battlefield where a group of resistance soldiers fight for humanity while scavengers look to control it all. The game features over 30 vehicles and weapons, amazing post-apocalyptic maps and 10 classes to choose from. (Thanks to Bonfires Down for the Description!)

tdXPI.png

Ron Paul: Road to REVOLution

Target: $5,000
Deadline: May 1

The Road to REVOLution is a sidescrolling platformer action/adventure game, reminiscent of console classics like Super Mario Brothers and Sonic the Hedgehog. You play the role of Ron Paul and make your way across all 50 states collecting Gold (sound money) and Delegates. Developed in HTML5.

Xph9n.png

Shadowrun Returns

Target: $400,000

Created almost 25 years ago, the original Shadowrun remains one of the most original and cherished role-playing settings. The game world’s origin story mashes-up the dystopian Cyberpunk future of a Blade Runner with the high fantasy creatures and races of a Lords of the Rings in an organic way that produces iconic characters, environments, and situations.

FJaEC.png

Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective Adventure Mysteries

Target: $55,000
Deadline: April 28

This project consists of the remasters of classic Sherlock Holmes adventures. It revolves around using game "tools" where you choose who/what to investigate and where to direct Holmes and Watson to solve a mystery that appears to be stumping even Scotland Yard. Using some of these tools costs you "clue points." Your goal is to solve the case in the fewest number of clue points as possible.

sFTKM.png

Spriter

Target: $25,000
Deadline: April 28

Spriter is an animation tool for 2D characters and effects in a visual editor that can be easily ported to any engine without using much RAM or disk space. A beta is available for free download.

u9T5S.png

Starlight Inception

Target: $150,000
Deadline: May 8

Starlight Inception is a space combat experience for PC and the PlayStation Vita with modern elements of strategy and tactics. You assume the role of a young space fighter pilot assigned to the star carrier U.S.F. Independence, deploying to hotspots throughout the Solar System during World War IV. Gameplay consists of free-roaming space in first and third person view.

q2YnI.png

Team Notion - 2D beat 'em up for PC and Mac (Vita and Mobile)

Target: $3,000
Deadline: April 18

Team Notion a series about two children and a talking panda saving Vernon city from goons such as the Evil Nene, King Mike and others by becoming heroes by suiting up in futuristic body suits that grants the wearer special abilites such as super speed, energy manipulation, etc. The gameplay feels similar to the likes of Streets of Rage 2, Double Dragon and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

0OPfP.png

The Banner Saga

Target: $100,000
Deadline: April 20

The Banner Saga is a role-playing game merged with turn-based strategy, wrapped into an adventure mini-series about vikings.

Travel through stunning landscapes straight out of an animated film. Battle painstakingly hand-animated foes in strategic, turn-based combat harkening back to the classic "Tactics" days of gaming. Make decisions with consequences in conversations with people you'll truly care about.

4Q5yW.png

Vigrior: Maneuver Warfare

Target: $12,000
Deadline: May 5

Vigrior is a multi-platform real-time strategy game introducing a novel gameplay mechanic. Instead of fumbling over unorganized blobs of units, the player controls a synchronized squad of ships. This group acts as a cohesive unit; a Fleet. The ships follow maneuvers created by the player; we give players this edge with our studios fleet formation tool. The main programmer is a former US Marine Artilleryman.

fF8wh.png

Wasteland 2

Target: $900,000
Deadline: April 17

Wasteland 2 is the direct sequel to the first ever post-apocalyptic computer RPG. The original Wasteland was the inspiration for the FALLOUT series of games, and the first RPG to allow players to split parties for tactical considerations, to face players with moral choices, and to make them deal with the consequences of their actions.

LBVsq.png

Yogventures!

Target: $250,000
Deadline: May 6

Yogventures is going to be an open world sandbox game designed first and foremost as a multiplayer experience. The game will allow you to create and shape worlds, then easily share them and play with friends.

XROwV.png

Your World

Target: $1'100,000
Deadline: May 3

A MMORPG Game built by gamers, for gamers and funded by gamers. (OP Note: I honestly don't know what else to write about this game without being too specific, sorry)

w9akI.png

The Dead Linger

Target: $60,000

The Dead Linger is a first-person zombie survival sandbox in which you can venture into a vast, undead world, surviving and exploring in whatever way suits you best to build and fortify your hideout with friends.

Sorry if I'm missing some projects, I was only able to find logos for the current ones in the original post. Hope it helps!

Popchilla's World: A Game For Kids With Autism
Goal: $25,000
Deadline: April 30th

The CDC estimates that 1 in 88 children in the US has autism. Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) struggle with communication and basic social skills. Popchilla’s World is an iPad game designed to help these children practice daily routines and social interactions in a fun and playful way.

In the game, a friendly creature named “Popchilla” needs the child’s help to navigate the world and complete simple activities like brushing Popchilla’s teeth, making Popchilla’s bed, or saying hello. As the child completes these activities they are rewarded with in-game achievements and new activities to explore.

A special “Grownups View” allows parents, therapists and other caregivers to track the child’s progress, personalize the activities and get recommendations for new activities to try. In the future, caregivers will be able to make their own activities and share them with other parents, therapists, and families.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I updated my post on the Kickstarter games to have most of the projects that have been found by GAF. Hope the original poster puts them in the second post!

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
why not work with kickstarter to create a curated Neogaf page where all neogaf-approved projects are listed? There already is one for the IGDA though: http://www.kickstarter.com/pages/igda

Actually, that would be awesome! I hope someone organized (like the OP) does it. It would be excellent for keeping up with all these projects (which all deserve attention).

Kusagari

Leisure Suit Larry is the most interesting to me. It started off really well and has just died since then. It's going to struggle to make 500k.

Sulla1980

I wonder what the ceiling for this type of funding is. I imagine that we will find out soon, but it is interesting to imagine the possibilities.

I personally view Kickstarter as a type of pre-order system and although I have yet to kick in more than $30 for any game, I can see myself putting in the $50 - $60 for the right type of game.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
The girl doing the art for Echoes of Eternia is really good. It's a shame it's just an RPGMaker game though. I guess that's not necessarily that big of a deal as long as they're modifying it enough.

scy

The girl doing the art for Echoes of Eternia is really good. It's a shame it's just an RPGMaker game though. I guess that's not necessarily that big of a deal as long as they're modifying it enough.

Yeah. If the poster print is actually of decent quality, I'd actually support it just for that :x

ravposter_medium.jpg

Ravaged

And they said there'd be no more Battlefield mods.
Pledged.

Could do without the obnoxious tude though.

ravposter_medium.jpg

Ravaged

I was sold at the reveal that the desert you were driving in was the dried up ocean-bed of San Francisco bay.

The $1k, $2.5k, and 5k rewards for Ravaged are pretty sweet, as well.

Kickstarter is really changing what it means for fans to interact with the devs, and the game as a whole.

epmode

According to the Jane Jensen Kickstarter project, 90% of the projects that reach 30% get funded. Larry will probably be OK.

It would have done a lot better as a new game though. I wasn't all that generous seeing as how it's just a remake.

pw_logo1.png

Popchilla's World

Target $25,000
End: April 30th

"The CDC estimates that 1 in 88 children in the US has autism. Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) struggle with communication and basic social skills. Popchilla’s World is an iPad game designed to help these children practice daily routines and social interactions in a fun and playful way.

In the game, a friendly creature named “Popchilla” needs the child’s help to navigate the world and complete simple activities like brushing Popchilla’s teeth, making Popchilla’s bed, or saying hello. As the child completes these activities they are rewarded with in-game achievements and new activities to explore."

PWgamescreenshots.jpg

I know it's not the normal thing that we support, but as the parent of a child with ASD, I have seen the incredible results these kinds of games can achieve. I was hoping a few of you might be willing to support it with a couple of dollars. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom