• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kickstarter Thread | List of gaming kickstarts

Status
Not open for further replies.
pw_logo1.png

Popchilla's World

Target $25,000
End: April 30th

"The CDC estimates that 1 in 88 children in the US has autism. Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) struggle with communication and basic social skills. Popchilla’s World is an iPad game designed to help these children practice daily routines and social interactions in a fun and playful way.

In the game, a friendly creature named “Popchilla” needs the child’s help to navigate the world and complete simple activities like brushing Popchilla’s teeth, making Popchilla’s bed, or saying hello. As the child completes these activities they are rewarded with in-game achievements and new activities to explore."

PWgamescreenshots.jpg

I know it's not the normal thing that we support, but as the parent of a child with ASD, I have seen the incredible results these kinds of games can achieve. I was hoping a few of you might be willing to support it with a couple of dollars. :)

There's only room in this thread for one person to feel good about linking to a game that helps kids with nerological disorders, mister.

On a serious note, why wouldn't we support this?

There's only room in this thread for one person to feel good about linking to a game that helps kids with nerological disorders, mister.

Ha! Well, as it isn't really a game aimed at our age groups, I was hesitant to post it here. :)

The $1k, $2.5k, and 5k rewards for Ravaged are pretty sweet, as well.

Kickstarter is really changing what it means for fans to interact with the devs, and the game as a whole.

It's changing alot of industries. The board game business has already been dramatically changed, as well as local non-profit efforts ( apiaries, community gardens, etc) It's an amazing thing!

That sort of depresses me. It might not make it. :\

To be honest, me too.... I really hope Larry gets a big push in the last couple of days. I'd hate to see this one fall through the cracks. I was a bit on the fence with this one being a remake, but I still want to see the classic Larry continue on.

Also, I am incredibly intrigued by the Pinkerton Road project too. That's another one I hope succeeds.

MRORANGE

Ha! Well, as it isn't really a game aimed at our age groups, I was hesitant to post it here. :)

It's gaming related so it's fine :) my brother actually does suffer from autism, so this is a great idea (granted this game won't help him at all) I hope the app is priced appropriately though for other people looking after children with autism.

I will add all the projects on the last page soon.

I told myself that I would only pledge $1 to stuff because I went over my limit already this month. But I don't want my Autistic Brethren to go hungry! Oh, morality!

Aselith

Metalcell 2: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/slowkid/metacell-2-beyond-the-gate?ref=card
Goal: $69,000
Deadline: April 13th

A bullethell shooter with trippy visuals.

(Deadline is in three days. Info page is barren. They say they will use funding to work on a different project if they hit $200k. Perfect example of how NOT to do a Kickstarter campaign. Girl is hot, though)

Just pledged $69 dollars to show my support for hot girls!

I would have backed that Malevolance game but I don't want to make another account. I'll buy it when it comes out though!

Hard Contact: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jvgames/hard-contact?ref=card
Goal: $100,000
Deadline: May 3rd
A sports game where you try to score whilst being shot at by things.

The next one, I had to be sure it was not a fake or a troll... but it looks like there has been quite a bit done... which I'm sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing...

Island Visitors: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/willieshi/island-visitors?ref=card
Goal: $499,999
Deadline: June 3rd
You apparently fight monsters on an island, and import your own face on to the main character.

What's GAF's opinion of Starlight Inception? I'm disappointed to see that it's not doing well. There was some discussion of it in the thread on Sidhe's cancelled space shooter last week, but I can't find that thread in search.

Aselith

What's GAF's opinion of Starlight Inception? I'm disappointed to see that it's not doing well. There was some discussion of it in the thread on Sidhe's cancelled space shooter last week, but I can't find that thread in search.

It may not go way over its goal but I think it will at least reach its funding goal. Seems like it's pretty cool. I went ahead and threw in $30 even though I'm not sure about it. 150k seems low end for what they're trying to do but I love a space sim so I'll give them a chance.

I'm not sure how much press it's getting but hopefully if they get some nice writeups it'll get going a bit.

I think what really hurt them was announcing Day 1 DLC with the project. They since rescinded that and promised to never, ever do Day 1 DLC but I think the damage is done somewhat.

They don't have the fire under them that some of these games do but they also don't have the name recognition.

I think if you are really into the space sims, it's worth putting in $30 to see what they come up with and you get all of the DLC they make (however much that is.)

I donated for it - I dont think you'll see many space shooters of that style on Vita, so it's worth a shot regardless of the messy tier structure and DLC contraversy. A combination of good developer pedigree and, like the point click adventures, a genre which isnt too popular with publishers right now means I really hope it hits its target.

It may not go way over its goal but I think it will at least reach its funding goal. Seems like it's pretty cool. I went ahead and threw in $30 even though I'm not sure about it. 150k seems low end for what they're trying to do but I love a space sim so I'll give them a chance.

I'm not sure how much press it's getting but hopefully if they get some nice writeups it'll get going a bit.

I think what really hurt them was announcing Day 1 DLC with the project. They since rescinded that and promised to never, ever do Day 1 DLC but I think the damage is done somewhat.

They don't have the fire under them that some of these games do but they also don't have the name recognition.

I think if you are really into the space sims, it's worth putting in $30 to see what they come up with and you get all of the DLC they make (however much that is.)

I'm a big fan of the old space sims, so I've already contributed.

This project seems to be suffering Brian Fargo/Wasteland 2 syndrome. With the exception of this small story on Rock, Paper, Shotgun and a similar one on Shacknews, Garry Gaber seems to only be giving interviews to small blogs.

I hadn't perceived the Day 1 DLC as doing much damage to the project. Looking through the comments, I now see some people are really upset by this. A comment from Garry says that it's two extra ships (that seem to have been cut) and a cut campaign mission that wasn't important to the story. I'm shocked to see some of the people throwing around words like evil.

I'm just concerned. They have 28 days left and they're only at $24,000.

I donated for it - I dont think you'll see many space shooters of that style on Vita, so it's worth a shot regardless of the messy tier structure and DLC contraversy. A combination of good developer pedigree and, like the point click adventures, a genre which isnt too popular with publishers right now means I really hope it hits its target.

Me too.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
The video for that was nice, the guy did a good job selling it, but their prototype video wasn't exactly impressive. It looks like bad mid-90s CG (and it's funny since they show it as he mentions realistic/impressive graphics). I haven't put anything in for that one, but I'll probably cave on it by the time it's over.

The video for that was nice, the guy did a good job selling it, but their prototype video wasn't exactly impressive. It looks like bad mid-90s CG (and it's funny since they show it as he mentions realistic/impressive graphics). I haven't put anything in for that one, but I'll probably cave on it by the time it's over.

Also true. I'm assuming Garry is trying to show off his concept, even if it's an early prototype, since Wasteland 2 caught so much flak for it.

Here's a site that shows averages and projections for every KS campaign.

KICKTRAQ

Interesting site:

Wasteland 2

Backers: 47795
Funding: $2,267,699 of $900,000 (251% funded)
Projected Total: $2,834,624 (314% funded)
Average daily pledges: $80,989

Not bad at all. Tracking at nearly 3million.

Shadowrun Returns

Backers: 18301
Funding: $792,512 of $400,000 (198% funded)
Projected Total: $3,302,133 (825% funded)
Average daily pledges: $132,085

This one is tracking amazingly well for a project that isn't getting a large amount of media attention! It could end up being the second highest Kickstarter behind the Doublefine one, if it continues at this rate. Also, this one started as a 24 day Kickstarter! It's moving quickly.

Jane Jensen's Pinkerton Road 2012-2013 CSG

Backers: 1736
Funding: $123,244 of $300,000 (41% funded)
Projected Total: $792,283 (264% funded)
Average daily pledges: $17,606

I'm a bit disappointed that this one isn't tracking better, but at least it might hit and surpass it's target.

Leisure Suit Larry

Backers: 6404
Funding: $267,618 of $500,000 (53% funded)
Projected Total: $892,060 (178% funded)
Average daily pledges: $29,735

It's nice to see that LSL is tracking well enough to hit it's target, but it is not doing too great either.

Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective Adventure Mysteries

Backers: 396
Funding: $11,475 of $55,000 (20% funded)
Projected Total: $19,419 (35% funded)
Average daily pledges: $441

Ouch.... kinda feel bad for this project not hitting its target, even though I don't have a strong interest in it.

Here's a site that shows averages and projections for every KS campaign.

KICKTRAQ

Y U make my Kickstarter spreadsheet obsolete?

It doesn't take PayPal into the total, though.

Your World
Backers: 77
Funding: $20,986 of $1,100,000 (1% funded)
Projected Total: $36,906 (3% funded)
Average daily pledges: $724
time left: 22 days, 14 hours, 35 minutes

Island Visitors
Backers: 2
Funding: $80 of $499,999 (0% funded)
Projected Total: $4,400 (0% funded)
Average daily pledges: $80
time left: 54 days, 7 hours, 40 minutes

Hard Contact
Backers: 10
Funding: $626 of $100,000 (0% funded)
Projected Total: $2,426 (2% funded)
Average daily pledges: $78
time left: 23 days, 2 hours, 53 minutes

Delaware St. John
Backers: 56
Funding: $2,139 of $280,200 (0% funded)
Projected Total: $8,200 (2% funded)
Average daily pledges: $178
time left: 33 days, 23 hours, 52 minutes

Yogventures!
Backers: 3693
Funding: $157,278 of $250,000 (62% funded)
Projected Total: $975,124 (390% funded)
Average daily pledges: $31,456
time left: 25 days, 20 hours, 4 minutes

Nekro
Backers: 410
Funding: $10,915 of $100,000 (10% funded)
Projected Total: $46,779 (46% funded)
Average daily pledges: $1,559
time left: 23 days, 4 hours, 40 minutes

Starlight Inception
Backers: 723
Funding: $24,757 of $150,000 (16% funded)
Projected Total: $111,407 (74% funded)
Average daily pledges: $3,095
time left: 28 days, 4 hours, 27 minutes

New entry:

jbrJcX0sdgBMHA.png

Republique
Neogaf Thread
Target: $500,000
Deadline: May 11

Developed by industry veterans behind AAA games like Metal Gear Solid, Halo, F.E.A.R., Kinect, and cutting edge videos like the Skyrim television spot and the iconic iPod “silhouette” ads, République represents a strategic alliance between Camouflaj and Logan to make an epic action game designed specifically for touch-based devices.

jbgrUlncRrvtpb_e.jpg

I want to believe, particularly in connection with Pinkerton Road. But I just don't think the trend really matches up to the reality.

There's still 38 days to go, so I would imagine that it would surpass it's goal. But I am a bit skeptical of it hitting 800,000 dollars. It would be nice if I was proven wrong though.

That's noteworthy in itself.

Totally! Jordan Weisman really underestimated peoples love for Shadowrun.

Kusagari

Pinkerton Road will definitely make 300k, it's been remarkably steady the entire time it has been up. I don't think it comes near 800k though.

ArjanN

It doesn't take PayPal into the total, though.

It's seems like it's just a linear projection, which seems pretty terrible for the way kickstarter works because for most of the projects the money seems to come in at the start and the end.

This one is tracking amazingly well for a project that isn't getting a large amount of media attention! It could end up being the second highest Kickstarter behind the Doublefine one, if it continues at this rate. Also, this one started as a 24 day Kickstarter! It's moving quickly.
It should be noted that KT builds its projection on the average and it doesn't track the inevitable slowdowns. Shadowrun had an impressive start, so the average is very high. It's doing great, but those 3M are still pretty far away.

Oops! Sorry!

DiscoJer

It should be noted that KT builds its projection on the average and it doesn't track the inevitable slowdowns. Shadowrun had an impressive start, so the average is very high. It's doing great, but those 3M are still pretty far away.

Yeah, it's doing about 40k a day now...so I think $2 million seems more likely unless there are some surprise announcements.

ZoddGutts

You can move College Ruled Universe to Funded Projects since it has ended and also met it's goal. Echoes of Eternia has also met it's goal.

Starting to feel a bit bad about Starlight Inception. Might chip in with $15 there.

Jane Jensen's Pinkerton Road 2012-2013 CSG

I'm a bit disappointed that this one isn't tracking better, but at least it might hit and surpass it's target.

It will probably trend a bit better once the voting is done and they have picked one game. I hope RPS will write something about it then also.

You can move College Ruled Universe to Funded Projects since it has ended and also met it's goal. Echoes of Eternia has also met it's goal.
On that note, Spriter has as well.

Looks awesome, too. Kinda want to mess with that; animation was never my strong suit, so every little bit'd help.

Here comes a new challenger!
photo-full.jpg

Gravitaz

Goal: $25,000
End Date: May 10

GRAVITAZ. A high-speed game of combat racing. Pilots fly jet-propelled hover vehicles (known as “Spinners”), hoping for fame and glory on the bleeding-edge, rough-and-tumble tracks of the world’s first antigrav racing league. Coming to PC/Mac/Linux downloadable marketplaces (and iPhone/iPad, depending on funding level).

I'm not sure how I feel about the name, but it seems to have the proper pieces in place to get the game actually made, and is a style of racer that has been sadly lacking from the PC space.

Labadal

Match and Magic

Match and Magic is a puzzle role playing game. You will fight creatures with unique abilities, gain powerful spells and items, and complete challenging quests on your journey. You can use your special powers to control the direction that the gems fall in this match-3 game, which will be key in your survival and ability to complete several quests at once. This game will be released on PC and iPad.

Goal: $15.000
Ends: May 10

ajay42

Neo Member
i don't suppose there's room for non-gaming Kickstarters in this thread or that someone who can could make a parallel thread on the off topic board?

edit: wait, found the off topic one! nevermind

ZoddGutts

They seem to be focusing more of the adventure aspect and mention they want to have good combat for it, so I don't mind if it's an improved Minecraft clone. Had more fun playing Terraria beacuse of it's fun gameplay, something that I feel Minecraft lacks...

PaulLFC

Here comes a new challenger!

I'm not sure how I feel about the name, but it seems to have the proper pieces in place to get the game actually made, and is a style of racer that has been sadly lacking from the PC space.
Thinking of pledging to this because I like Wipeout but I'm not sure if it'll hit its funding target. Hopefully it does.

Edit: Unrelated, but I'm in the UK and donated to Wasteland using my card (logged into Amazon using my Amazon UK details and it picked up my card details fine). This is okay right? I ask because I was just checking the Shadowrun page and they recommend Paypal for donations from outside the US - I assume donating via Amazon payment using an international card is still acceptable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom