• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Freaks From Outerspace Wii U - CG Trailer, weewoo EARLY FRIGGIN' SCREENS weewo

AceBandage said:
It's about a drunken bunch of Brits that fight evil space Rabbids.
It's full on in your face campy.

Do they swear at you in piglatin????

And charge you with caps with modified propellers on them and wear bowties of your likeness???

Yeah, cool, I am hoping this game is funny as fuck.

Controls sound... odd, and not in a way that will benefit this game's sales. If it weren't by Ubisoft Montpellier, I'd dismiss it as the Wii U equivalent of the original Red Steel, but since it is, I'll give the team the benefit of the doubt.

Busaiku

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Do they swear at you in piglatin????

And charge you with caps with modified propellers on them and wear bowties of your likeness???

Yeah, cool, I am hoping this game is funny as fuck.
They spank each other.

Alex

Looks like one of many random C-list corridor shooters from the past five years. Probably not a good way to debut your product.

perfectnight said:
fucking lol

honestly I LIKE the idea but I am not sure if Ubi can pull this off.

Well it's Ubisoft Montpellier and they're by far my favorite studio in this company so I'm optimistic, the name's giving me a b-movie vibe too.

I hope it's good but it could go either way really. Sounds different at least.

Pocks

I'm interested. Considering the studio developing, this could turn out to be a killer co-op game. The style has potential as well..

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Krowley said:
I'm pretty sure Kotaku has some additional pics available... Also, they seem bigger

http://kotaku.com/5810170/killer-freaks-from-outer-space-isnt-your-average-shooter

I would just post them, but i'm not sure about the hotlinking rules, and i'm not in a convenient place to upload them anywhere.

Some of these look nicer than the ones at the beginning of the thread

Those are a lot better. Why the hell wouldn't Ubi put those on their site?
Edit: Oh... artwork. Nvm.

Krowley said:
I'm pretty sure Kotaku has some additional pics available... Also, they seem bigger

http://kotaku.com/5810170/killer-freaks-from-outer-space-isnt-your-average-shooter

I would just post them, but i'm not sure about the hotlinking rules, and i'm not in a convenient place to upload them anywhere.

Digging the art.

Bisnic said:
Er... these "pics" are just artwork.

There's also larger versions of the screens.

Krowley

Bisnic said:
Er... these "pics" are just artwork.

LOL... Graphics are so good these days that i can't even tell the difference anymore.

If the final game looks closer to the art (and I bet it will) this will be a nice looking game.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
beast786 said:
Nintendo 1st party is what will define the launch and its standard.
The launch, maybe, what the system can do, not necessarily. Current 3DS games by Nintendo sure don't show off the platform's power considering what Capcom is doing with it.

Nintendo just doesn't have the know how for this type of development yet. Well, at least they aren't showing they have it, maybe in development projects push it further.

Krowley said:

bQww7.jpg

G6D3m.jpg

5xfbC.jpg

RZ69e.jpg

Something looks wrong with the last screen, like the aliens are a different resolution than the rest of the screen and were comped in.

Krowley

The art gives the impression that they're going for a pretty massive scale to things.. Huge monsters to fight and all that stuff.

Instro

EmCeeGramr said:
Something looks wrong with the last screen, like the aliens are a different resolution than the rest of the screen and were comped in.

Last screen probably isnt the same resolution as the others maybe. Also looks like Kotaku just blew up the screens themselves.

I really like the 2 on top though, cant wait to see what this game looks like come next near.

J-Rock

Banned
EmCeeGramr said:

They almost look shop'd in. Weird looking.

Terrell

I like the people who are saying "this concept is stupid/gimmicky, etc."

I flash back to the time when a game like Zombies Ate My Neighbors would have come out and imagine applying the same comments to that game.

Ahhhh, I long for the days when people didn't take video games so god-damned seriously.

Kevtones

I like this concept. Ubi's sense of humor combined with intense B-Movie gore sounds pretty awesome.

I am ready to get my freak on.

Instro

Terrell said:

I flash back to the time when a game like Zombies Ate My Neighbors would have come out and imagine applying the same comments to that game.

Ahhhh, I long for the days when people didn't take video games so god-damned seriously.

Man I was in when I heard about mechs and jetpacks. The multiplayer mode sounds really cool as well.

Instro said:
Man I was in when I heard about mechs and jetpacks. The multiplayer mode sounds really cool as well.

Yeah, the little RTS aspect sounds fun.
And if it's fully online 4 player coop then it's perfect.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
The music on the site is pretty awesome actually. Much cooler than the game itself.

Mdk7

i dig the trailer and the art SOOOOOOOO much!
Yet I'm not feeling the Wii U at all (and i did try all the demos yesterday!), and i have the feeling this game will become the Killing Day of the Wii U.

freddy

Banned
Terrell said:

Yea, I was thinking the same earlier. It's one game out of hundreds that will come to the system.

It isn't a threat.

Margalis

Banned
EmCeeGramr said:

Look like a weird shader thing to me - lighting mismatch, maybe some errors in the normal/spec maps or shaders. Pretty much the sort of thing you'd expect at this point.

For the people saying it looks like a Wii game - check out pics of XCom for the 360. I'm pretty if those screenshots were posted in this thread people would claim it was a PS2 game.

deleted

fuzzyreactor said:
http://i.imgur.com/5xfbC.jpg /IMG]

looks about on par with current consoles.[/QUOTE]

I like the lightning in this shot and the darker one, but the geometry and texture detail could be better. All ok if we suggest its pre-Alpha though.

Also: Who fed my Rabbids after midnight again?

Is this game by Michel Ancel? Since it's Ubi Montpelier and all...
I am liking the main character and the trailer is pretty cool. May be one to watch.

Medalion said:
But not in a good way necessarily... swear half of the site is either in love with it, or really hate the damned thing

in other words... typical GAF-ness

I'm mostly just confused, but still a little optimistic. I like the things we know for sure which is that it will be in HD and the control is dual analog, comfortable (at least that's what my brother who went to E3 told me), and has a touch screen.

Everything else is just up in the air. That's why I'm limiting what I post, but I'm just so darn close to de-junior status.

Helzown

Alextended said:
I doubt it will look any better finished than it does now.

Yes, I'm sure it will look exactly the same when it's released.

The shadow of your intelligence is really well-defined in the light of your stupidity.

interesting that the freaks not only look like zombified rotten Raving Rabbits but also sound exactly like them.

I'm looking forward to the game

Top Bottom