• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Freaks From Outerspace Wii U - CG Trailer, weewoo EARLY FRIGGIN' SCREENS weewo

Heavy said:
What we need are some specs. That'll cure many of our concerns, including mine. Just basic specs for the GPU, RAM, bandwidth, etc., would do it. Did the first E3s for the 360 and PS3 have specs? I'm mainly a PC gamer so I really don't remember.

RAM is by far the most important spec we need to know.

All of the debate on NeoGAF about the Wii U's potential CPU, GPU, etc is all in service of trying to figure out how much RAM Nintendo will put in this thing. Devs have always said RAM (and of course a CPU and bandwidth that can back it up) is the most important spec to get right.

beast786

Why are people even using this as a standard for wii u?

The graphics of wii u are not going to be defined by this 3rd party title.

Equivalent would be to use Haze from Ubisoft as gold standard for PS3 power.

Nintendo 1st party is what will define the launch and its standard.

Medalion

Banned
There's not much to even go on on these released shots, a lot of it is in the dark, some lighted monster faces and brick walls...

Yeah... let's call this entire game shit

linkboy

This honestly looks like one of those bad 80s horror flicks that went straight to VHS and ended up at your local mom and pop rental shop.

jay

obonicus said:
Oh, sure, Ubisoft may not have the final kits. I was questioning that Nintendo hasn't finalized their hardware requirements at this point.

You may be right but the context was that this game looks shittier than it will because the developer is working on something that may not even be the final system.

KrawlMan

linkboy said:
This honestly looks like one of those bad 80s horror flicks that went straight to VHS and ended up at your local mom and pop rental shop.

Which is why the style is glorious.

Jangocube

Banned
Zoramon089 said:
Haha, is this a joke? I'm serious. Are you some sort of parody of a troll? BTW, here are your early Kameo screens. Best textures indeed.

He's a try-hard troll.

And of course this game isn't going to look amazing right now. People need to chill.

Alextended said:
Its a Ubi exclusive for an unreleased Nintendo platform, why expect an AAA project? I doubt it will look any better finished than it does now. Granted we don't know much about it, the giant boss screen could hint to some good shit, but from all we know it sounds like a quick small scale project to me. It could have been an XBLA FPS port, lol.

Of course, pointer rocks. Journalists should have asked if you could play with Wiimote + nunchuck or Wiimote + tablet but only cared about CC...

Huh, there's not even shaders in play in any of those screens, lets not forget the larger memory pool. All I see is a very early game with flat textures, with some better than ok lighting.

Teknoman

Amir0x said:
guys this game is over a year out on hardware that nintendo hasn't even finalized on a platform that Ubisoft is just getting familiar with utilizing a controller that is new to the industry in terms of what it does

relax, it's not going to look this rough when it releases. I think it looks ugly too and conceptually sounds lame but I know this is NOT indicative of what the game will end up looking like

Thank you.

The game looks pretty solid for an early build and the marketing is actually pretty cool. The name turned me off, but I'm willing to check the game out as long as it continues to improve.
beast786 said:
So guys are shooters ok now?
Not until they start using pointers.

454613.jpg

beast786

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
I hope this isn't implying bias and double standards due to fanboys, Nintendo had some of the most popular and beloved FPSs exclusive to their systems in the past.

Shooters are always fine, moreso when they are fresh though.

We are in 2011. And they have lost that market.

Is that the core version of Raymand vs the Raving Rabbids ?

Haha, I hope they'll start a trend of casual games made core games.

ZombieZ, Carnival (of Doom) Games, Wii Sport U: Battle Royale, NintenHellHounds, etc.

Well, at least the lighting is ok.

But yeah, very early. And it'll probably still look pretty shit when it comes out, let's be honest.

• He is playing directly on the new Wii U controller screen using the gyro controls. Every movement he makes in real life is translated to the game.
• Looks like it may be tiring. "Spatial gameplay." Clearly this requires a decent amount of radial open space, sort of like with Kinect or the 3DS AR stuff.
• "More Immersion through controls."
• Accelerometer feature moves the character much faster if your movements indicate the need to do so automatically. This makes 180-degree turns much more reasonable.

Tilting a controller to move and shoot doesn't sound fun.

Medalion

Banned
Londa said:
Wii U has taken over gaf. XD
But not in a good way necessarily... swear half of the site is either in love with it, or really hate the damned thing

in other words... typical GAF-ness

beast786 said:
We are in 2011. And they have lost that market.

That doesn't mean there are no Nintendo fans that want to play those games.

If they couldn't sell these games, why would they make them???

Because there is SOME market for these types of games on the systems after all.

KrawlMan

AceBandage said:
Luckily, it has Dual Analog only controls.

I'm all for options. I just hate being confined to a particular experimental control scheme just cause the devs want to force it on us.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
so you will be turning around and shooting stuff all around you with the controller like in that pirate boat demo? Seems neat.

jay

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
That doesn't mean there are no Nintendo fans that want to play those games.

If fans aren't all exactly the same it becomes difficult to mock them with stereotypes and discuss things in black and white. You must see how this is a problem.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Kusagari said:
People are so intent on hating the Wii U that they're resorting to statements like this.

smh

The sad thing is, it will just continue until the system is launched and well after. GAF has some serious agenda against Nintendo apparently.

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
Tilting a controller to move and shoot doesn't sound fun.

It's pretty cool, actually. If you have a 3DS, it's like Face raiders.

Some PS Vita games use it too, like Gravity and Uncharted. And I believe a few iPhone 4/iPad 2 games use it; I want to say RAGE and that Gameloft Halo game...?

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
This, I just hope it's all out camp and not Resident Evil(love the games though) "camp".

The stupider the better in a too samey genre like this.

It's about a drunken bunch of Brits that fight evil space Rabbids.
It's full on in your face campy.

Top Bottom