• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

brettreyu

This game is AMAZING! I ran outside and picked up another controller from Argos the second I saw it running and proceeded to kick my big brother's butt (never happens on first-time fighters).

IMHO it shares so much similarity with Street Fighter it's amazing. Tickthrows, frame-traps, clean and guaranteed anti-airs...

I would make a guide for this game (like I did with Ibuki in SF4) but I think the Dojo pretty much teaches you everything you need to know.

Online is pretty easy atm, I need to rank up a bunch first, but I am loving the combo system and honestly so far I like this more than SF4. It doesn't have anything completely stupid.

Though I'm still a scrub at this, so anyone wants to play me hit me up, Perfect Izuna.

My thoughts exactly. Really want to get a stick in the house cause the controller isn't cutting it but besides that, A+ effort all the way around. Double Helix has arrived.

So, will my 360 Madcatz stick work with this? Trying to work out if i can afford this anytime soon as the prospect of buying new sticks yet again even though they are USB will put me off getting an XB1 anytime soon....

zainetor

Banned
BZzO521IUAABmpd.jpg

i havent seen this posted already. So I didi it.

derFeef

Teleport confirmed. Also those classic costumes are REALLY classic.
Anyone else thnk Spinal can deflect projectiles with his shield?
His stage looks bananas.

Izuna

Banned
My thoughts exactly. Really want to get a stick in the house cause the controller isn't cutting it but besides that, A+ effort all the way around. Double Helix has arrived.

Seriously if it weren't for this game I wouldn't see much point in the Xbox One atm.

Anyway I have a Hori Fighting Edge (Sako's stick) -- I am going to wait for a converter to come out to use it. I don't want to buy a new stick considering the Fighting Edge works on 360, PS3, PC and PS4...

Oh and it only works on PS3 because I got lagless converter for it. So pretty much anything to Xbox One is what I want right now.

What I am not doing this time is going to SRK for this game. I am going to keep my playing strictly to friends. Game is too good to be ruined by dumb stuff.

Gowans

I saw this in the Xbox launch thread, but is the Achievements page on the Xbox website perhaps a way to check on the number of players who have the game so far (thus a way to gauge the sales numbers)?

XboxOneAchievements.jpg
Where do I find this. Link?

Skab

Teleport confirmed. Also those classic costumes are REALLY classic.
Anyone else thnk Spinal can deflect projectiles with his shield?
His stage looks bananas.

I was thinking about what his Instinct mode could be. I wouldn't be surprised if he can use his shield to defect projectiles, kinda like Rose in SF, and his instinct is his using his shield to absorb hits that he had from past games but to a bigger degree.

Domstercool

This makes me sound dumb, but how to you use the unlocked music? Can't see to find a way to access it. On the shop menu where you spend KI, it doesn't say anything about playing it. Hmmm...

.la1n

Spinal + Stage look pretty great, maybe one of the best designs from DH besides Thunder. Interesting that Shadow Jago's instinct brings out what appears to be Gargos when activated as mentioned above, possible story involvement?

Jaeger

So the question is, is Shadow Jago Gargos himself, or rather is Shadow Jago a what if characters, possessed by Gargos? Ala Evil Ryu.

Like, what if Jago fell into Gargos' control at the end of KI2 kind of thing. Interesting. One thing KI will need to thrive in this new generation is a plot, even if it's a thin one. Info on KI1 and 2's plot is incredibly difficult to find, and that's a major problem I always had with them growing up.

zainetor

Banned
So the question is, is Shadow Jago Gargos himself, or rather is Shadow Jago a what if characters, possessed by Gargos? Ala Evil Ryu.

Like, what if Jago fell into Gargos' control at the end of KI2 kind of thing. Interesting. One thing KI will need to thrive in this new generation is a plot, even if it's a thin one. Info on KI1 and 2's plot is incredibly difficult to find, and that's a major problem I always had with them growing up.

they said he has his place in the story, so he's probably not a what if character but some sort of gargo's reincarnation or similar stuff.

AMUSIX

Loving the game....hoping Season 2 brings a HD remake of Arcade KI2...just because I want to actually experience all the different endings. Always loved that if Galacius' ship got damaged in the match, he wouldn't reach home, and not performing Fatalities on Orchid and Jago would give Fulgore's bad ending.

Purely window dressing, I know, but it was cool at the time.

Quick question, do the achievements unlock for the free downland version? I want to start playing now, but I need to run out and buy a points card for the full version (since I don't want to list my CC info on live).

bumpkin

Quick question, do the achievements unlock for the free downland version? I want to start playing now, but I need to run out and buy a points card for the full version (since I don't want to list my CC info on live).
I asked this question the other day and don't think I ever got an answer. I'm pretty sure I've done a bunch of things tied to achievements and not a one has unlocked; I've also yet to purchase any of the "packs". Not for lack of interest, mainly laziness and wanting to get a grip on playing as Jago a bit -- and the mechanics -- before diving in.

Well, that and I want to be relatively confident my XB1 isn't going to die on me. The vocal minority has been out in force since IGN gave them a microphone.

Delt31

CLASSIC music questions.

apparently if you don't move when fighting the classic music will start. I can't confirm as I don't have two controllers but does anyone know if the classic music works when fighting b/c I hope it's not just limited to both not moving. Seems like a waste.

Also - seems like they went with KI2 orchid for classic costumes. Thought they would go KI1 but it looks great.

Bayonettasbuddy

Neo Member
I've got a problem where if me and a mate sign in on one console, only one of us gets achievements. It's weird, the player card ( which has the gamer tag and level) isn't onscreen for one of us before and after fights, but the name at the top is still ours. Anyone know if you can fix this, can see during the streams that two players are signed in and playing at the same time, while their data is loaded. Any ideas?

sangreal

I asked this question the other day and don't think I ever got an answer. I'm pretty sure I've done a bunch of things tied to achievements and not a one has unlocked; I've also yet to purchase any of the "packs". Not for lack of interest, mainly laziness and wanting to get a grip on playing as Jago a bit -- and the mechanics -- before diving in.

Well, that and I want to be relatively confident my XB1 isn't going to die on me. The vocal minority has been out in force since IGN gave them a microphone.

You have to buy at least a character before you can earn achievements. It talks about it in the big message when you first launch the game

I wasn't sure before but now im 100%
why did they make orchid white?
even jago doesn't look fully Asian
do they not know how to make somebody not look white?

Skab

Rage quitter are getting more present as levels go up lol

anyway lil bit of sel brag since this is the only fighting game where i think i am actually decent at lol

1456607_10202495368369424_986106091_n.jpg

will try to hit 50 if i can

Glacius is OP confirmed

Here's my first upload anyway

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?res...07&authkey=!AFLrGB2MW4d_Z38&ithint=video,.mp4

<3

Max with that 95% win rate

I wasn't sure before but now im 100%
why did they make orchid white?
even jago doesn't look fully Asian
do they not know how to make somebody not look white?

Because she looked so Asian in the last two, right?

Dai101

Banned
is our best choice really the MadCatz TE stick coming out in Dec 13?

seems so far away and my hands are cramping :(

best choice? sadly it's the only choice at retail

apparently you can gut a standard X1 controller and use the PCB for a custom stick though

Hmmm...might have to do this with a fightpad.

Check this thread, is so helpful:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/8537152#Comment_8537152

Also this post shows the PCB and solder points:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/8536207/#Comment_8536207

Eoin

Every time i do a match i seem incapable of doing the inputs properly. Get over excited and just start flailing around, lol.

DrDogg

I saw some people on SRK and DH forums post about picking theirs up at GameStop retail stores. Now sure how they are allocating them out but I hope you are able to find one sooner rather than later.

Yeah, it *looks* like GameStop started shipping out on Saturday, which is why the Texas stores got theirs. As far as I can tell, it doesn't seem to be widespread outside of Texas. Hopefully next week... I can't play this game on pad. Not having a stick at launch is probably going to make me pass on NEC.

Something concerning here. Could you all check your achievements? Specifically the one where you need 2000 matches to unlock? I've been playing a ton of matches both online and offline with Orchid and my total is at 0.

One thing I've noticed is that I can't get Sabrewulf's color 5. To unlock it you need 50 online matches with him. I have at least 100 but it isn't unlocked. Now, I've also been told my win percentage and character usage are glitched on the leaderboards, so it may be related to that, but... yeah.

The game definitely needs a patch (missing frame data), so hopefully that comes sooner rather than later.

Jaeger

It's good to see DH get this postive attention.

Speaking of which, any timeframe on the full Spinal and Fulgore reveal?

derFeef

Aw man I am barely winning matches, which is awesome but bad, need to get better to get out of the corner - I would do much better then.

Top Bottom