• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killing Floor 2 Early Access |OT| I Buy You. Birth sign: DOSH

spiritfox

Still playing here and there. The lack of classes and the fact that progress will be reset means that I don't want to play too much yet.

I'm hold off till more content comes through, I really like what is their currently in KF2 but I just don't want to burn myself out too early and get bored of the game before the new classes and maps come through.

Also, I am firebug till I die and the sooner they put that class back in, the better.

nilbog21

Banned
There are probably lots of people like me who don't play too much because stuff will get reset anyway. It's early access. I'm not gonna gorge on it.[/QUOT

I don't know, but i'm pretty sure they're going to keep people's levels. I think tghey just said be ready for a reset in case they needed to. They know people don't want to lose their stuff. this happened in SC2 a lot

I played a bunch when it first came out, but now I'm kind of waiting for sharpshooter and some some of the other content. I'm also a little hesitant to spend too much time on it before they wipe our progress because the grind takes a looong time in these games.

Kinsei

Banned
I don't know, but i'm pretty sure they're going to keep people's levels. I think tghey just said be ready for a reset in case they needed to. They know people don't want to lose their stuff. this happened in SC2 a lot

But there is some balancing stuff they should do for the current classes (mostly berserker). I think we'll be getting at least one reset before launch.

nilbog21

Banned
i'm surprised there aren't any more custom maps..

Dahouse is actually pretty good

and some other one is where one portion is in a courtyard in the middle of a burning city

spiritfox

http://tripwireinteractive.com/news/new-dev-update.aspx

WHAT WE ARE UP TO - 5/22/15

It’s been a busy 4 weeks since KILLING FLOOR 2 hit Steam Early Access. We've been paying close attention to your comments and digesting all of the great feedback and bug reporting that has been coming through to us via the forums and our social sites. Please keep it coming as it’s helping us prioritize and determine what we work on next!

We're in the midst of finalizing & testing a new patch now and we hope to get this released and into the wild within a matter of days. A couple of weeks ago we gave you a small glimpse of the new map (Volter Manor) that will be included in the patch. We look forward to hearing your thoughts on the new map (and seeing more of the great video content people have been creating). In addition to Volter Manor we also have a special surprise planned for those who already own KF1 and have been asking about some of the “classic voices” from the original Killing Floor… “I'm trying to heal you, not shag you!”

We’ve also heard from lots of you who really loved the Item Hunt & Achievements from Killing Floor so we’re pleased to report that they’ll be included in the patch for all the maps! There are also some other fixes in the patch that we’ve addressed based on the feedback we’ve been getting from you. More on those specifics when the update is live and we post the final change list.

We’re already at work on the second (and much larger) Early Access content update. We don’t have an exact release date for it yet but it's coming soon and we plan on sharing loads of information and visual goodies about it starting in the next couple of weeks. We’ve been monitoring your feedback and analyzing lots of quantitative game data and we’re digging into some of the existing systems and making changes and refinements (Melee, hit zones, perk tuning, UI, SDK support, etc… just to name a few). More new maps are coming as are new perks, so rest assured that there’s A LOT going on here at Tripwire HQ. We’re excited by the initial great reaction to Killing Floor 2 and we’re just getting started! Watch this space for LOTS of exciting news coming to you on a regular basis.

Lastly, we've realized just how many people are interested in translating the game into their native language, so we are going to make all the text easily available through the Steam Translation Server (http://translation.steampowered.com/index.php) over the coming weeks. That will be primed with the existing translations, along with the volunteer contributions we've already had for other languages. If you want to get involved and help translate more of KF2, get yourself registered on STS (if you aren't already).

KF2_May_Manor_0003.jpg

KF2_May_Manor_0007.jpg

KF2_May_Manor_0008.jpg

Protein

Banned
Any way to disable the amount of blood stains on the ground without compromising the gore? If not, just lower the overall amount? I find that red floors lower my FPS significantly during hard fights, especially when the entire area is painted red.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Killing Floor 2 update going live soon:

**Note - This update is not yet live**

Maps
New map: Völter Manor
Added collectable items and related achievements to all 4 existing maps
Numerous fixes to cosmetic issues and map exploits in Biotics Lab, Burning Paris and Outpost

Characters
Added 2 new characters for owners of the original Killing Floor: Classic Briar and Classic Masterson

UI
Improved XP barks on player HUD
Added "Killed by" messages on HUD
Voice comms select on close instead of requiring a mouse click

General
Update bugsplat to give us more information, which may add a delay when submitting.
Added a clientside filter for full servers (in addition to server-side)
Increased the EndOfGameDelay to 15 seconds
Fixed unintended extra applications of Field Medic’s Armament and Vaccination buffs when using Medic Grenades
Slowed down AI movement speed slightly in HOE
Crash fix for servers that have improperly set up server actors
Fixed issues when connecting to passworded servers via command line and Steam invites
Fixed some FX not being affected by night vision goggles when motion blur is enabled

Editor
Enabled UE stats for the SDK only

Medic grenades no longer providing armor on heals is a pretty big deal on HoE difficulty. "Slightly lower movement speed on Zeds" now makes sense. New map is also quite tough with how many corners there are.

mcz117chief

Any way to disable the amount of blood stains on the ground without compromising the gore? If not, just lower the overall amount? I find that red floors lower my FPS significantly during hard fights, especially when the entire area is painted red.

No, they don't. They should actually improve your performance since the basis of the map is all covered in gore, the normal textures on top of the map are being erased by kills to show the blood beneath it.

new map reminds me of Evil Within,, anyone else? Very high quality map

Never played Evil Within, but I get strong Resident Evil 1 vibes from it. Especially with the secret door leading to underground experimentation labs. I think it might be my favourite map so far, it is real easy to get separated with your party which can be a bit terrifying at times.

This isn't directly related to that, but the reflections setting is a FPS hog, if you're having dips I'd disable that first.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, uh... is there a guide with all the Dosh bling locations?

Me and two others spent about 20 minutes in a wave kiting around one big enemy attempting to find the last five we couldn't see.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
A new update regarding perks and other behind-the-scenes work being done:

As work is progressing towards more new content (perks, weapons, maps, etc.), we are also moving forward with changes to existing systems based on player feedback. This ranges through perks, game mechanics and more! But the focus of this post it to give you some insight on how we are looking at the feedback on perks and game mechanics.

Perks
All of the existing perks are being examined for potential updates. These updates include moving skills around in the unlock tree, the change of some skills to passive unlocks and the introduction of new skills, to complete redesign/overhauls of perk systems. We are looking at what skills the players like, what they don’t like (or do not understand) and what they are actively using (or not). Currently the Berserker is receiving the most attention (yes, that is the perk being overhauled), and many are in a state of flux as we trial some things in house.

Our perk design doc is going through several iterations as items are discussed, tossed out, trialed, and implemented. Some of these changes may take a while before they are public facing, others may show up in our next update. Given the amount of feedback we've had, across so many topics, we're not just changing single numbers and throwing out daily updates - that would just confuse the feedback even more. We're looking at each system (i.e. a perk) as a whole, figuring out what is driving each bit of feedback and planning out coherent solutions. So it takes a bit longer to plan, code and test.

Systems
Game mechanics and systems can get complicated very quickly. And making changes to those systems can often result in [deep booming mysterious voice] "unintended consequences". Mechanics are also often misunderstood at first, and then, like a light bulb turning on, are understood and exploited to their fullest potential.

We are looking at many systems across the board, but we would like to let the community know about some of the higher ones that are being discussed or actively refined/redesigned. Keep in mind that because we are looking at something does not mean that public facing change will be seen soon.

• Melee - Getting general refinement and additions
  • Zed Teleport - Revamp this system so that it serves the intended purpose, without breaking the illusion (too much)
  • Zed Spawn Sounds - Looking at ways to deal with the fact that some people love them, others hate them
  • Player Grab - Looking at ways to deal with the fact that some people love it, others hate it
  • Circle Strafing - We need to react to the fact that it is really exploity, non-exciting gameplay
  • Large Zed (and boss) Gameplay - Refining this in general to make it more obviously skill-based and exciting
  • Communications - Increase available options
  • Weapons - Look for ways to improve on the M4/Eviscerator
  • Input - Add more options in the Options menu
  • Gameplay - Looking at the wave intensity peaks (and troughs)
  • Perk - Balance, from skill tree skill movement, to entire overhaul

As these items firm up we’ll be telling you all more about the proposed changes. so we can get the feedback to those as they develop. It is going to be an explosive next few weeks as we churn through some great new content and refinements in preparation for the next update! And as an added bonus, here is a first look at one of the Firebugs weapons: The Caulk N' Burn.

6OtyGDz.png

Paertan

There's no stat reset apparently. Don't know how I feel about that.

Hmm in a way I feel glad. I've been holding off playing a bit since progress will be lost. At the same time I will play a lot with friends who will get this on release. Would be fun to level up with them.
Will probably never touch some classes so I can level them then.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
So the next update will feature Firebug?

It certainly seems Firebug is going to be the first perk added certainly, with firebug weapons creeping their way into the game. I'm not sure if it'll be in the next big update, but I feel certain it'll be the first new perk we get.

riflen

i thought it'd be the usual tacked on bullshit but that is actually quite a cool usage for it, quite impressed

I believe this will actually be the first shipping game to use this new tech. As I understand, what sets this apart from PhysX particle, cloth and fluid simulation we've seen in games like Borderlands and Batman, is that the objects can now operate in a unified space, interacting and affecting one another realistically.

Tokubetsu

Am I going crazy or are the guns louder? I remember thinking they sounded a bit weak a few weeks ago/release but now they sound a lot more powerful.

Mawlok

I loved Killing Floor 1 and I've been having fun with this, shame there isn't more content but its still more than most early access.

riflen

I need this right now. When is it being added to the game?

Well, there's no explicit statement. The article only says that when the game's early access period ends, it will be the first game to be released with this tech. That could imply that it'll only be added in time for the launch build, which would not surprise me. These sorts of effects are often implemented near the end of development. Just my guess. I hope very much that we get to try it sooner than that.

Ark

I've played this for a couple of hours after picking it up in the Steam sale and I'm really enjoying it. Only have one question so far, does it matter which gun I'm using with each class? I've been playing Support and sticking to the shotguns but there only seem to be like five shotguns or so, can I buy other weapons and still get XP for the Support class?

I've played this for a couple of hours after picking it up in the Steam sale and I'm really enjoying it. Only have one question so far, does it matter which gun I'm using with each class? I've been playing Support and sticking to the shotguns but there only seem to be like five shotguns or so, can I buy other weapons and still get XP for the Support class?

You get XP for classes as long as you do whatever it requires for XP. Eg you get Medic XP as long as you heal with anything, even if you're playing another class.

Luigi87

Currently this is 15% off at GMG with an additional 20% off with their current code.
For early access, is this still fairly active?

Top Bottom