• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killing Floor 2 Early Access |OT| I Buy You. Birth sign: DOSH

KarmaCow

Hmm, the Demo weapons feel really weak, especially the starting pistol.

Yea, it basically only kills one clot per shot, lame. Everything about the demo sucks, I ended up needing to use the med pistol most of the time because the ammo across all weapons is so limited and they don't do enough damage/splash to make up for it.

I can't believe it's an opt-in beta... For an early access title. What the hell Tripwire?

Anyways, the update is pretty great. Played with some friends last night. My friend was playing berserker and said he felt like a GOD with the buffs.

On the opposite end, demolition seems pretty weak. Maybe it's cause I was playing on hard and I was still level 0, but it doesn't seem like you do much damage.

Those Nvidia PhysX Flex Gore effects:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E9WTY3mVhA

Mother of god ...

Makes me want to go out and buy a 980ti

I was so excited for this. SO EXCITED. But apparently my plebian GTX 770 isn't good enough. Guess I'll be waiting till I get my 980

spiritfox

Yea, it basically only kills one clot per shot, lame. Everything about the demo sucks, I ended up needing to use the med pistol most of the time because the ammo across all weapons is so limited and they don't do enough damage/splash to make up for it.

It sucks that I'm using my off-perk more than my main. They really should have added the M4203 as the T3, and moved M79 to T2. C4 is just not worth the cost right now.

FaceTurn

Good lawd the zweihander is glorious. Flying body parts everywhere.
I actually quite like the demo starting pistol but I find I gotta get in real close to do any decent damage so I only use it when a zed is too close for the nade launcher.

So how big is the hit with nvidia gameworks on?

I asked this last night (in a different thread) in regards to running it on a 970. I was told with just the gibs on it stayed around 60 but to expect a drop with fluids on as well. Plenty of time for optimisation.

charsace

The game is way more fun with the latest update. Feel the same rush I got with KF1 even though he play styles are different.

Demo splash damage needs to be fixed though. I can kill 3 trash at most with the starter weapon.

Ryuuga

Banned
Mini Demo Review:

I'm really not feeling the demo nade pistol, it feels more like a flare gun. It'd be better if they had one weapon that shot sticky grenades or something similar. Also I figured this would've been their chance to add tripmines or some close proximity explosive device. As far as the C4 is concerned I'm fine, I like the addition of being able to add them on doors. However, it'd be nice if we had a key specifically for detonating them while holding another weapon.

Overall score: 1 Sparkler / 10 Explosives

Tabasco

I asked this last night (in a different thread) in regards to running it on a 970. I was told with just the gibs on it stayed around 60 but to expect a drop with fluids on as well. Plenty of time for optimisation.
I'm running it on a 960 with gibs and fluids both on, and it never drops to an unplayable frame rate.

I don't know why the game recommends a 980 for this graphics option, to be honest. (unless you literally don't want any drop below 60 FPS)

zXe

I have a question about this game, does the games v-sync work well or is it dodgy? i.e should I use something like RTSS to force 60fps. I have a 970 but the game feels really stutter with it on (set in game), but I hate screen tearing.

Edit - apprently there's a texture streaming fix (vram issue). So gonna try that.

Definitely a change from KF.

Anyway I'm liking it a lot.

Only issue is getting slight fps drops when aiming down sight or using the command wheel when pressing Q. The latter I don't care about but the former makes aiming more difficult. I'm on a 980Ti and everything is on max except real time reflections. I feel like this game should play like butter.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Definitely a change from KF.

Anyway I'm liking it a lot.

Only issue is getting slight fps drops when aiming down sight or using the command wheel when pressing Q. The latter I don't care about but the former makes aiming more difficult. I'm on a 980Ti and everything is on max except real time reflections. I feel like this game should play like butter.
What. I am on a 980ti. And everything plays like butter for me. Are using 4 K?

What. I am on a 980ti. And everything plays like butter for me. Are using 4 K?

Nah, 3440x1440 (native res for my screen). On a 2600k @ 4ghz.

Actually when I first started the game I figured I could DSR it up to 4, 5k easily. Nope. Runs like absolute shit. Definitely seems to have some optimization issues.

Finally starting to dip back into this with the new update, I like the new perks a lot though the demo seems fairly weak at low levels. I'm hoping that they add gunslinger next as I've enjoyed using the dual 9mm.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Nah, 3440x1440 (native res for my screen). On a 2600k @ 4ghz.

Actually when I first started the game I figured I could DSR it up to 4, 5k easily. Nope. Runs like absolute shit. Definitely seems to have some optimization issues.
I doubt tripwire will optimize anything at least anytime soon.

Finally starting to dip back into this with the new update, I like the new perks a lot though the demo seems fairly weak at low levels. I'm hoping that they add gunslinger next as I've enjoyed using the dual 9mm.
Duals feels soo nice. It just feels right.

Nordicus

Yup, I love the look of the new ADS. The gunslinger has quickly become to class that I'm anticipating the most, I'm also looking forward to seeing some dual revolvers.
Yeah, dual pistols used to be super unpopular because the ADS was garbage. The one in this game looks kinda goofy aesthetically, but it serves a purpose.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
2 things.

Where the fuck is the MAC? I love that shit as a firebug. :(

Demo feels a bit underpowered. The starting gun feels off when firing/aiming, and he is missing the 4-rounds per load launcher.

I have 2 keys for Mr Fosters Dosh jacket if anyone wants them. First 2 people to post some funny Killing Floor related pictures get em

Zatoth

I have 2 keys for Mr Fosters Dosh jacket if anyone wants them. First 2 people to post some funny Killing Floor related pictures get em

zTktj7A.jpg

Good enough?

Sorry boss doggie, im afraid it looks like a mix up, i got 2 emails with a key in each one, but the first key wouldnt activate for Zatoth, so i had to give him the 2nd and see if that one would work! Sorry dude

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Hmm, the Demo weapons feel really weak, especially the starting pistol.

Unless they buffed it over the past month: You're crazy man. Throw a shot at a group and it'll detonate all of them pretty easy outside of the larger specimens.

In fact, I feel Demo is hilariously overpowered. Firebug is pretty overpowered when you feather the throttle on the flamethrower and Caulk N' Burn as well.

Maybe on Suicidal and Hell on Earth they get useless. But man... the trash clearing properties for those make them a good class to use until you reach Hans.

demolitio

Unless they buffed it over the past month: You're crazy man. Throw a shot at a group and it'll detonate all of them pretty easy outside of the larger specimens.

In fact, I feel Demo is hilariously overpowered. Firebug is pretty overpowered when you feather the throttle on the flamethrower and Caulk N' Burn as well.

Maybe on Suicidal and Hell on Earth they get useless. But man... the trash clearing properties for those make them a good class to use until you reach Hans.

Definitely agree with you on the demo. I expected to be disappointed since I've seen and heard so many people talk about how useless that class is, but I had a lot of fun with it. The grenade pistol annihilates the early specimens along with the m79, and the RPG is good for hordes and helping with the bosses in a supporting role (definitely can't do it alone due to how little ammo you get for it).

The C4 is the only really disappointing thing with that class for me since you don't get a lot of it and they don't do a lot to make it worth more than the other weapons.

Demo is great to use to support the team instead of being the frontline defense. I sat on top of a car on Evac and killed everything in sight from there at a safe distance. Only issue really is ammo, but I hope they add the M4/M203 combo eventually since that was amazing in the first game.

I haven't played too much of Firebug, but when I did, I liked it once again as a support class that can kill a lot but I usually ended up with 2039485 assists.

I pretty much like all of the classes to be honest. They all serve a different role but these new classes are much better at supporting the team and staying mobile or at a distance in the case of the Demo class.

I just hope they add more weapons to them eventually since I miss some of the old ones. These classes are a nice change of pace though. At least we know not everyone will be playing them like they will the Marksman class when it comes out, so I guess it's a good thing a lot of people don't like them. :p

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
New WWAUT with a teaser image for an outdoor map!

WWAUT - Into The Woods

With the last update we released updated mapping tools which included landscape tool support for better outdoor maps. We here at Tripwire have also been working on a new map that brings you to the outdoors.

Welcome to the Black Forest. You have been sent deep into these murky woods to find something (and it doesn’t look like it involves cake). With luck you will also be able to find your way out.

Speaking of modding tools we are also getting our Steam Modding Workshop ready (as opposed to the item submission workshop that already exists). The modding workshop will allows users to upload their maps and mutators which will allow players (and servers) to subscribe to them and always stay up to date with the latest build! We would like to give a shoutout to our friends over at Tom... I mean Torn Banner who helped us bring this system online quicker using some of their work as a foundation.

9mm Dualies were added with the last update so we could gather player feedback and we have been paying attention. As such as we move forward on the Gunslinger perk we now have two different aiming modes available.

http://media.tripwirecdn.com/100815/dualies.webm

We would also like the community to help us pick the default mode when going into iron sights with dualies. Answer the linked survey to be heard! As always stay tuned for more news over the coming weeks.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
New perk news, the Ocelot Gunslinger!

WWAUT - What To Bring To A Gunfight

Gunslinger. The perk name brings certain classic imagery to mind. Wisps of smoke lifting from the barrel of a 6-shooter as the eye of the gunslinger becomes visible through the clearing smoke. So what better to talk about than the weapons of such a Perk?

Tier 1: Model 1858 Revolver. An iconic weapon that saw use during the American Civil War, the Wild West frontier and further action around the world. This 6-shooter was prized by some over the competing revolvers of its time due to the fact that it could be reloaded quickly by replacing the entire cylinder with one pre-loaded instead of reloading the cylinder by hand. Just as lethal today as it was 150 years ago when that posse of zeds is beating down on your town.

Tier 2: M1911. Borne out of a search for a replacement for revolvers, this turn of the century pistol quickly found fans due to its stopping power and semi-automatic nature. Used by militaries around the world to this day, this pistol is a true friend to the gunman in need of some additional zed stopping power.

Tier 3: Desert Eagle. A hand cannon by any other name. This .50 caliber pistol is many a zed killer’s favorite weapon when it comes time to deliver zed killing force down range with its distinctive barrel and muzzle flash being the last thing a zed will ever see.

Tier 4: .500 Magnum Revolver. Some call it too large, others call it excessive. Horzine contractors consider it to be the last word when it comes to in-the-field zed disposal. Designed for “big game” hunting, many zed hunters have found it truly stands up to the task, even when it comes to the most dangerous of zeds.

With a bit of luck I’ve also managed to sneak a render off the desktop of our weapons artist to share with you and hope you enjoy it just as much as I do.

VDgGm1Q.jpg

One more item I would like to touch on in this post is our continuing audio work. With the last update we started what has become a general overhaul of almost all the audio in the game (be it tweaking, balance, or a re-recording) and that work continues. We are of course recording audio for all the weapons listed above (and think they are sounding great!) but that isn’t all. The Fleshpound is our first zed getting a full pass with all new sounds (and lines....) to bring him up to optimal “EarPound” levels. In the coming weeks we hope to be able to share some of that work with you!

gMTlSre.gif

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
That engraving... Gives you no tactical advantage whatsoever.

BBboy20

Starring Revolver Ocelot, Big Boss, and Meryl Silverburgh. Featuring Chris Redfield & Sheva Alamor from Resident Evil.

Hypron

Gunslinger class will be added soon? Looks like I'll have to get back to the game. It seems like the second best thing after my beloved sharpshooter.

Have they considered including 3rd person mode ? or 3rd person mode specific servers ? I really like how it handles after you win a match...

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Screenshots of the remaining Gunslinger weapons, improvements to the flashlight, and more!

WWAUT - Rounding Out The Collection

Last week, with great peril to myself, I managed to show the community a render of one of the upcoming Gunslinger weapons. This week the rest showed up in my inbox with instructions that I was not allowed into that side of the office anymore (something about my “ninja outfit” being “not fit for work”, but I digress. Below you can check out the renders for the M1911, Desert Eagle and the .500 Zed Collector!

smr5lXK.jpg

U09KvjZ.jpg

l622Qhe.jpg

I also have a few player feedback focused items to talk about as well! Let us start with flashlights. Flashlights, they illuminate the dark, and they are never on the bloody gun you want to use! We have heard the cries and are testing out a system where the flashlight is now a body component and not a weapon attachment. This means that all players will be able to toggle their flashlights on at any time with their weapon or equipment of choice out.

EuHNOYh.jpg

The next item involves audio and options. We are increasing the audio slider options to now include Master, SFX, Music and Voice Chat Receive so players can better dictate their own audio experience within the game.

And for any fans (and those interested in the PS4 version in particular) around San Fransisco, we will once again be at the PlayStation Experience this year: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015...perience-2015-exhibitors-list-playable-games/

Can't say I'm a fan of the gaudy 1911 skin, hopefully I can get something a little more clean through the workshop in time.

Top Bottom