• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killing Floor 2 Early Access |OT| I Buy You. Birth sign: DOSH

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I really should try this. Really wish there was a tutorial but hey that's why this is in early access.

You can practice it offline with console commands. But it's a bit too "high-risk/low-reward" for me. You make the bigger ones with the chainsaw bounce off for a few milliseconds or eat damage for failing it. Might as well keep moving backwards and firing on them than risking it.

Reached level 5 support. I think I'm done with leveling up until Tripwire says they aren't going to reset everyone since it took me ~4 hours to get to 5 support, so another 4 hours for the other classes and then being told "LOL WE'RE GONNA RESET YOU GUYS" doesn't really sit with me.

Xyber

Perhaps there's someone here with more knowledge than me when it comes to Killing Floor servers. So I have one up and running, everything works great and I can use the WebAdmin tools. But there's a tiny problem, everyone who joins my game gets admin status as well. What do I need to change to fix this?

Conezays

You can practice it offline with console commands. But it's a bit too "high-risk/low-reward" for me. You make the bigger ones with the chainsaw bounce off for a few milliseconds or eat damage for failing it. Might as well keep moving backwards and firing on them than risking it.

Reached level 5 support. I think I'm done with leveling up until Tripwire says they aren't going to reset everyone since it took me ~4 hours to get to 5 support, so another 4 hours for the other classes and then being told "LOL WE'RE GONNA RESET YOU GUYS" doesn't really sit with me.

Pretty sure they have said they will be resetting levels/perks, etc. before they officially launch the game.

Aw yeah! I won a code for the Dosh Jacket. It looks awesome.

665BE9AC3881A34E21B0701202EB8297EB4DC71B

EDD5ACDC5D5562D944118A6B4DD27C03C5B3A756

void666

Banned
Game was running like shit yesterday. Today i used geforce experience to configure graphic settings. Everything maxed. Game runs smooth above 100fps. Wat?

TheSeks

Just got my gift copy of Killing Floor 1 from buying the Deluxe Edition

Same. Good move on their part to make it a gift to not screw owners of the game previously over.

Oh wow. I had no idea publishers could have this power on Steam.

It's essentially the same as doing a VAC ban now a days. VAC bans are per-game bans now. Which means you can't join VAC-enabled servers for that game. This is just an old-school method of doing it.

As it is, I seriously doubt they'll enforce that EULA term and people are freaking out over nothing. Just don't be a dick and I doubt Tripwire will care. Though if you're going to be a person that types "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER..." over and over and over in chat, I'm pretty sure reporting you will probably start to get infractions now.

Same. Good move on their part to make it a gift to not screw owners of the game previously over.

It's essentially the same as doing a VAC ban now a days. VAC bans are per-game bans now. Which means you can't join VAC-enabled servers for that game. This is just an old-school method of doing it.

As it is, I seriously doubt they'll enforce that EULA term and people are freaking out over nothing. Just don't be a dick and I doubt Tripwire will care. Though if you're going to be a person that types "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER..." over and over and over in chat, I'm pretty sure reporting you will probably start to get infractions now.
Basically... Don't act like a total jackass around strangers.

Alavard

Yeah, in one of the Steam threads about it, the devs say that they had this power in the original Killing Floor as well, and they've only ever revoked the game license from two people ever, (and one of those two was actually convicted in a criminal court of hacking).

Is is worth dropping the medic smg for the assault rifle? It seems like the smg would be the better choice as you can carry the medic smg and shotgun and you still have enough room for another shotgun or rifle.

shinn623

Is is worth dropping the medic smg for the assault rifle? It seems like the smg would be the better choice as you can carry the medic smg and shotgun and you still have enough room for another shotgun or rifle.

Personally, I don't think any of the ARs prior to the AK are that great, and not worth it for a medic.

Question for others though. Is there a toggle for changing the sprint so that I don't have to hold it? I've tried looking for it in controls and keybinds, but could not find it. Don't want to have to hold the sprint button the entire time :(

Unit24

Speaking of which, me and some friends were dicking around on a server, making up voice commands in the chat like REQUEST YOUR MOM and REQUEST FUCK YOU just for the hell of it, not really targeting anyone. Then one of us was kicked and we were told "thank your friend for creating a slot for me, disrespect is not appreciated". That was pretty irritating, considering nobody was being disrespectful aside from the one being a condescending prick. Is this related to the EULA, or just some server being run by people who are really picky about language?

Question for others though. Is there a toggle for changing the sprint so that I don't have to hold it? I've tried looking for it in controls and keybinds, but could not find it. Don't want to have to hold the sprint button the entire time :(

Unfortunately there isn't. You can only toggle ADS. Hopefully they add it in soon.

Unit24

Actually, aside from the incident I just mentioned, the biggest problem for me has been AFK'ers and people who quit at the start of rounds. I hope this sort of thing dies down soon enough, because it's happening way too often.

Ferrio

Banned
Is it just me or is money not as rare anymore? seems in the first one I was always scraping by. Or does money amounts differ in the difficulty levels?

spiritfox

There's something to be said for being good in the early game. I typically played Commando in the early waves until I picked up a cheap SCAR. Then switched to sharpshooter for the SCAR crossbow combo.

Granted I never ended up playing seriously on 'Hell' difficulty

Yeah, Commando is great in the early waves, and they rack up cash pretty fast due to their large ammo pool and fast trash clearing. What I'm doing now is going Commando for the first few waves to get kills and swapping to Support later for an instant AA12.

Also, the Varmint Rifle is a headshotting machine.

NIN90

captureo7uxk.png

Suicidal Burning Paris 10 waves

740.gif

During the last few waves we had like seven Scrakes chasing our asses at the same time. Almost had a heart attack when I narrowly dodged five Scrakes and came out with 6 hp left.

BHK3

Banned
Solo'd Labs on Normal difficulty, got lucky with Hans deciding not to chase so often like he usually does with groups. I just got a shotgun and actually found that to do damage, gonna try selling everything and just buying an AA12 in multiplayer and I think he'll actually die. Sawblade seems to do nothing aside from spin kiting him.

Check the keybindings, there is a setting for hold ADS and toggle.

It's there in the key binds already, same for a hold crouch.

Yeah, I know. Didn't say you couldn't. I was just saying that you can toggle ads, but not sprint.
captureo7uxk.png

During the last few waves we had like seven Scrakes chasing our asses at the same time. Almost had a heart attack when I narrowly dodged five Scrakes and came out with 6 hp left.

Good job, man. Now do it on Hell on Earth difficulty.

Kinsei

Banned
I found a fun physics glitch in Burning Paris. There's this guard rail by the trader down the stairs outside by the entrance to the train station, and if you run up against it you go super fast. I'll try and make a video of it tomorrow.

captureo7uxk.png

740.gif

Oh man, suicidal sounds great. I wonder if I'll manage to solo it.

Solo'd Labs on Normal difficulty, got lucky with Hans deciding not to chase so often like he usually does with groups. I just got a shotgun and actually found that to do damage, gonna try selling everything and just buying an AA12 in multiplayer and I think he'll actually die. Sawblade seems to do nothing aside from spin kiting him.

As a 'zerker (I assume you are based on the saw blade comment) I go hammer + nail gun. They seem to deal a lot of damage to him.

Been waiting for this forever, huge fan of the first game. Was planing on buying it yesterday, since I have items worth the 19.90€, but realized that since I formated 2 days ago, I have a 7 day "ban" from the market...

-.-

No worries though, game looks incredible ! Will soon join you guys !

BHK3

Banned
As a 'zerker (I assume you are based on the saw blade comment) I go hammer + nail gun. They seem to deal a lot of damage to him.
Base AA12(level 0 support too) seems to be better, reloads faster shoots faster has bigger spread and seems to do more damage.

<3 the guns in this, everything feels so good to destroy zeds with. Commando and Support are as fun as they have always been, haven't got the chance to play medic or zerker yet. Is zerker hard to get into at all?

Kinsei

Banned
<3 the guns in this, everything feels so good to destroy zeds with. Commando and Support are as fun as they have always been, haven't got the chance to play medic or zerker yet. Is zerker hard to get into at all?

Nah, 'zerker is easy to get into. Save up for the pulverizer and you'll be able to solo normal easily.

sleepykyo

Can the beserker still stun lock Scrakes?

How the fuck are you suppose to take on the boss as a Zerker tho?

Also, how much of the content will be erased every reset?

I suddenly picture a beserker parrying every iteration of the boss' claw swipes and bashing the back of his head during the grenade lobs.

TheSeks

Just wondering because I've been disappointed by EA games int the past.

If you like Killing Floor 1, you'll more than likely like this one. It refines some jank and updates the graphics.

BHK3

Banned
Just wondering because I've been disappointed by EA games int the past.

This is more along the lines of buying the game in advance you just have to wait for them to finish it. I mean it's a sequel to a very loved game so theres no real chance of getting burned.

jediyoshi

Then it wouldn't be like a VAC ban? Those just mean you can't join VAC enabled servers.

Top Bottom