• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

CozMick

Banned
Stallion Free said:
I'm on the final level of the game and it actually made my PS3 freeze. I think it's the first time I have seen it happen. Also, fuck this level, talk about horrible pacing and they push the heavy machine gun on you by providing almost no ammo for regular guns and it fucking blows.

Just wait til
you know who
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

You're playing on Elite right?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
CozMick said:
Just wait til
you know who
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

You're playing on Elite right?
Hell no, I'm just rolling on normal and it's still a chore. Just a tedious combat arena after combat arena with almost no breather.

CozMick

Banned
Stallion Free said:
Hell no, I'm just rolling on normal and it's still a chore. Just a tedious combat arena after combat arena with almost no breather.

All I can suggest is use cover ALL THE TIME.

This is how I finished it on Elite and apart from the end battle I didn't really have any problems.

Just don't run n gun, the AI is fucking smart :p

If you're doing this then................:lol

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
CozMick said:
All I can suggest is use cover ALL THE TIME.

This is how I finished it on Elite and apart from the end battle I didn't really have any problems.

Just don't run n gun, the AI is fucking smart :p
I'm not having trouble staying alive, it's just that that much combat gets tiresome. They needed to break it up more.

KZObsessed

Well, looks like I finally wore out my KZ2 disc :p

Tried to play some tonight to get closer to the 200k mark (only 9k left to go) and my PS3 fails to read the disc and actually tries to spit the disc out. I panic thinking my 2nd PS3 is going to die, but on testing other discs everything works fine.

So on closer inspection there appears to be a small crack on the clear plastic on the inside ring which apparently stops the disc being read, I don't know. Temperamental electronics these days :p

oh, we had some good times together didn't we Mr Disc?

End of an era.

R.I.P. KILLZONE 2

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
And of an era.

Time for KZ3.

McLovin

Damn dude it takes a lot to scratch a blu-ray you must have put some insane hours. Also for the guy having trouble on the last stage, the trick I used on the last stage "Before you know who" is I ran as fast as I could and got to the last checkpoint before you enter the building :D

KZObsessed said:

Tried to play some tonight to get closer to the 200k mark (only 9k left to go) and my PS3 fails to read the disc and actually tries to spit the disc out. I panic thinking my 2nd PS3 is going to die, but on testing other discs everything works fine.

So on closer inspection there appears to be a small crack on the clear plastic on the inside ring which apparently stops the disc being read, I don't know. Temperamental electronics these days :p

End of an era.

R.I.P. KILLZONE 2

http://www.***********/PS3/VIDEO GAMES/PS3KI03-Killzone 2 Platinum.html

EDIT: WTF, shopto is still censored? :lol

beast786

KZObsessed said:

End of an era.

R.I.P. KILLZONE 2

350662-big_boss_salute_super.jpg

KZObsessed

Couldn't say goodbye so bought another copy! :p

Had some good games and poor games today, as is the KZ2 way!

Good to play with rc94, aj <3, W0WBaggr, Astroturfing.

I'll be playing tomorrow night. Need only 5k to get to the big 200k mark. I'll get that in a few days.

TheFatOne

KZObsessed said:

I'll be playing tomorrow night. Need only 5k to get to the big 200k mark. I'll get that in a few days.

Put the shitty game down sir. I will get a platinum trophy for WKC before I play Killzone 2 again.

Facism

if i can be arsed with the rage i'll hop on for a few games tomorrow.

[edit]i don't have the dlc, will that bean issue?

TheFatOne

KZObsessed said:
oh Lyulf :lol :lol

You really going for the WKC platinum? You are one crazy bastard.

oh and mandatory:

21cfkpj.jpg

Yea whenever I listen to a podcast I'm going to play WKC. So I should have the platinum by this time next year :lol or thats the plan. The most likely thing that will happen is that I will rage quit one day and never play it again.

yea it was fun getting owned by you FFObsessed... :D

i did manage to get my act together just now and went 40-13 on Blood Gracht which is amazing for me. yay.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
KZObsessed said:

What the hell did you do to crack the disc? I play the shit out of some of my games and nothing like that has ever happened.

KZObsessed

msdstc said:
What the hell did you do to crack the disc? I play the shit out of some of my games and nothing like that has ever happened.

Dunno, it was fine one day then the next the PS3 wouldn't read the disc. I looked and there's a crack. It could be the Limited Edition case that caused it, don't see what else could have.

astroturfing said:
yea it was fun getting owned by you FFObsessed... :D

i did manage to get my act together just now and went 40-13 on Blood Gracht which is amazing for me. yay.

40-13 is awesome! I tried playing last night and the servers... my god, it was like the very worst of KZ2 was condensed into all the servers I joined that night. Just horrendous. Because of it I couldn't bring myself to play tonight, so I'm stuck on 196k for now.

I did jump into a BC only game before I went to bed and it was pretty terrible, but there was one awesome moment. I headshot a guy coming through a doorway, I walk inside and there's 4 enemies right in front of me, we all open fire on each other and... I kill all 4! 2 of them with headshots. :D I wish this game had a proper theatre mode for sure but these ghetto battle replays will have to do:

http://killzone.com/kz/tour_round_history.psml?kz_match_id=11931947&kz_file_id=24993018

Happened at the 10 minute mark. I was laughing pretty hard, I felt indestructibe :p Especially as it was the 4 high ranked players.

Momo

Banned
I finally got 3000 career points recently, I don't think I'll make it to the top ranks :lol

(Also getting 8 turret ribbons is fucking ass)

KZObsessed

TheFatOne said:
Also the Ricky martin era is over. I think I have the perfect candidate for the next GAF clan mascot. A real man.

" This video contains content from mgm, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

Everyday's a struggle when you're a filthy Euro :(

mr_nothin said:
I saw that stealth edit you did, dont try to put it on Lyulf.

so many lies! on ma victory day as well >_<

TheFatOne

KZObsessed said:
" This video contains content from mgm, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

Everyday's a struggle when you're a filthy Euro :(

so many lies! on ma victory day as well >_<

Clint Eastwood from the Good the bad and the ugly. Look up the finale from that movie. Also GAF theme song can be ecstasy of gold or man with the harmonica. Go for the old west theme. Clint Eastwood is a bad ass

KZObsessed

thanx guys.

TheFatOne said:
Clint Eastwood from the Good the bad and the ugly. Look up the finale from that movie. Also GAF theme song can be ecstasy of gold or man with the harmonica. Go for the old west theme. Clint Eastwood is a bad ass

oh dont need to, love that movie!

A track I think is even better than Ecstasy of Gold is Il Triello.

Incredible, that can be our Clan Soundtrack anyday.

Facism

Apologies to Pwonager and FFO, not going to be able to play online tonight. Copy of windows 7 arrived in the post today and everything that could go wrong, went wrong :lol

I'm still sorting it all out now :I

TheFatOne

Facism said:
Apologies to Pwonager and FFO, not going to be able to play online tonight. Copy of windows 7 arrived in the post today and everything that could go wrong, went wrong :lol

I'm still sorting it all out now :I

:lol :lol :lol all according to keikaku

I just got this game... maybe I'm playing too much MW2 but it seems like this game is more about fighting with the controls than a test of reaction time and skill. I'm having a real hard time getting used to how this game plays online. Even with the highest sensitivity the turning is kind of awkward.. and so is the movement.

Dries

Am I playing this game wrong? I'm having so much trouble with the aiming. Shooting from the hip is useless and inaccurate. Also, when I zoom down the scope the enemies are always moving faster than my crosshair can follow them or it always seems to shoot straight past them. Stick sensitivity is 50% and high precision mode (sp?) is on. What am I doing wrong?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
DarknessTear said:
I just got this game... maybe I'm playing too much MW2 but it seems like this game is more about fighting with the controls than a test of reaction time and skill. I'm having a real hard time getting used to how this game plays online. Even with the highest sensitivity the turning is kind of awkward.. and so is the movement.

yeah, you're playing too much MW2. KZ2 is a very methodical shooter with little autoaim.

Dries said:
Am I playing this game wrong? I'm having so much trouble with the aiming. Shooting from the hip is useless and inaccurate. Also, when I zoom down the scope the enemies are always moving faster than my crosshair can follow them or it always seems to shoot straight past them. Stick sensitivity is 50% and high precision mode (sp?) is on. What am I doing wrong?

hip shooting > *

you have to control the recoil. You can't just mash on the trigger and expect all the shots go straight. Feather the trigger to lessen the recoil.

DarknessTear said:
It's not for everyone. I love it and have now actually recently turned off the crosshair. Having a blast playing this way but there are some situations where I feel I'm at a disadvantage. I like seeing the bullets tear into people though :D

Top Bottom