• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
* = anything else. Although it really depends on which weapons you use. I usually roll with the shotgun, M82, and the M4 Revolver.

The Pew Pew Rifle (STA14) is better scoped.

KZObsessed

Shooting without going down the sights is very accurate in this game. That's how you get at least 80% of kills. This game has recoil, if you hold down the trigger the recoil builds up and the spread gets bigger. Tap Tap Hold or Hold Tap Tap. Don't try and track people down the sights when they're sprinting, you wont be able to keep up and there's very little auto aim to help you. Down the sights is just for long distance.

ChryZ said:
Fuck you!

What? You're on the list. <_<

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Dries said:
Changing the sights from R3 to L1 has really helped.

Now that seems like a very good thing to do. Going to try that.

KZObsessed

ChryZ said:
[drama-queen]Now, after your edit![/drama-queen] ~___~

I've been editing names in since the beginning, my memory, I'm an old man -_-

Had to go down the whole clan list + friendlist to remember everyone :p

*hugs*

good games Chryz

spats

Dries said:
So are the Helghast actual people or are they ..''aliens''? Not really clear for me.

They're humans who colonized another planet. The atmosphere changed them into what they are. And I think the masks the soldiers wear pump them full of drugs so they turn into remorseless killing machines.

KZObsessed

They're human colonists biologically altered by long term exposure to the atmosphere on Helghan.

edit: I'm getting slow in my old age. I have no right to wear this name anymore! ~_~

Sorry to up this old thread!

But just finished and was pleased!! I hated it at first, and felt the controls were awful. But I got used to the controls and raced through

Let me say something, that end section is fucking manic. Killing Radec was reasonably ok if you use a flame torch to see where he is, but all the damn hellgast was hard.

I'd say one thing about the control: the crouching button is totally wrong. You should at least be able to toggle it, but to crouch, aim and shoot is pretty uncomfortable

Other than that it was good and I enjoyed it a lot. Probably jump online soon

Mecha_Infantry said:
Sorry to up this old thread!

But just finished and was pleased!! I hated it at first, and felt the controls were awful. But I got used to the controls and raced through

Let me say something, that end section is fucking manic. Killing Radec was reasonably ok if you use a flame torch to see where he is, but all the damn hellgast was hard.

I'd say one thing about the control: the crouching button is totally wrong. You should at least be able to toggle it, but to crouch, aim and shoot is pretty uncomfortable

Other than that it was good and I enjoyed it a lot. Probably jump online soon
I'm replaying it myself and the SP is still quite the formidable package. Fix the godawful lag time on the controls and remove the excess profanity and "mom jokes" and you have an incredible shooter. The gunbattles are meaty, visceral and tactical and the audio/visual presentation is through the roof. As it stands, the SP was memorable but flawed. In many ways it reminds me of Mass Effect 1; an awesome game hiding beneath some highly annoying issues.

Deware80

Banned
theignoramus said:
I'm replaying it myself and the SP is still quite the formidable package. Fix the godawful lag time on the controls and remove the excess profanity and "mom jokes" and you have an incredible shooter. The gunbattles are meaty, visceral and tactical and the audio/visual presentation is through the roof. As it stands, the SP was memorable but flawed. In many ways it reminds me of Mass Effect 1; an awesome game hiding beneath some highly annoying issues.

The best part: Much improved sequel in less than 6 months. Multiplayer beta even sooner. Damn so many games each much next year, will be awesome.

theignoramus said:

Excuse my spelling. Stupid iPhone keyboard

I like the speed of the controls after thinking about it

I popped COD MW2 back I to my 360 and noticed how snappy it was. But after a while on the hectic levels I noticed how the game felt less constricting and somewhat easier.

I also don't some time checking the developer videos and reading about the mechanics of the game. It's extremely realistic and methodical in its ways. Jumping on COD and other shooters feels like you're Carl Lewis. But killzone is very weighted, and of course maybe affected but the fact that we're not on earth; a la Halo. We also need to consider the weight of the equipment that Sev is carrying

I felt a definite lag with turning and moving and aiming the weapon. But again we need to think that these are big arse guns. The knife and pistol are still speedy. Also weirdly I noticed you can't do shut when you jump. Normally I like to jump ad throw grenades, but I couldn't.

I'm disappointed I finished it so quickly. It took me 7hr 51m but that's because that last level took me about 2 hours to complete! Bu it was worth it. Hopefully some people play online from GAF, if not then I'll pickup Killzone 3 on day one and crack out the online mode straight away.

Veelk

Banned
Does anyone have any idea when the next trailer or bit of info is likely to come out? Now that Reach has been released, this is my most anticipated shooter, but there is so little info on it.

jmdajr

finally got the game and beat the story mode.

It was fun. I guess I expected more after all the hype but it was worth a play through.

jayb

jmdajr said:
finally got the game and beat the story mode.

It was fun. I guess I expected more after all the hype but it was worth a play through.

now go back and play it on Elite. That's when it really gets good.

.GqueB.

Banned
Mecha_Infantry said:
Excuse my spelling. Stupid iPhone keyboard

I like the speed of the controls after thinking about it

I popped COD MW2 back I to my 360 and noticed how snappy it was. But after a while on the hectic levels I noticed how the game felt less constricting and somewhat easier.

I also don't some time checking the developer videos and reading about the mechanics of the game. It's extremely realistic and methodical in its ways. Jumping on COD and other shooters feels like you're Carl Lewis. But killzone is very weighted, and of course maybe affected but the fact that we're not on earth; a la Halo. We also need to consider the weight of the equipment that Sev is carrying

I felt a definite lag with turning and moving and aiming the weapon. But again we need to think that these are big arse guns. The knife and pistol are still speedy. Also weirdly I noticed you can't do shut when you jump. Normally I like to jump ad throw grenades, but I couldn't.

I'm disappointed I finished it so quickly. It took me 7hr 51m but that's because that last level took me about 2 hours to complete! Bu it was worth it. Hopefully some people play online from GAF, if not then I'll pickup Killzone 3 on day one and crack out the online mode straight away.
My problem with the speed of Killzone was that it tried to be realistic in one way but screwed the pooch on the other.

In MW2, it is very twitchy but it also feels like youre on roller skates as there was no weight. That twitchy feel was more realistic to me. Thats how soldiers tend to move. Quick movements.

In KZ, it isnt twitchy at all but there is weight. I felt as if my character was grounded in the world. I preferred this. But the slow turning and aiming felt like crap to me. Despite the fact that our soldiers wear a lot equipment, theyre still extremely agile. Even firefighters, who also wear a lot of equipment. are pretty fast all things considered. The turning and aiming in KZ just felt pretty sluggish.

Though while I hated it, this helped me because Im the kind of gamer that over aims. My stick movements are pretty erratic for the most part and twitchy aiming is TERRIBLE for me. If this was GG's explanation for the sluggish aiming then I would applaud them but they kept saying that they were trying to simulate some sort of weight. Im sorry but if soldiers turned that slowly in RL we would be having a draft pretty soon because all of our troops would be long dead, lol.

-viper-

Banned
JEEZ I just tried this game on my new Samsung TV and it's laggy [in terms of controls] as fuck. Even on high precision.

I suppose I finally understand the complaints.

Sure, Killzone 2 is fine on a lag free display, but try gaming on a display with 40ms input lag. Killzone 2 feels impossible to play.

fixuis

The only way this game is meant to be played is on elite. Will make for a memorable time and really let's you see the helghast as they ought to be soon.

rexor0717

-viper- said:
JEEZ I just tried this game on my new Samsung TV and it's laggy [in terms of controls] as fuck. Even on high precision.

Sure, Killzone 2 is fine on a lag free display, but try gaming on a display with 40ms input lag. Killzone 2 feels impossible to play.
Yeah, I couldn't play the game on a large TV for a while. It was very frustrating. Once I put it on my smaller TV, it was fine for me.

-viper-

Banned
rexor0717 said:
Yeah, I couldn't play the game on a large TV for a while. It was very frustrating. Once I put it on my smaller TV, it was fine for me.
I think most of the people who played Killzone 2 and disliked the controls were on high input lag LCD displays.

I used to play it on a plasma TV so there was no input lag and I had no complaints. Now I'm back on an LCD and I can finally see it's awful. I'm somewhat glad they fixed up the controls. Because I found it more frustrating than enjoyable. And this is coming from someone who played over 100 hours of KZ2 MP.

JB1981

-viper- said:

Samsung sets are notoriously laggy. Try Game Mode.

btkadams

Deware80 said:
The best part: Much improved sequel in less than 6 months. Multiplayer beta even sooner. Damn so many games each much next year, will be awesome.
sorry im a bit late to this, but when is the beta for kz3? is there a way to make myself a candidate?

spats

btkadams said:
sorry im a bit late to this, but when is the beta for kz3? is there a way to make myself a candidate?

No concrete info yet, but Steven Ter Heide, a producer at GG said at the Eurogamer Expo that the beta will start "very soon".

-viper-

Banned
AranhaHunter said:
Only people who have Platinumed Killzone 2 should get in the Killzone 3 beta, sorry viper :p
But I was part of the GAFe team that won the GG tournament!

Speaking of trophies, I hope there aren't any more 'top 1% rank' online trophies. That is the only one I'm missing for my platinum. It was only possible to get in the first month of the game. :\

btkadams

-viper- said:

Speaking of trophies, I hope there aren't any more 'top 1% rank' online trophies. That is the only one I'm missing for my platinum. It was only possible to get in the first month of the game. :\
trophies like that bug me so much.

Chuckie

-viper- said:

Hehe, I got that one when I was having the flu, otherwise I would have never had the time to gain that much points. If you have the time it is doable though. Just play BC on a map you are great in and start scoring those points.

Norml

I just beat the game on elite.:D

The Radec level was so hard!I would say hardest level I ever played because of the Insane flanking going on.

fallagin

Norml said:
I just beat the game on elite.:D

The Radec level was so hard!I would say hardest level I ever played because of the Insane flanking going on.

Very hard last level, but when you finally beat it on elite it is very satisfying.

DoomGyver

Anyone want to help me with 2 DLC trophies? I need to get a team together so I can get the 5 mission wins on those 2 DLC maps and then I'll be at 100%

DoomGyver

Mikey Jr. said:
Nah, it has to be a ranked match with at least me and one other person. I could cheat it though and uncheck faction balancing and have myself and a friend on the same team for 5 short missions.

Top Bottom