• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Mercenary |OT| No allegiance, no honour, only money

HT UK

Can't decide between digital or retail. My 32GB card already struggles for space :/

Any chance the digital version would be available Thursday in the UK? I've got a lot of travelling to do that day so this would be perfect.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
How they managed this on a handheld is beyond me. Hopefully we get quality like this out of Borderlands 2

Cambridge is amazing studio with super duper tech skills (see Ghosthunter on PS2)

I doubt that Borderlands 2 will be this good, it's a UE3 game after all (UE3 games like MK and Dr Who look awful on Vita), I think Sony need to licenses KZ engine to other studios if they want this quality on Vita from third party.

remember when the game looked like this
original

The talent at Sony studios is just amazing

Tygamr

Cambridge is amazing studio with super duper tech skills (see Ghosthunter on PS2)

I doubt that Borderlands 2 will be this good, it's a UE3 game after all (UE3 games like MK and Dr Who look awful on Vita), I think Sony need to licenses KZ engine to other studios if they want this quality on Vita from third party.

Jacob Jones uses UE3 and it looks great. So does Zombie Tycoon 2. Then there's also Real Boxing. Some developers obviously just don't optimize their games very well.

true Gek

Tested the other multiplayer maps of Killzone Mercenary.

Well the beta one was one of the smallest. The other maps are very cool, very good maps for a multiplayer game...

VanWinkle

Of the levels I've played, Zenith is my favorite. That's just from the betas, though. I liked all three I played, but I loved Zenith.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
The thread title should be:

Killzone: Mercenary |OT| Not bad for PS4... wait... this is on Vita?!
Fixed :p
Remember that gaffer that thought the game was shadow fall and said it looked good(even if not as good as before)? Lol

The_Monk

Oh, such a nice surprise! While the site said they would be delivering the game after the 6th I just got an email saying that the item is on their way so I hope I can get my hands on it by Wednesday morning. Yay.

dreamfall

Nice OT!

Looking forward to playing this on the Vita- haven't played much Killzone since 3 last year, it'll be a nice return!

repeater

Not long ago, I was hesitant about buying this since "Shadow Fall" is so close by. After playing the beta, I realised that I had to have both of them in my life.
Team British space nazis, assemble!!

GG Cambridge stated that missions could take up to 45-60 a piece depending on how you play. So I'd say about 8-10 SP missions
Sounds good. I hope it's not like Unit 13 with no story to tie these missions together.

There's a story, right? I know it's a portable but I sometimes hate the deliberate focus on mobile with mission based games.

Also, hope for more dlc missions in the future.

Massa

Sounds good. I hope it's not like Unit 13 with no story to tie these missions together.

There's a story, right? I know it's a portable but I sometimes hate the deliberate focus on mobile with mission based games.

Also, hope for more dlc missions in the future.

Yes, there is a story. Some previews even said it goes deeper into Killzone lore than 2 and 3 did.

sajj316

Ok OP, what the heck ... You have plenty of content to update the OT! Sorry if I lack the patience but it shouldn't be that hard .. is it?

Binabik15

I need this game's everything over my anything. I never thought I'd want to play MP on a handhrld besides fighting games in local bouts. But zhe beta is sooo good.

Only bummer is no offline matches or ad-hoc.

In anticipation of Mercenary's release next week, what's the best Vita "grip" accessory? I've been having a blast with the beta but it destroys my hands like nothing else on the system has.

Top Bottom