• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Mercenary |OT| No allegiance, no honour, only money

There was no online pass downloaded when I downloaded my pre-ordered digital copy last night. So, I'm guessing it's not needed.

Typically it's built into the digital download file for games using online pass, so that's not really confirmation. You can't buy a preowned digital game :)

I am on the third one .Beat the first two for 15 mins each on hard.

Ha. I knew that 45 min to an hour per mission stat they were throwing out there was BS.

I mean, I don't mind. I'd rather have a short, replayable campaign on a handheld anyway. But man I knew there was no way the average mission was that long.

Adahn

Ha. I knew that 45 min to an hour per mission stat they were throwing out there was BS.

I mean, I don't mind. I'd rather have a short, replayable campaign on a handheld anyway. But man I knew there was no way the average mission was that long.

On my first run through, taking my time and looking for Intel, each level took me around 40-45 mins. But yeah, you can speed that up quite a lot :)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Good few levels in. Turns out I'm under embargo until the morning of the 4th, so one last screenshot from me until then.

killmanlegendsreckoniv9s6m.jpg

Updated the OP with some pretty images and gifs of death and so on. Sorry it took so long; I couldn't edit properly on my phone so had to wait until I got into work this morning to do it.

The_Monk

Updated the OP with some pretty images and gifs of death and so on. Sorry it took so long; I couldn't edit properly on my phone so had to wait until I got into work this morning to do it.

Thanks for doing it fellow GAFfer. I hope my copy can arrive on Wednesday.

Also, Trophy List if Anyone is interested:

Platinum
Collect all trophies

Justice Served
Complete mission contract 'Justice for All'

Decoded
Complete mission contract 'Code of Engagement'

Strike Out
Complete mission contract 'Lightning Strike'

Foreign Policy
Complete mission contract 'The Package'

Switched Off
Complete mission contract 'Lights Out'

Bridged Sides
Complete mission contract 'Hostile Takeover'

Target Acquired
Complete mission contract 'Blood Money'

Resolution
Complete all mission contracts

Above and Beyond
Complete all mission contracts on Veteran difficulty

Gone Dark
Complete all Covert contracts

Clean House
Complete all Demolition contracts

Perfect Execution
Complete all Precision contracts

Dedicated To The Cause
Complete all Covert, Demolition and Precision contracts

Fully Briefed
Collect all intel items

Firewall Down
Complete a VAN-Guard hack, making no mistakes

Come In
Visit Blackjack's Armoury during a mission

Deflector
Perform a Brutal Melee counter gesture in Multiplayer

Supply Chain
Collect the contents from 10 VAN-Guard capsules in Multiplayer

Anti-Air
Shoot down 10 enemy VAN-Guard drones in Multiplayer

Noob
Complete a Multiplayer game round

Centurion
Complete 100 Multiplayer game rounds

Spangled
Recover after being tranquilised by an enemy in Multiplayer

Well-rounded
Win at least one round of all Multiplayer modes

Heads Up
Get crushed by an incoming VAN-Guard capsule

Redeemer
Rescue an injured teammate in Multiplayer

Get Your Filthy Hands Off
Kill an enemy while they are interrogating a teammate in Multiplayer

Is It Safe?
Interrogate an enemy

Boom Headshot!
Achieve 1000 headshots

Cutting Edge
Brutal Melee 12 enemies consecutively

Marksman
Kill an enemy at long range

Aces High
Attain an ace Valour card ranking

Full Deck
Collect a full deck of Valour cards

Millionaire
Earn 1,000,000 Vektan dollars

Killing Machine
Achieve a 10 kill streak in Multiplayer

Ghost
Brutal melee an enemy from behind while using the Ghost VAN-Guard

Blood Bank
Kill 10,000 enemies

I Want That One
Make a purchase in Blackjack's armoury

Preferred Customer
Buy everything in Blackjack's armoury

Master At Arms
Use every weapon, grenade, armour and VAN-Guard available in Blackjack's armoury

Low Profile
Access the Security Centre without triggering the alarm in 'Justice For All'

Cross Examination
Interrogate the Captain in the Judge's chamber and save his hostage in 'Justice For All'

Man Vs. Machine
Destroy the Helghast Tank without using a D-Charge in 'Justice For All'

Insertion Denied
Kill all troops before they rappel out of a dropship

Collateral Considered
Complete 'The Package' without any civillian casualties

Beachcomber
Destroy all barnacles in 'The Package'

No Way Home
Destroy the Helghast extraction dropship in 'Lights Out'

Hidden Trophy

Hidden Trophy

Freshly Baked
Burn an enemy in the Lab 01 incinerator in 'Blood Money'

Hidden Trophy

Hidden Trophy

Binabik15

We don't know the BLES/BCES codes so no way anybody can know it. Probably, the versions are different.
Why not buy some UK credit online on ebay or one of the many key shops?

Because the one from an online shop took like a week to get it, from Amazon.de it still took some days, I download with 0,1 Mb where I am right now, I only have a 8 gig card and I take a long trip to attend my sisters wedding on Thursday, so UK version won't be out. Perfect shitstorm.

UK account had better deals and I buy a lot of UK games for PS3, anyway, but I never thought I'd want to play MP on my Vita :/

My brother wants the game as well and uses a DE account, so I can buy him the game, we take turns playing it and he can buy me the UK version after we're back.

Or Sony could let me use my CC on their store, damn it.

I suppose Americans could be jealous that Australians are getting it on the 4th, but by the time we're done downloading it, they'll already have it anyway

Riky

$MSFT
This was my only reason for investing in a Vita, really can't wait but think it's coming out Friday here in the UK.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Received my copy already. Absolutely amazing looking (and it plays well too, of course).

I'm genuinely stunned by just how detailed and high quality the visuals are. I mean, they're on a portable platform yet still worried about reflections across so many surfaces? Very few consoles games this gen ever bothered to do anything like that (they usually fake it completely). Here we see proper representations of colors and objects in the reflections.

It also just moves as you'd expect. Most attempts at a mobile shooter have fallen flat once you get a hold of them regardless of how impressive they look in stills. Killzone manages to present animations that you'd expect from a proper console game and do so in large levels that smoothly stream from one area to the next.

This might just be the most technically accomplished mobile game ever made (including all mobile platforms such as iOS and Android). There is nothing else out there even remotely this impressive.

LAA

I so cant wait for this game!
Been yearning for a good FPS for Vita for a while, (Not that I'm so much of a FPS player, but I do enjoy some of them), but good portable FPS's seemed the no. 1 thing the Vita could make a reality.

Kinda hoping the beta progress with transfer to the full game, but I don't think it will which is a shame, made so much progress in the beta. Would have been awesome if they handled it like Soul Sacrifice, which is one of the best ideas I've seen, its win-win for everyone involved really.

All I can say is the future is looking bright for Vita with this coming shortly, Borderlands 2 on the way, Walking Dead for EU (Hopefully tomorrow... Please...), some more HD collections I believe and a ton of indie stuff. Also the talk of Bioshock Vita! Which I hope to heaven will happen!

I'm really hoping Square Enix do something with it. I'd love some sort of exclusive Final Fantasy on it... Or maybe even better yet, just port Type-0 to it.
Kingdom Hearts Vita I'd love too, but I think its unlikely that'll happen for quite some time..., I'd KILL for the HD collections on Vita though and ability to sync progress between PS3/Vita version!

Lastly if they can get a GTA Vita, I think the Vita will quickly become my favourite portable device...

Got it in the mail today, with a nice pre-order bonus :)

Just saw that, thats so cool! I doubt my pre-order will those cards, but thats such a cool Pre-order bonus!

Xater

Good few levels in. Turns out I'm under embargo until the morning of the 4th, so one last screenshot from me until then.

killmanlegendsreckoniv9s6m.jpg

LOL so am I that's why I refrained from posting anything in here. I am done with the game so I'll have my review up tomorrow.

Bradach

I like that you can tap the screen to quickly change weapons / throw grenades. i found it a lot easier than fumbling with the D-pad (in the multiplayer beta)

If you had to choose... Is the feel/weight more akin to KZ2 or KZ3? And in general, are the controls decent? Seriously this close to buying a Vita for KZ:M alone.

Cheers, guys.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
If you had to choose... Is the feel/weight more akin to KZ2 or KZ3? And in general, are the controls decent? Seriously this close to buying a Vita for KZ:M alone.

Cheers, guys.

Feels more like Killzone 2 to me, with optional gyro precision when ADS.

Neuro

2013_09_03_094438.jpg

One from me .The lightning and reflections are superb.

Impressions guys, how long is it, am not interested in the story but I want to know how all the features they have been talking about is implemented and how long can one play it without the fingers going numb.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I have the Nyko powergrip because it doubles the battery life.

I've had two of them, both of which stopped working within the first week. Buyer beware. Now I use this, and the only time I remove it is when I need to carry my Vita in my pocket. Love it.

I haven't bought a full Vita game in a while, only PSN titles. This will break that streak. The beta was fantastic.

edit: Hori Vita grip has already been plugged. Goood.

EatChildren

Ehh .. More like killzone 3 to me.. The weighty feeling is not here like in kz2. Only thing left from kz2 is the feeling of beeing a dwarf.

But I like the steering alot..

You're probably right. I haven't played Killzone 2 in awhile.

Top Bottom