• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Mercenary |OT| No allegiance, no honour, only money

Hanmik

Constant disconnects for me even after the patch . Anyone here tested the multiplayer .Quite honestly I started around 30 games since yesterday ,finished 2 :/
fibre 94mbit connection.

I have had zero problems with mp. Connect fine, and I can even play in my bedroom where my wifi is really bad.

kriskrosbbk

I have had zero problems with mp. Connect fine, and I can even play in my bedroom where my wifi is really bad.

strange mate ,didnt have any issues with the beta,but its quite frustrating now with the retail copy .How many games have you played approx.?

That is fucking nuts. It needs an '8gb required' sticker or something. I'd better delete MGS HD and NFS to make room.

I kinda like it though. The game demands respect.

That's for the downloadable copy though. But yeah; that's crazy-large, and the version on the PS Store should carry some sort of 8GB minimum card size warning. I guess you can't play online without downloading the patch first? Not sure how these things work.

Autofokus

That's for the downloadable copy though. But yeah; that's crazy-large, and the version on the PS Store should carry some sort of 8GB minimum card size warning. I guess you can't play online without downloading the patch first? Not sure how these things work.

You're right, you can't play MP without the patch installed. I tried it.

Hanmik

strange mate ,didnt have any issues with the beta,but its quite frustrating now with the retail copy .How many games have you played approx.?

8-10 I would guess.. But I did have a game where the game crashed while I was on the waiting list just before a match started. And once the host had problems and we all got disconnected because of that, but never had problems connecting to a game.

Still trying to wrap up KZ1 and start Liberation before this drops. Man OG KZ is a real POS at times. Helghast start becoming noob tubers like bad, and your squadmates are completely useless. And the checkpoints make no damn sense. Its like GG literally forgot to insert them at times.

kriskrosbbk

8-10 I would guess.. But I did have a game where the game crashed while I was on the waiting list just before a match started. And once the host had problems and we all got disconnected because of that, but never had problems connecting to a game.

yeah me too , I jump in a game without issues ,the problem is once inside.After 4-6mins I get disconnected because ".... loss of connectivity"

Xater

Constant disconnects for me even after the patch . Anyone here tested the multiplayer ? Quite honestly I started around 30 games since yesterday ,finished 2 :/
fibre 94mbit connection.

No issues on my end either. Sounds more like it is related to your setup.

I was told my embargo ends tomorrow 9 am GMT+1.

Still trying to wrap up KZ1 and start Liberation before this drops. Man OG KZ is a real POS at times. Helghast start becoming noob tubers like bad, and your squadmates are completely useless. And the checkpoints make no damn sense. Its like GG literally forgot to insert them at times.

Yeah, I bought it on PSN for I think £5.40 a couple of months ago, and played it to completion. I had quite positive memories of it from the PS2 version, but I really didn't like it upon replaying. Technically it still felt like it needed a lot of work (I swear, it has no improvements over the PS2 version), the controls were twitchy and imprecise and in the wide-open outdoor areas the draw distance is just horrible. On the other hand, I thought the level design was generally good, the AI was pretty good and I like the overall premise, the art and technological design. Overall it's not a great game, but I'm glad the series has improved since then.

hymanator

It's crazy how much space this game takes up. I prefer to have digital copies of games for the sake of convenience and portability, but it sucks when you constantly have to delete things out of your library to make room. You would think Sony would make more money if they sold their memory cards at a loss so people could actually buy digital games. It would be like going to a grocery store that doesn't allow shopping carts and only allows hand baskets. Seems like I have no choice but to get the physical copy.

Cudder

So, Amazon.ca has it for 35.99, which I assume is the cheapest we're gonna find in Canadaland? It also still has a September 17 release date, which is odd..

Aiii

So not worth it
For a patch called 1.0.1 and being only "Stability and performance improvemants" it sure packs a punch at 1190 MB. That's a third of the entire game lol.

Thank god the Vita is quick about downloading data compared to the PS3 heh.

For a patch called 1.0.1 and being only "Stability and performance improvemants" it sure packs a punch at 1190 MB. That's a third of the entire game lol.

Thank god the Vita is quick about downloading data compared to the PS3 heh.

That must have additional assets in it. If those assets will translate into playable content remains to be seen.

GregHorrorShow

Neo Member
The patch might have fixed this but thought I'd flag it up in case anyone here encounters this.

I got stuck on the Valor Card screen earlier - game was still running but I couldn't get beyond that screen. Restarted the game and it took me straight to the Valor screen again - not even the main menu came up.

Only way to remedy it was delete and reinstall the game. Which took about 3 hours as the wi-fi here isn't great.

This was pre-patch though (and was something people flagged in the beta) so hopefully they have got rid of that bug.

very excited to get my copy next week!

Feel like playing a little Killzone Liberation until then. Has anyone figured out how to get Chapter 5 working on Vita???

Danneee

Ok, I had high expectations on this game going in but just two minutes into the first level it really surprised me just how awesomely good they made this game look.
The Vita sure is one powerful little handheld.. Can´t wait for a real GT game on it.

bLaiSe

I still can't believe that I just bought the game for half price. And it supposed to come out on friday haha! What's even better is that I'm on holiday for the rest of the week.
It's a DD though, had to make some room for it. Goodbye Soul Sacrifice. :(
I hope it's not just preloading... That would be depressing.

whats wrong with it? i was thinking of getting liberation for vita never played it before

There was a patch that added on multiplayer and a 5th chapter to the campaign. However, the game fails when you try and update it. Cant make a connection to the now offline server. For the PSP you could just find the files online, dump them to your memory stick and then run the update patch from the games area. On the Vita you don't have access to the file system, so you can't manually place the patch and run the update.

So it comes down to, I've never seen anyone get the patch successfully applied on the Vita and really hate having an incomplete Killzone Liberation on my Vita. Does anyone have a trick to get it to patch?

There is no way of getting Chapter 5 on Vita, I asked Guerrilla about it.

Did they tell you why?

Do you think that there is any way to convince them to make it compatible?

Wish they would just patch it into the game that you download from the store so you didn't even have to worry about updating the game yourself.

bLaiSe

Did they tell you why?

Do you think that there is any way to convince them to make it compatible?

Wish they would just patch it into the game that you download from the store so you didn't even have to worry about updating the game yourself.

They didn't.
Let's start one of those twitter movements lol.
If it wasn't on a website or the Vita could load it in it's own browser you maybe could download it but I don't really know.

Oppo

That's indeed a big Patch fellow GAFfers.

Slightly offtopic but – it's kinda funny how you always use the phrase "fellow GAFfer". Like every time.

I don't mind but I certainly notice when you're around, it's like your version of "would you kindly..." ;)

B.O.O.M

Slightly offtopic but – it's kinda funny how you always use the phrase "fellow GAFfer". Like every time.

I don't mind but I certainly notice when you're around, it's like your version of "would you kindly..." ;)

That's the The_Monk's thing :D he does it always

They didn't.
Let's start one of those twitter movements lol.
If it wasn't on a website or the Vita could load it in it's own browser you maybe could download it but I don't really know.

Even if you could download it then you still need to run it and I don't know if the Vita would let you do that. I kind of want to try and see if there is a way to hack the original UMD dump and integrate the files, but that might be beyond my expertise. For such a high profile franchise of Sony's and for a new portable game in the franchise coming out, I don't get why this was never addressed.

Spazznid

Anyone using this grip? Planning to buy one as well.

1fPOcPil.jpg

Works great for me, I'd like to try a Hori, but this one is good enough. No hand pains, so far.

Top Bottom