• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Mercenary |OT| No allegiance, no honour, only money

krioto

Can you tell us the size of the bubble after patch install?
I'm curious about the physical versions.

4607MB - this is with no game saves as does not unlock for me until 6/9

Nothing special, the game was marked on the shelf for $44... perhaps it was a mistake I don't know, but that's what it was for me in North Sydney.

hmmm - i work in Nth Syd - but already pre-loaded digital (UK store) so I'll continue to wait

madmackem

I thought this was meant to be playable today for the psn version? Mine has a start date of the 6th now when you look at the information bubble.

mandiller

Bought the game at the shop and now it's downloading a 1.1GB 'patch'. Ugh. I bought retail so that I could free up space on my memory card... What does the patch include that needs to take up that much space?

1,2GB (119xMB, last digit depending on the size of your current savegame).

Well, bye bye space on my 16gb card... Sony need to seriously lower the price of the 32 gig ones. When I can pick up a micro sd 32 gig for £19, Sony can get bent asking me for £56. One day they'll realise it's costing them game revenue...

But damn I can't wait for this game! Loving the beta

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Update taking a billion years to download. Weird, I normally get good speeds.

Game was $54 for me at JB Hifi in Garden City, Perth.

i-zombie

Neo Member
I pre-ordered the R1 version and was expecting it next week, but my game shop just phoned me to say the R3 version is in TODAY and I can switch if I want! Woohoo!

Xater

Looks like I am not an outlier with my opinion of the game. Guerrilla Cambridge did an excellent job with this game. Not only did they create a great fps, but they really thought about what platform they are developing for. This has me very excited for whatever they might be working on next. I hope Sony keeps them on the Vita, the system needs it.

GYNGA

Lowest reviews so far:

NowGamer - 55/100
VideoGamer - 60/100
EGM - 65/100
Joystiq - 70/100
OPM UK - 70/100

It currently sits at 77 at Metacritic -_-

after playing the beta, it makes my desire of wanting to play shadow fall even stronger. i guess mercenary will have to last me till all the ds4 + killzone heaven. ordered one of those assist grip on ebay thanks to vitabros' info, because the vita is not comfortable to hold for this game.

Hanmik

my review..

http://translate.google.dk/translat...1-spil/318-anmeldelse-killzone-mercenary.html

95/100 I fucking love this game..

Killzone Mercenary is a nice refreshing bid on a handheld FPS games, there are many hours of gaming pleasure (if you take pleasure in killing a lot of virtual opponents) in the game, even for those players who do not bother playing online. Mercenary is ultimately perhaps just "yet" a typical FPS games, but this is a thoroughbred FPS games on a handheld console. Guerrilla Cambridge has delivered a magnificent example of a FPS game that you can take with you everywhere in your pocket, if you own a Vita and miss a game that shows what this console can do, then do not miss out on this game. Do you not have a Vita because you miss a reason to own one, then Killzone Mercenary certainly this reason.

Xater

Lowest reviews so far:

NowGamer - 55/100
VideoGamer - 60/100
EGM - 65/100
Joystiq - 70/100
OPM UK - 70/100

It currently sits at 77 at Metacritic -_-

There are some very low scores in here that I fail to understand, but it's their opinion so it's fine.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
No review from me for a few days. Here's some screenshots instead.

2013-09-04-15374195u9n.jpg

2013-09-04-1704363iunp.jpg

2013-09-04-171129mbulc.jpg

2013-09-04-17413243u1s.jpg

Disappointed with the Metacritic aggregate scores. Some reviewers are pointing out the game is not quite up to the AAA standard of the console games. The same criticism was leveled at Assassin's Creed Revelations and Uncharted Golden Abyss; but what can you expect for $40 on a console with such a small install base?

I think it's a damn fine game for a portable platform and the best shooter on Vita yet.

Top Bottom