• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Mercenary |OT| No allegiance, no honour, only money

There was a patch that added on multiplayer and a 5th chapter to the campaign. However, the game fails when you try and update it. Cant make a connection to the now offline server. For the PSP you could just find the files online, dump them to your memory stick and then run the update patch from the games area. On the Vita you don't have access to the file system, so you can't manually place the patch and run the update.

So it comes down to, I've never seen anyone get the patch successfully applied on the Vita and really hate having an incomplete Killzone Liberation on my Vita. Does anyone have a trick to get it to patch?

There is no way of getting Chapter 5 on Vita, I asked Guerrilla about it.

Oh, that's a bit shite. I bought Liberation a few months back; I wouldn't have bothered if I'd known it was incomplete.

Oh, that's a bit shite. I bought Liberation a few months back; I wouldn't have bothered if I'd known it was incomplete.

Yup, always found it odd that the plot never really ends at the end of Ch4, but really comes to a conclusion in Ch5. And then why they wouldn't patch it into the game for Vita?

Aiii

So not worth it
Anyone using this grip? Planning to buy one as well.

1fPOcPil.jpg

Just got one on ebay, I was cramping up after 3 deathmatch games.

bLaiSe

I don't know if difficulty affects the hacking minigame but the first serious hacking
where you first meet the scientists
held me up for like 15 minutes. Had to wrap my head around it after the MP minigame. It was quite annoying and I was high so that didn't help either.

Got it yesterday so a few impressions from mission 1:

• Took me 45 minutes with a bit of exploring. Apparently I only found half of the intels in the level. It'd take you probably half this time if you just went and bulldozed through it.
  • Hacking is seriously hard. You have to be super fast. Probably just takes some getting used to.
  • Level was surprisingly open-ish. Its not completely linear. You can explore a couple of different paths, look for intels etc.
  • Game is challenging. Playing on normal but died a few times already - especially nearer to the end of mission 1.

nampad

Finished the first mission in about 30-35 minutes. Really feels like a full blown console experience.
Died at the first explosives charge, didn't think I had to use multitouch to activate it :)
Unfortunately, you can't deactivate auto aim, which I totally hate. Playing on normal right now, maybe that's the problem.
Also it seems you can't skip the mission briefing and intro. Just restarted a mission and had to watch everything again.

The_Monk

I wonder if someone is trying to buy this game on PSN and it only have a 4GB Memory Card.

They would not be able to get the game with that patch mentioned earlier right fellow GAFfers?

That water animation when rappelling down. 0/10

Seriously though, game looks incredible and I really hope similar games are made for the Vita in terms of quality and graphical capabilities. Wish I was playing it this week but alas, one more to go. Gives me time to play Rayman and suffer through Rome II's technical issues. How big is it? I'll be buying the retail copy but I'm just wondering.

nampad

Ran into a bug were I couldn't shoot anymore until I left to the system menu once.
Hacking is harder than expected, which I like. Getting intel is also pretty difficult.

Three missions in, I am really enjoying the game. Presentation isn't top notch (e.g. Uncharted) but still good, even by console standards.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Embargo ends in four and a half hours. My review won't be up for then, but I figure most should be. Regardless, here's a picture.

2013-09-03-172322fjue8.jpg

nampad

Wow, just wow. The game just got better since level 4. Mission and encounter design as well as the pacing are great. Gunplay is so much fun and using the vanguards is nice.
Changed up my loadout pretty late to vary my playstyle a little bit. I am not sure about the black market system, it's a cool idea but on the other hand I prefer picking up weapons from enemies to change up the gameplay more often. Also you can abuse it for some encounters easily by restocking your vanguards.

Big problem is that I am already on level 8 after 4 hours of playtime. Levels are more around 30 minutes long. Quality is great though and I know the replayability is pretty high. Still, I guess the playtime may be an issue for some.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
To those who got the game early, or are in the EU etc, does the game require an online pass?
Someone posted it earlier that there's no online pass for retail, but there is for digital.

I hope they're right - as I'm about to head out and pick up an AU copy for my US account :p

Just bought my copy, downloading the patch now. Got given a Helghast Sackboy Keyring with my purchase. :)
FYI my copy is the Australian version, and it contains NO slip to enter a code for an online pass.

Ollie Pooch

Just bought my copy, downloading the patch now. Got given a Helghast Sackboy Keyring with my purchase. :)
FYI my copy is the Australian version, and it contains NO slip to enter a code for an online pass.
Thanks for this confirmation. Off i go!

nampad

There seems to be a bug when you leave the game to the system menu. When you try to continue your game it won't register any controls input and freezes the picture.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Someone posted it earlier that there's no online pass for retail, but there is for digital.

I hope they're right - as I'm about to head out and pick up an AU copy for my US account :p

I can confirm there is NO online pass for the Digital Download.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Metacritic of 3/100. Worse than Superman 64.

Gives more reason to purchase it.

Sony will try to get rid of it by putting all copies in a desert a la E.T.

Getting two copies now!

Ollie Pooch

haha me too, thats what i was waiting for, seen anywhere cheaper than EBs $53?
Big W with $48, but the online store seems sold out and can't say whether that's also instore (Do they even have vita stuff instore?) So, JB or EB it is !

Oops, beaten.

Also, just looking at the name so often has made me realise how awful it is. It always reminds me of Bonestorm.

dallow_bg

nods at old men

Can you tell us the size of the bubble after patch install?
I'm curious about the physical versions.

Top Bottom