• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Mercenary |OT| No allegiance, no honour, only money

In anticipation of Mercenary's release next week, what's the best Vita "grip" accessory? I've been having a blast with the beta but it destroys my hands like nothing else on the system has.

I have the Vita Hori Grip, and I love it! It pretty much feels like a PS3 controller. Unfortunately, Amazon does not have it on sale anymore, but you may be able to find it locally at GameStop, Best Buy, or online on eBay.

YomommaZ

op.jpg

Binabik15

Can I play MP on my UK account if I buy a copy froma German shop or do I have to import a UK money card and then get it digitally?

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
If this doesn't sell well, I'm going for all of you, VitaBros.

Yes, you. This looks awesome and it's the AAA people have been waiting for.

Can I play MP on my UK account if I buy a copy froma German shop or do I have to import a UK money card and then get it digitally?

Yes, Vita game cards are region free, so you can play it on your UK account.

Edit: Oh, you were only asking about MP. I don't know if the game uses online pass. Can anyone with the game already confirm?

lights

I have the Vita Hori Grip, and I love it! It pretty much feels like a PS3 controller. Unfortunately, Amazon does not have it on sale anymore, but you may be able to find it locally at GameStop, Best Buy, or online on eBay.

I have the Hori Grip too, the only thing I dislike is that the handles can be a little loose?

The other thing is that it left two tiny scratches on the left and right side of my Vita's silver frame but it's not really a big deal as they're small and I don't intend to take the grip off.

nampad

We don't know the BLES/BCES codes so no way anybody can know it. Probably, the versions are different.
Why not buy some UK credit online on ebay or one of the many key shops?

No Love

Banned
So if i mport this into the US can i play with my fellow Americans when they get it? Or will I be stuck playing with UK players?

Can't wait for this game! I think the OP needs to mention the fact that Valor Points are transferable from single player to multiplayer and vice versa.

lFcorDd.gif

We need a .gif like this one that says: "We're up all night to make valor points!"

with the faces of Arran Danner and Blackjack and two other people xD.

Preordered, thought for some reason it was coming out tomorrow in the us lol oh well. Hope everyone picks this game up so more like it can be made.

nampad

So should I go for the Blackjack's Briefcase or ISA LMG preorder? (buying digital)

I would go with the ISA LMG one because it seems the weapon is exclusive. The briefcase just gives you an Valor boost for 48 hours and money to start buying equipment with, which can be earned later anyway.

Just played the beta for the first time. Mightily impressed by the graphics. I'm not great at multiplayer shooters (aside from Halo 3) anyway, but I sucked and I don't think the controls helped, but it wasn't bad.

I think whether or not I buy this will depend on the single-player.

Eh, who am I kidding? I'll buy it anyway.

coughlanio

I would go with the ISA LMG one because it seems the weapon is exclusive. The briefcase just gives you an Valor boost for 48 hours and money to start buying equipment with, which can be earned later anyway.

That was my thinking. So has it been confirmed that the ISA LMG is exclusive to preorders and can't be unlocked?

If you own a vita and you don't pick this game up you need to retire your vitabro card. It's a very accessible game for everyone ranging from jrpg lovers to those hardcore player who love declassified.

nampad

That was my thinking. So has it been confirmed that the ISA LMG is exclusive to preorders and can't be unlocked?

There is no confirmation I am aware of. On the Playstation blog a developer replied to someone asking why the weapon is a preorder bonus that there are plenty of other weapons to use.
I also didn't see it in the beta so I would guess it is exclusive or at least some sort of DLC.

Mannnnn. Really tempted to pick up a Vita purely for this game, but if I'm to be perfectly honest with myself, it will end up being a stupid purchase in a couple of months, seeing as it's the only Vita game I'm interested in.

bLaiSe

In anticipation of Mercenary's release next week, what's the best Vita "grip" accessory? I've been having a blast with the beta but it destroys my hands like nothing else on the system has.

Do you like the feel of the Dualshock 3? Then go for an Assist Grip. I have a few grips for my Vita but this is the best. It might be pricey but believe me it's worth it.
I'd also recommend some concave analog caps, they help at aiming a lot.

bjscott05

Can't wait to get this game!

I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of DLC is planned. I have a feeling 6 mp maps is not going to be enough...

It shouldn't, Sony have been abandoning that practice recently.

I don't mind the online pass myself. When you think about it, a game's servers are usually shut down after a few years, sooner with a portable game. So if you purchase a used copy in four or five years, chances are, online pass or no, you won't be able to play multiplayer anyways.

And for folks planning on playing multiplayer now, well, buy a new copy to support the developer. Online passes with retail releases is better than just having straight up digital releases so used sales are eliminated. It's a good compromise, I think.

But in any case this is a discussion for a whole new thread.

Robertto

Neo Member
I don't mind the online pass myself. When you think about it, a game's servers are usually shut down after a few years, sooner with a portable game. So if you purchase a used copy in four or five years, chances are, online pass or no, you won't be able to play multiplayer anyways.

And for folks planning on playing multiplayer now, well, buy a new copy to support the developer. Online passes with retail releases is better than just having straight up digital releases so used sales are eliminated. It's a good compromise, I think.

But in any case this is a discussion for a whole new thread.
no its important because my vita PSN account is US but im in australia, and if i buy an austalian copy, the online pass wont redeem on the US PSN. thats all.

It shouldn't, Sony have been abandoning that practice recently.

how so? the last of us had one, any more recent sony game not have it?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Do we know if this game has cross-region multiplayer? I'm getting the Japanese version on Thursday but am a bit afraid that the online mode will be barren if it's region-limited.

oggob

how so? the last of us had one, any more recent sony game not have it?

I'm not 100% and perhaps I am reading into it too much, but that was one of the things that came out of E3, Sony weren't going to do online passes for PS4 games. Obviously, we now know why this is the case, but my assumption would be that other 1st Party titles would also be exempt as it would look odd to have 2 different systems in place.

As for your example, The Last Of Us was released around E3 and again assuming that it wasn't bound by the statements during E3.

EDIT - Added link.

Darien

There was no online pass downloaded when I downloaded my pre-ordered digital copy last night. So, I'm guessing it's not needed.

Top Bottom