• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Mercenary |OT| No allegiance, no honour, only money

bjscott05

Man, I can't connect at all after the second patch. Didn't really have problems with the first one. Already closed the game, turned of vita, etc...still doesn't work.

krioto

I had no issues connecting to multiplayer over the weekend - much better.

but this morning has been rubbish - get internal error; kicked due to connectivity; and the game shut-down with an error report as well.

fix this shit GG

krioto

Connectivity was better last night.

I finally got the killing machine trophy, so just 2,000 kills left until platinum.

great game

Genuine 'fix this shit, GG' qualm (albeit small):

Make the swipe direction for the melee counter random, just like it is for the player initiating the attack. If I'm smart enough to get the drop on someone or realize that I can "cheese" the encounter by pressing triangle first, rather than shooting - exploiting design is a skill, after all - how is it fair that I'm the one who has to go through the mental and finger gymnastics when all they have to do is swipe up like a madman? Is there some balance they've implemented here that I'm just not observing?

krioto

Genuine 'fix this shit, GG' qualm (albeit small):

Make the swipe direction for the melee counter random, just like it is for the player initiating the attack. If I'm smart enough to get the drop on someone or realize that I can "cheese" the encounter by pressing triangle first, rather than shooting - exploiting design is a skill, after all - how is it fair that I'm the one who has to go through the mental and finger gymnastics when all they have to do is swipe up like a madman? Is there some balance they've implemented here that I'm just not observing?

Agree - although I've found swiping right to left like a madman as soon as I've grabbed them after the initial swipe (i.e. to initiate the killing stab) works well - have not been countered since I started doing it.

Agree - although I've found swiping right to left like a madman as soon as I've grabbed them after the initial swipe (i.e. to initiate the killing stab) works well - have not been countered since I started doing it.

Haha. That is cheese upon cheese. Awesome. I'll have to give that a go.

krioto

Haha. That is cheese upon cheese. Awesome. I'll have to give that a go.

Yes, it works well.

Another day, another complaint regarding connection issues. Last night was fucking shit; kept getting the following errors:

- You were kicked for lack of connectivity
- Internal error - over and over again, even restarted game multiple times and the Vita a few times

Finally after about half an hour, got connected, and stayed playing with the same group for about an hour.

OK GAF, I caved and bought a Vita with this. The GoldenEye comparisons sent me over the edge. Realistically how big a memory card should I buy for the Vita? Not necessarily this game specifically, but in general?

Cudder

This 10k kill trophy tho....

I've played the game for about 30 hours and have just about 6k kills. Just need that trophy and the 100 multiplayer games one. Good lord.

krioto

How're you doing it?

I'm just playing as normal - single player contracts (I think chapters 4, 5 and 6 seem to have the most enemies). I trip all alarms to bring more out as well!

and online. Not trying to rush it, as I enjoy playing the game.

Darien

Just downloaded the digital art book. Very cool, make you appreciate the game even more.

10449455845_0d8c46bdbf_c.jpg

Suirrad

Bought this from a fellow GAFfer last week and have been playing in my downtime and just thought I'd chime in with my opinion.

First off, this game looks GREAT! Im talking real good and I graphics aren't even that big a deal to me. As soon as I turned it on and started the first mission i said wow (a few times). A lot of attention to detail in many areas makes it very appealing to the eyes.

Now, I've never played a KZ, so I was kinda jumping in blind but I must say that KZ:M is already one of my favorite Vita games already. Once I got used to the controls (which are mapped pretty well BTW), I immediately noticed how fun this game is. Gyro aim is awesome (as it was in Uncharted), the guns are a blast to use (especially shotty), and the missions are great so far.

I love the different objectives for each level. It really gives it a lot of replay value as you figure the best strategy for each one. As someone stated a few pages back, I too pretty much memorized the first level while doing the different missions and am really taking my time and enjoying each one. So far ive beat each one on the first level with atleast silver (normal) and Ive done the base missions for the next 2.

I haven't tryed multiplayer yet as I wanted to make sure I was used to the controls and general feel of the game, but I definitely plan on sinking much time in multiplayer soon enough. I'm really hoping the online community holds up well because from what I've read here, it is very fun.

tl;dr: Looks great, plays great, IS great. This is easily a top 3 best Vita game for me. And I have a lot of em :p

krioto

Just downloaded the digital art book. Very cool, make you appreciate the game even more.

10449455845_0d8c46bdbf_c.jpg

i logged into post the exact same thing. it really is great, and each pic has a nic explanatory blurb conveying th ideas behind the level, characters or weaponry.

I've been getting disconnects today and yesterday. Haven't had any problems since launch but since yesterday I rarely can stay connected over the course of a whole multiplayer match....

krioto

Finally got the Platinum on Sunday!

I realised that I had not downloaded Blackjack's briefcase DLC, so am only now getting the x2 XP.

Binabik15

That feel when you play MP for the first time besides beta, are the best on your team in all the (three) games you play, not even knowing the maps, and the only one doing anything to get points and lose to a team that has tripple or quadruple your points.

I hate the shitty arms dealer loadout stuff. I have s o much stuff unlocked from SP, but the premtch time is over before i cn equip it in all my slots. All my hate for you, Blackjack.

Looks like team balance is still broken as hell, high level valour cards against three Jokers and a Three. Lulz. Getting mowed down by people in ballistic armour and the three shot gun while you wear standard equpment, even though you have all that yourself ;_;

So, a round fully jacked up, killstreaks a ton, but last in my (winning) team because ai did longe ronge support and shot people in the legs from half a map aways so others could interrogate them or get their cards. Feels...conflicting.

lord pie

I hate the shitty arms dealer loadout stuff. I have s o much stuff unlocked from SP, but the premtch time is over before i cn equip it in all my slots. All my hate for you, Blackjack.

You can access the arms dealer from the main multiplayer menu, before you join a game.

Binabik15

You can access the arms dealer from the main multiplayer menu, before you join a game.

Yeah, I found that out once I left MP, I imediateky geared up. Still can't kill for tge life of me without my St-52, though.

I'm stuck on the Justice For All Demo contract, third ammo crate. I was in the room with the intel about Bennoit, now the AI guy wants me to go to save Grey, but I have to get the last crate first. There's nowhere left to be searched IMO, I freed tge hostages, everything. Opposite the room where Grey is held there's another room connected to the room with the ontel terminal, the door has a red light bulb and blood splatters on it...but it doesn't open. I can't drop down into it from the level above with the MGs, I can't access it from the intel room...halp.

And yes, I was looking under tge stairs pn the far side of the building, nada.

Google/IGN says that the crate would appear once I enter another room, but nothing so far.

Yeah, I found that out once I left MP, I imediateky geared up. Still can't kill for tge life of me without my St-52, though.

I'm stuck on the Justice For All Demo contract, third ammo crate. I was in the room with the intel about Bennoit, now the AI guy wants me to go to save Grey, but I have to get the last crate first. There's nowhere left to be searched IMO, I freed tge hostages, everything. Opposite the room where Grey is held there's another room connected to the room with the ontel terminal, the door has a red light bulb and blood splatters on it...but it doesn't open. I can't drop down into it from the level above with the MGs, I can't access it from the intel room...halp.

And yes, I was looking under tge stairs pn the far side of the building, nada.

Google/IGN says that the crate would appear once I enter another room, but nothing so far.

In the room with the second crate there is a door off to the left under the seats, right by where you go down off of the steps at the start. Go in it and there is a sub-level with the crate in it.

Yopis

Still playing this time to time online game is great. Only frustrating thing lately are the amount of snipers everywhere but that's every shooter at times. Who is still playing? Have had no issues getting full game since patch seems better about spawn also. Maybe it's just me though.

Binabik15

In the room with the second crate there is a door off to the left under the seats, right by where you go down off of the steps at the start. Go in it and there is a sub-level with the crate in it.

Damn, didn't see that at all, thanks.

The game is so satisfying. After getting Grey the enemy wave and bam-bam-bam shotgun headshots, melee, saving my ass by getting to the MG and killing the last three guys. Veteran is sooo good.

I only wish the LMG was better, I suck with it in both SP and multi.

I now have only the Spangled and Blood Bank trophies left. Looking at my current kills and the likelihood of anybody using the tranquilizer without me getting killed/being saved, I think I'll be satisfied with 97% completion.

Massa

I now have only the Spangled and Blood Bank trophies left. Looking at my current kills and the likelihood of anybody using the tranquilizer without me getting killed/being saved, I think I'll be satisfied with 97% completion.

I've had that happen to me more than once quite easily, just make sure you're playing Warzone and eventually someone will hit you with a tranq dart and get killed by a teammate before they can interrogate you.

I dunno bout ya'all but my connection with KZ M has been crappy as of late. Before the patch, it was easy to get into a match. Now, so much problems. What'd ya do GC? :C

rCIZZLE

How is the online play/community currently? I'm thinking of picking this up to get my Killzone fix since I probably won't be getting a PS4 anytime soon.

Top Bottom