• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King of Fighters XIV Roster Discussion thread. Leaked roster in first post

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
12932766_10205801359145523_1213982420398467329_n.jpg

Lol, I thought Kyo had a Zeon symbol on his jacket for a moment.

I'm so hyped for this game!

grendelrt

The REAL HOT RYU/O(TM)

For reals though people can bitch all they want about Ryu still being Ryu, SNK don't gotta follow it too =_=

With this being the first entry with their new 3D models I just want my characters to look like themselves. I didnt particular like the angry face Ryo XIII model myself.
Ryo_sprite.gif

BadWolf

At least he looks less orange now and is back to being blonde.

Gameplay-wise he is based on his XIII version so far, hope he has more moves (the leaping karate chop is a must).

I didnt particular like the angry face Ryo XIII

I loved it personally, reminds me of Meier Link from Vampire Hunter D.

TreIII

Count me in with the crowd that's glad that Ryo's hair doesn't look like a bunch of clay bananas.

Anyway...amazing trailer. DAT GEESE.

Loona

The REAL HOT RYU/O(TM)

For reals though people can bitch all they want about Ryu still being Ryu, SNK don't gotta follow it too =_=

Be glad we are not getting a Ken transformation.

Capcom are the ones following, Ryo had a beard and dropped the top of the gi for a black t-shirt back in FF Wild Ambition for the PS1...
I'm sad that SNK has barely reused that design since, but hey, 3D opens possibilities...

Tizoc

Count me in with the crowd that's glad that Ryo's hair doesn't look like a bunch of clay bananas.

Anyway...amazing trailer. DAT GEESE.

Clay Bananas would be an IMPROVEMENT
I rather don't mind the polyester doll look for the cast, but it just looks like the safest 3D models I've seen in years XP

TreIII

Clay Bananas would be an IMPROVEMENT
I rather don't mind the polyester doll look for the cast, but it just looks like the safest 3D models I've seen in years XP

Well, on the bright side, hopefully that's what EX/DLC outfits will be for.

I mean, the only thing I'm disappointed about, when it comes to Geese, at least, is that sweet white business suit we saw in that one "service overview" snippet thing from weeks ago isn't his new default. But ah well, probably will be one of his EX's.

Tizoc

BTW looks like Thunder Break was made into a different super now? I keep forgetting it is the move he did in the Wild Ambition intro and that it predates Gouki's KKZ by a year X3

With this being the first entry with their new 3D models I just want my characters to look like themselves. I didnt particular like the angry face Ryo XIII model myself.

Ugh I hated Ryo's 13 sprite.

Personally, I don't get why almost everyone misses the sprites on both KOF XII & KOF XIII. They're very overrated, & some of the characters didn't look like their usual selves from KOF '94 to KOF XI (for pete's sake, look at characters like Ralf, Clark, Athena, Yuri, & Takuma/Mr. Karate!).

Those same time consuming, costly, 480p 2D pixelated sprites that lead to no character interactions/special intros, a lot of missing special moves, etc. & almost bankrupted SNK Playmore as a whole.

I'm glad that they ditched them altogether.

It's funny to me just how much Ken's new look seems inspired by Wild Ambition Ryo

FFWA_MrKarate.png

And yet somehow Ken turned out bad and Ryo is awesome.

I would've loved if they put in older Ryo from NGBC as a compromise though

2545293-portrait-28.jpg

Look at that handsome stud! <3

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Best trailer so far.
Made by SNKP for SNK Fans.

And yeah that Joe stealth reveal.

Scotia

Banned
I'm still laughing at the two second Joe reveal. I watched the trailer twice when I made the thread and I got really confused when people were telling me Joe was in the trailer haha

BadWolf

I'm still laughing at the two second Joe reveal. I watched the trailer twice when I made the thread and I got really confused when people were telling me Joe was in the trailer haha

Ditto, good show SNK.

Master trolling aside, Joe's design refresh is pretty nice.

BadWolf

Interesting thing to note is that they seem to have applied a new effect to the game, Ryo's fireballs (both regular and super) light up the floor underneath.

Robert's, King's etc. fireballs didn't do this in the previous footage we have seen.

Yeah I really like how he looks.

This was the best shot I could get for the trailer thread

Thanks, I was hoping they would do something a little more with him and this feels just right.

Scotia

Banned
Interesting thing to note is that they seem to have applied a new effect to the game, Ryo's fireballs (both regular and super) light up the floor underneath.

Robert's, King's etc. fireballs didn't do this in the previous footage we have seen.

Thanks, I was hoping they would do something a little more with him and this feels just right.

I think it's his face for me. I didn't expect it to look so...normal haha

Top Bottom