• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King of Fighters XIV Roster Discussion thread. Leaked roster in first post

Ce5RDVEUkAANvPd.jpg:large

deceased

MattXIII

SNK are really getting into a groove with these teaser trailers, shit is lookin' gud

Just need a release date, I'm assuming shortly after EVO

SNK are really getting into a groove with these teaser trailers, shit is lookin' gud

Just need a release date, I'm assuming shortly after EVO

I would rather let them take their time & polish the game even more as well as to get the netcode running properly with lots of content. No need to rush this out & become another SF V debacle; That's the last thing that we need to happen.

Amedo310

It just came to me that Geese might have an overhead that hard knockdowns which he can OTG grab his opponent just like Daimon 98. I really hope Daimon gets overhead back.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

Maxima and a Dino star in new crossover project!
April 1st is a a day of dashed dreams

The funny thing is this quality of lighting would look really good in XIV, haha.

Zerojul

The funny thing is this quality of lighting would look really good in XIV, haha.
Between this and the Ryo/Geese/not Joe trailer I really like the way they're marketing their game right now. Funny and clever stuff that raises the hype a little bit more every time.

TreIII

Dammit, I love it!

Indeed, whoever is in charge of marketing and maintaining a multimedia presence is aces.

BadWolf

Already posted this in two threads but I think it's worth it to do so again:

Apparently Neo-G (Hidetoshi Ishizawa) has left Capcom and joined SNK.

As found by MMCafe's Loona, it is also mentioned on his facebook page. He left Capcom in January of this year.

The dude has quite the resume. DMC, MVC (MVC3 battle director), SF (director of 3rd Strike), Darkstalkers etc.

This is a huge get for SNK and the first news of a Capcom employee jumping ship (he worked there for over 20 years) instead of just an ex-SNK dev returning.

Dammit, I love it!

Indeed, whoever is in charge of marketing and maintaining a multimedia presence is aces.

I never, ever expected SNK to at any point be this good about promoting a game and interacting with fans. Loving this.

I think this is going to shape up to be a great game. The most recent trailer has me especially excited! GEESE!!!!

Can't wait for the Joe reveal. Always love playing him.

zenpuff

Neo Member
This and PSVR with Rez are becoming two very big reasons for me eventually getting a PS4 to be honest.

But now I'm sad because I want a new King of Monsters game :(

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
HEY GUYS WHAT IF NEO_G IS WORKING ON GAROU 2?

Anyone knows Japanese here? Scoop them tweets man!

Scotia

Banned

As found by MMCafe's Loona, it is also mentioned on his facebook page. He left Capcom in January of this year.

The dude has quite the resume. DMC, MVC (MVC3 battle director), SF (director of 3rd Strike), Darkstalkers etc.

This is a huge get for SNK and the first news of a Capcom employee jumping ship (he worked there for over 20 years) instead of just an ex-SNK dev returning.

Me right now:

pig2PMi.gif

TreIII

Hot damn.

Sad for the sake of Capcom fighters/DMC, but definitely a fine acquisition for SNKP.

Gimme that Samurai Spirits directed by Neo_G. My already exasperated heart couldn't take it...!

What a time to be alive. Yeah, I know it's April 1st, but to see them really going all in with their trailers and fun promotional bits like this. It just makes me so happy to see.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
So I just noticed that I have yet to see glaring clipping issues.
The "lower" animation framerate the game has probably really helps here; SNKP is animating in a very 2D-like style, and it's paying off with a lot of the dynamic physics and the overall suggestion of movement, to me. Even things like Geese's Hakama top, wraped around his waste, are doing more to suggest motion, rather than break that suggestion by magically clipping through his waist constantly.

SFV does a great job with some things (Karin's skirt, Chun Li's loincloth-like tassels), but they move in a way that looks separately smooth than the characters, and it creates a disconnect between the motions at times. XIV is at a half-point between Xrd and SFV, but I like some of it better, because I just don't like the way ASW animates all the time. I like their sprite-based GG more, ever since BB, they seemed to have lost some flow in the details.

What a time to be alive. Yeah, I know it's April 1st, but to see them really going all in with their trailers and fun promotional bits like this. It just makes me so happy to see.

It makes one feel like they're actually enjoying their jobs, which feels very.. arcade-y. This is the SNK(P) that I love, the one that is having the time of it's life, just having fun, with a surprising bit of self-awareness.

YES! thats the best stance and maybe give him those gloves and ankle braces

I think the reason they keep avoid this stance is because it doesn't really work well for transition into normals, or even other moves. It'd be nice if her went back to it for his Mr. Karate II stuff though, since he'd be so strong in that point, that he could afford to be a bit less stoic.

I'd love to see them mess around with Yuri's stance in his place, until then. I could really see her in this stance all the time:
yuri-energy.gif

yuri-ryo.gif

Sayad

Really hate those flags, they stand out more during gameplay(crappy ass cloth animation). Only thing that looks bad in the stage:
iaccLfR.jpg

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
We seem to get more screens when they get closer to trailers. Also, they seem to like to have screens of the previously-released characters. Less characters were formally intro'd than normal in GEESE-U's trailer, so they might be spreading them out a little.

If we get a trailer this Thursday, I wonder if we'll get a tease image before it? "Doesn't that Fan look Familiar?" "That puff of hair looks like Benimaru's! But... Darker..."

Shun

Just to clarify the event will be at the e-sports square in Akiba with setups with a 24 playable character exhibition open to the public between 6PM to 9PM.

You get free promotional stuff yes.

If anyone is in the area that evening you can go attend to give impressions of the build.

Sayad

Well they are giving away fans at the event
It's would be fitting to reveal Mai at a live event, can't imagine another character getting more reaction from the crowd, except maybe Rock at an NA event. Capcom crowd need their CvS2 characters.

BadWolf

So the characters they are revealing are pretty much in full playable form when shown, very nice.

That's almost half the cast available in that build, hopefully we will finally see some direct feed match footage.

SNKP with an OFFICIAL TWITCH CHANNEL? These words make sense, but are so foreign, it's shocking, lol.

Yeah, had to do a double take there lol.

Top Bottom