• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King of the Hill appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ЯAW

Banned
0ToNf4n.png

Yep, mhmm, I do declare.

Gilbert was such fun character :)

ЯAW

Banned

Great episode, filled with awesome quotes.

0hVM3qB.png

BOBBY: Dad, you and your white people stole hundreds of thousands of acres from John Redcorn, and now you celebrate by frying a turkey? Whem does the killing end?

iV8RRan.png

BILL: Hank, you're terrible.
HANK: I am not --
DALE: Just give him his land back, Hank.

Hank: Bobby, don't use the word "rape." It's not polite.

ЯAW

Banned
Watched Sug Night. Ok episode, nothing special. Dale trying to toaster fry Hank was funny. I noticed some subtle details that makes KotH so amazing. Hank's body language during conversation with Redcorn is a good example. These little things adds much to a character.
bbeXwz3.png

Tomorrow's episode will be Flush with power. One of the best KotH episodes. Time to see Hank filibuster the boarding zone.

It's still on directv channels all the time, almost every day. I just set my dvr to record them and I have tons of episodes, I hate not watching them in order anymore though =[

Good news!

Adult Swim is going to return with the 9:00/8c slot, with an episode of KotH and Cleveland Show. I wish Cleveland Show would be wiped from the planet, but at least we get an episode of KotH.

And if you plug your cable info into Adult Swim Watch there's a revolving 5 episodes or so that seem to switch over by the month. Better than nothing.

I miss this show.

I wish they would make new episodes.

It seems like so very long ago was the finale :(

I guess ever since then the only "new" king of the hill was that bit on family guy where hank wakes up and says he never knows if the family can understand stewie.

The episode where Peggy hires a bunch of actors to help her sell a house is on and Hank and the guys are forced to watch the game in the bedroom but why don't they go to Bill's or Boomhauer's? They're both single. This show is bullshit.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
I miss this show.

I wish they would make new episodes.

It seems like so very long ago was the finale :(

I guess ever since then the only "new" king of the hill was that bit on family guy where hank wakes up and says he never knows if the family can understand stewie.

I was so desperate for more king of the hill that I went and tried to watch bevis and butthead, a show that I hated.

I turned it off after 10 minutes.

aett

The episode where Peggy hires a bunch of actors to help her sell a house is on and Hank and the guys are forced to watch the game in the bedroom but why don't they go to Bill's or Boomhauer's? They're both single. This show is bullshit.

Haven't seen that episode recently, but my guess would be: Bill's house is filthy and smelly and they probably don't want Bill to think that watching games at his house is a viable option because then he would get weird any time they DIDN'T watch games there. Boomhauer's house is designed specifically for him to seduce women, so Hank feels extremely uncomfortable (and possibly the others - at least, Bill would be reminded of his crushing loneliness).

Sanjuro

I was so desperate for more king of the hill that I went and tried to watch bevis and butthead, a show that I hated.

I turned it off after 10 minutes.

Nonsense. The new season of Beavis and Butthead was spectacular.

Like King of the Hill, B&B had a great evolutionary factor as the series progressed.

Every bump is a painful reminder that this show was yanked off of netflix. I will not hesitate to make a new thread once it reappears.

seriously. Every bump I get my hopes up on some news of it returning to Netflix.

I gave bob's burgers a shot. Doubt I will ever watch it again.

Been doing futurama. I like futurama, but it's no King of the Hill.

I gave bob's burgers a shot. Doubt I will ever watch it again.

Really? I was an adamant hater on Bob's based on the first episode or so. But I gave it another shot due to all of the praise GAF gave it, and did not regret it. Once the characters grow on you, everything just clicks. While the humor isn't identical to KoTH, the writing, story and characters are some of the strongest ever to grace the fox block. Some of the plots are so clever and well written, it makes the lack in quality from the Simpsons and Family Guy all the more apparent. It hits different highs than KoTH, but is an extremely acceptable replacement. Which episode did you watch, out of curiosity?

I recommend starting with Burger Wars (should have been the first episode), then Spaghetti Western and Meatballs. Then give Burger Boss and Bad Tina a shot from season 2. If those don't hook you then maybe the show isn't for you. Hulu has Season 4 available too, lots of strong ones in that set. These are just my recommendations though, I'm sure others may have different eps you should start with.

Really? I was an adamant hater on Bob's based on the first episode or so. But I gave it another shot due to all of the praise GAF gave it, and did not regret it. Once the characters grow on you, everything just clicks. While the humor isn't identical to KoTH, the writing, story and characters are some of the strongest ever to grace the fox block. Some of the plots are so clever and well written, it makes the lack in quality from the Simpsons and Family Guy all the more apparent. It hits different highs than KoTH, but is an extremely acceptable replacement. Which episode did you watch, out of curiosity?

I recommend starting with Burger Wars (should have been the first episode), then Spaghetti Western and Meatballs. Then give Burger Boss and Bad Tina a shot from season 2. If those don't hook you then maybe the show isn't for you. Hulu has Season 4 available too, lots of strong ones in that set. These are just my recommendations though, I'm sure others may have different eps you should start with.

By giving it a shot, I mean I watched the entire two seasons that are there lol.

But I doubt I will ever watch it again, didn't really care for it.

King of the Hill was my go to cartoon to have running in the background when I am doing stuff like reading for class or cooking or what not. I haven't found a replacement for it.

By giving it a shot, I mean I watched the entire two seasons that are there lol.

But I doubt I will ever watch it again, didn't really care for it.

King of the Hill was my go to cartoon to have running in the background when I am doing stuff like reading for class or cooking or what not. I haven't found a replacement for it.
Ah, gotcha haha. The Office (s1-5) is my background show now.

I bought the first two DVD sets cheap second hand. what's the last season they made?

Sixth.

120v

it seems the show's had a cult resurrection. i don't know if it has to do with being on Adult Swim or what, but i remember when it was winding down not that many people really cared. i only knew a handful of fans. but today the internet is full of hank memes, people recite lines by heart, ect.

i'd like to think there'd be more... but its kind of a miracle we got 13 seasons of this type of show to begin with... in a time slot pre empted by football games half the time, no less. so it had a good run. but still, it'd be nice to still have around.

ЯAW

Banned
We need a petition to bring back KOTH to Fox. I'd rather have new episodes of this than any of that stuff they have now. Bob's Burgers? Family Guy? Blegh.
Show already took dip in quality and I really don't want another Simpsons on our hands. Not to mention without Brittany Murphy there is no Luanne.

Also Bob's Burgers is freaking fantastic!

ЯAW;98273900 said:
Show already took dip in quality and I really don't want another Simpsons on our hands. Not to mention without Brittany Murphy there is no Luanne.

Definitely a slight dip in quality for the later seasons although I thought the last season had some amazing episodes.

krpiper

Is this going to appear on that Fox streaming app later this year with the Simpsons?

If so that is probably why they pulled it from Netflix?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom