• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Psxphile

I think this one should be self-explanatory:

DIZ9lkGUQAEw3IS.jpg:small

I hope we won't have to wait long for the same treatment on Global.

Psxphile

Ah, I don't speak Japanese... What do those numbers say...?

I'm only lv.297 right now. So, I can wait a little bit. lol
It's just stating that starting in mid-September, the level cap will be raised.

Figures. I just used all of my avatar coins yesterday to complete as many boards as possible. >_>;

Same, only I did it last month. I used all those accumulated avatar coins to completely clear every avatar board node, even for the gender I'm not using.

Sölf

I probably still have several coins left, but I also bought quite a few boards a few weeks ago. I am still not done, but well, yeah. I probably don't have that many coins left. And knowing the power creep, I somehow wouldn't be suprised if new nodes would cost 30 coins each or something.

Skittles

Wonder how pets will be balanced for global(if at all). Since we get the same features as JP roughly within a week of release. New levels are cool, finally working towards something during raid weeks

Razmos

Yeah the lack of VIP is awful. Considering how much they try to empty our wallets you'd think an incentive like that would be top priority for them

deanote666

What are VIP coins used for anyway in JP? Special avatar boards?

I currently have over 400 avatar coins after finishing all of the boards of both genders.

I currently have over 400 avatar coins after finishing all of the boards of both genders.
Yeah you get coins for pulling and you can spend them on exclusive avatar boards. They've shown screenshots of it in the global version but never actually added it.

Psxphile

can't save for ex seph because I keep pulling on these gem banners someone help

Yep. They have exclusive avatar parts and other prizes you can unlock with the VIP coins you only get from certain 10-pulls. They're permanent, so there's no rush to complete them and when you finish one another will unlock, and so on. The first board that's offered has mirrors, gems and brooms as nodes to unlock. When you unlock everything on the board, you get an FMB. That's a pretty nice side bonus for pulling 10 medals, don't you think?

I can only assume that subsequent boards contain more of the same, but it's hard to find info on the net about how many VIP boards there are and the prizes they have. Though I should probably note that as you go along, the node cost and the amount of coins you need to complete a board increases until you get to the point it'll take multiple 10-pulls (which give you 10 VIP coins per pull when advertised) to finish one board.

Man, I guess Coliseum is just going to be extremely brutal from now on. I'm at round 207 in tier 14 and I'm only 1689th. Enemies are at level 778 now! I'll probably need to advance 100 more rounds or something to make the threshold.

I'm probably guaranteed to make it to the top 2500, but that doesn't net me an extra ABIV & Lux+. >_>

EDIT: I'd probably be able to get much farther than that if all the easy enemies weren't Power ones. My main damage dealers are Speed medals (HD Ventus and a copy medal on Starlight, which gives me -7GDD). I may be able to make it there, but it's going to be cutting it close.

deanote666

Thanks for the response on VIP coins!

Man, I guess Coliseum is just going to be extremely brutal from now on. I'm at round 207 in tier 14 and I'm only 1689th. Enemies are at level 778 now! I'll probably need to advance 100 more rounds or something to make the threshold.

I'm probably guaranteed to make it to the top 2500, but that doesn't net me an extra ABIV & Lux+. >_>

EDIT: I'd probably be able to get much farther than that if all the easy enemies weren't Power ones. My main damage dealers are Speed medals (HD Ventus and a copy medal on Starlight, which gives me -7GDD). I may be able to make it there, but it's going to be cutting it close.

I hear ya. Been stuck at round 539 since the 2nd. I was in the top 100 till the 22nd. I'm currently in 170th place. Stuck on the level 1109 Morning Star and Cannon Gun.

My main damage dealers are a boosted HD Namine and KA3 on my DR 35.5 keyblade.

My buffs/debuffs after all medals are used are: +5 PSM str, -5 PSM def, -5 def, +7 str. If only I could get extra attack on 0.2 Kairi...

deanote666

Anyone else notice they changed the bear head "hair styles"? NOW they look dumb...

Hopefully the Hades cup will take more than 5min to complete this time...

CRS

What does "No continues" mean? Just that you can't use the jewel continue function? If so, it's just more proud quests, lol.

Correct. With so many Defensive medals released lately on top of DB4, the only way I see the final rounds getting difficult is if they add a 1 or 2 turn objective and/or enemies with low hit counters.

Psxphile

E7CbUIz.jpg

the spoils of war

EDIT: what JP got that one time
DIhsFx9V4AAdzKs.jpg:small

'one magical stone' is probably Moon Stones (read: Moon Gem) but we're not quite there yet

seems that way
though to be honest we haven't seen him wield one yet
there's some ambiguity due to circumstances, please understand

Read as: They're making it up as they go along.

As for Hades Cup:
Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/iyvNQjR.png[/IMG]

This, plus a friend HPO w/ Extra Attack was needed for round 15. Attacked the Dual Blade w/ HPO twice, then used 0.2 Kairi, then single attacked the Dual Blade w/ iK2 and Vex, used Ven-Van to kill the archers in one shot, then just used every special from then on.

Both HPOs and Vexen need Extra Attack, and you have two multi-target medals to kill the archers, else you're screwed. Also, have at least two DBs, they'll need to proc almost every hit.

Famassu

Read as: They're making it up as they go along.

As for Hades Cup:
Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/iyvNQjR.png[/IMG]

This, plus a friend HPO w/ Extra Attack was needed for round 15. Attacked the Dual Blade w/ HPO twice, then used 0.2 Kairi, then single attacked the Dual Blade w/ iK2 and Vex, used Ven-Van to kill the archers in one shot, then just used every special from then on.

Both HPOs and Vexen need Extra Attack, and you have two multi-target medals to kill the archers, else you're screwed. Also, have at least two DBs, they'll need to proc almost every hit.
Hey, I have most of those medals! Vexen even with Extra Attack. :O Though I have no medals as good for (reverse) AOE attacking as yours. -_-

Hey, I have most of those medals! Vexen even with Extra Attack. :O Though I have no medals as good for (reverse) AOE attacking as yours. -_-

I mean, just use your best AoE attack medal. It's not like the buffers are supposed to be the ones dealing damage.

Also, you can substitute Vexen B with PTR (Pooh & Tigger & Rabbit). They are also single-target attackers, so that's extra helpful for dealing with counters.

CRS

Correct. With so many Defensive medals released lately on top of DB4, the only way I see the final rounds getting difficult is if they add a 1 or 2 turn objective and/or enemies with low hit counters.
Why did I have to be right? Fucking Archers with status effects.

FinalAres

So I'd like to play through this purely for the story. Can I get through it without paying any money, or if I do have to pay money should I be alright with £20 ever? I wouldn't want to pay more than I would if this had been a non F2P handheld game for example.

Also how long till the meat of the story. Does it take ages? How long would it take to get through?

Sorry for lots of questions :(

Sölf

So I'd like to play through this purely for the story. Can I get through it without paying any money, or if I do have to pay money should I be alright with £20 ever? I wouldn't want to pay more than I would if this had been a non F2P handheld game for example.

Also how long till the meat of the story. Does it take ages? How long would it take to get through?

It takes ages. The games logo doesn't even appear until you beat quest 300 (which also has the first real boss battle). It gets better past that, but it's still not much story.

You can definitly get by without paying. I paid maybe 40€ so far over the course of 400+ days (played since EU release last year). You just have to accept that you won't be able to beat the hardest content offered, but the story itself, with very few roadblocks, should totally be doable.

Also, said "roadblocks" may not even be that hard nowadays, since we can get much better medals and have stuff like guilt, Nova and Traits which we didn't have back then (looking at you, Cerberus).

c-murph

6,000 free jewels? Hell ya. My jewel supply went down to 1,500 because I bought all the jewels... :S

Only one Speed gem though...

Edit: Oh... I take back what I said about 6,000 free jewels.... Made it to Round 14. :(

Munti

Yes, the story mode is very easy and can easily be played through without spending money (and without doing side contents)

However, there are so many quests you have to beat in the story mode and you will be rewarded with only few story contents and cutscenes. But later on, it gets a bit better and more interesting. I can imagine it can become quite tiresome to go through all the quests in one beat.

We are now at quest 665 and for 1 quest u need roughly ~0.5 - 3 minutes.

Lnds500

How the hell do you get past round 10 in the hades cup?

I am trying to turtle it but the heartless just removes all my buffs after a while

Psxphile

Fucking Cloud @ Round 12. He has insane DEF. Gonna see if my iAnsem + Darkgnaw set-up helps against him.

How the hell do you get past round 10 in the hades cup?

I am trying to turtle it but the heartless just removes all my buffs after a while
Brute-forced it in two turns w/ Lionheart +35 and the following medals: iKairi2 w/ DB3, Kairi 0.2 w/ SC2, Ven-Van, max guilt KH3 Sora EX w/ AB4max and max guilt/-60% DEF ground/aerial iHSora w/ AB4. Friend medal was a max guilt/-60% DEF ground/aerial Key Art 10 w/ AB4max. The target heartless was the least of my concerns, that one goes down quick. The other two are the real problem. DB3 multi-proc saved my ass on the first enemy turn.

Razmos

Beat tier 15 of the Hades cup after many attempts.
Round 14 was pretty fun in the way you had to focus on the healing monster first while buffing your defense and having a battle of endurance until it died. She was easy to beat once the healing cat was dead. Vexen B was insanely helpful here.

Round 15 was not fun. Hate the archers. It's really hard to kill them in only 2 attacks when one of them is a buffing move. I had just enough power to kill the sleep inducing one (easily the most dangerous) but it was very reliant on RNG, sometimes I'd kill it but most of the time it would be left with a sliver of health. Once the archers were down I died to the rat trio who do insane damage, but second chance II activated and I managed to stay alive from then on using Hayner&Pence&Olette (My own with extra attack, and a friend one with extra attack) and defense boost III on my 0.2 Kairi.

Really happy to have beat it, woo

After fiddling around with it, I managed to come up with a winning strategy for round 15. Unfortunately, it requires a bit of luck and I ran out of AP lol.

I should be able to do it, though. Once those archers are gone I should have little trouble surviving.

c-murph

Beat tier 15 of the Hades cup after many attempts.
Round 14 was pretty fun in the way you had to focus on the healing monster first while buffing your defense and having a battle of endurance until it died. She was easy to beat once the healing cat was dead. Vexen B was insanely helpful here.

Round 15 was not fun. Hate the archers. It's really hard to kill them in only 2 attacks when one of them is a buffing move. I had just enough power to kill the sleep inducing one (easily the most dangerous) but it was very reliant on RNG, sometimes I'd kill it but most of the time it would be left with a sliver of health. Once the archers were down I died to the rat trio who do insane damage, but second chance II activated and I managed to stay alive from then on using Hayner&Pence&Olette (My own with extra attack, and a friend one with extra attack) and defense boost III on my 0.2 Kairi.

Really happy to have beat it, woo

Beat Round 15 finally. Took a bit of fooling around with Lv.35 Starlight. Kairi 0.2 and Sora III EX kill the Archers then it was just HD Nams, HPO (Extra Atk), Orchestra Sora (Extra Atk) that kept me going. Then friend KH Bonds/Begin/Sky.

Beat Round 15 finally. Took a bit of fooling around with Lv.35 Starlight. Kairi 0.2 and Sora III EX kill the Archers then it was just HD Nams, HPO (Extra Atk), Orchestra Sora (Extra Atk) that kept me going. Then friend KH Bonds/Begin/Sky.

I just got my own strategy to work with +35 Fenrir. First round, I used 0.2 Kairi, defense buffers, and Cloud EX to kill all but one of the archers, who would then put me to sleep. Then, I needed to survive the enemy round. After that, I used a friend's KHIII Sora (which had a Ground Enemy Defense -60%) to defeat the remaining archer, then die and get revived with Second Chance II. Once all the archers are gone, it's just a matter of spamming all my specials.

I had to spend 26 mirrors to get Cloud EX to max guilt in order to kill the paralyzer archer, but it was definitely worth it.

Top Bottom