• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Famassu

Yeeeah, gonna try getting at least Sora KHII avatar board instead of spending one more jewel on the Seph EX banner. Guaranteed DBIV, ABIV Max and ABIV Max +SPG is far better deal for the jewels.

I just did enough for a mercy, was hoping for 0.2 Kairi (didn't get it lol). But I really needed an AOE 2 tier def debuffer. On to the next banner!

Credo

Yikes. Watching content like this makes me feel justified in my decision to quit playing a while back.

I'm getting close to that. I feel left behind power-wise and can't progress nearly as far in content as most people posting on here, and with more stuff coming out to play, I can see me dropping this within a month or two.

Lnds500

Just saw a youtube video of a guy spending 99,000 jewels and not getting a single Seph EX, so yeah, I think I'm good for 1 pull and then stopping. That's absolutely absurd.

If only he'd spent half of that on the falling price deal some weeks past. He'd be set for months.

Sölf

I'm getting close to that. I feel left behind power-wise and can't progress nearly as far in content as most people posting on here, and with more stuff coming out to play, I can see me dropping this within a month or two.

Eh, you just have to accept that. I mean, I miss out on most of the Union Cross Medals because it's to much farming. This results in, for example, me only getting to round 6 in the Hades Cup, but it's still something. I at least still have enough fun with the game to play it for the story and try to get a somewhat good score in HSC or some Coli rewards.

Wasn't seph ex medals a decent drop rate on jp? It's like 1.5% or something. So with 10 medals it's like 15% chance of getting one?

Not how statistics works, it still comes out to a 1.5% chance overall.

Anyways, I can now fill everyone in on the outcome of my 20 pulls.

Got HD Sora at max guilt w/ Extra Attack and Ground Def Down.
Tifa & Aerith at max guilt w/ Extra Attack and STR+. (This one almost redeems no Seph EX)
Bunch of new tier 4s and 5s.
A LOT of other guilted medals, raising my nova from ~760 to 821.
About 50 fodder medals left over after maxing units, gonna keep them for pets.

Skittles

I mean, he spent those jewels very stupidly. I hope he realizes that you can pull an infinite amount of times on that banner and not get seph ex.

Wasn't seph ex medals a decent drop rate on jp? It's like 1.5% or something. So with 10 medals it's like 15% chance of getting one?
Yeah, JP like doubled the rate of a normal EX I think. We'll find out the rate in about a week from reddit for our banner.

In reality, you would have only had to pull from 3 banners this year to stay meta relevant for a long ass time. 0.2 kairi, copy KA, and tsums. If you guilt stuff from each of those (except 0.2 kairi) you'll be set. Then you can save your jewels for the manga medals who ignore/add on to hit counters. People say tsums are outdated because of seph ex, but good luck pulling him lol.

Munti

I don't play competetive. But if you just play a bit and don't try to be the top player, you can catch up quite good. The game offers many times event-medals, that let you catch up. And normal medals in pulls are getting better with time. I don't even try the colliseum or to guilt event-medals, but I don't feel left behind. But in exchange I don't expect to have a high rank.

Of course, also having good luck with pulls is a factor.

Sölf

Scraped together a few more jewels to buy at least one of the boards. Now I have 20 jewels left. :p

Well, still over 100 proud quests left, so I can get over 3000 jewels from there. Hopefully I will finish the speed gem mission tomorrow, then I can finally upgrade Divine Rose to +35. But knowing SENA we only get all 3 gems at the final mission which I probably won't even reach and even if I do that it's probably a level 800 Black Copter Fleet + 3 other copter fleets which I can't kill anyway.

Famassu

Sooo, Top 10 000 in this month's Coliseum is pretty much mandatory if one wants to stay competitive in the next 1-3+ months (until they offer DBII Max through avatar boards or something).

Azuran

Banned
5 pulls and nothing but trash. And the sad part is that I don't feel anything considering I wasn't expecting anything else.

If this wasn't a Kingdom Hearts game I would have dropped it a long time ago. I'm missing so many "essential medals" because the rates in this game are absolute trash. I can't even crack the top 10k in events nowadays.

Psxphile

Has there been... any plot progression... at all?

Yes and no. We're finally getting into the Season 2 content that JP has had for months now. There's progress, but don't expect to understand completely how or why it's happening. Meanwhile, your player character is going around completing seemingly filler missions where not much happens.

Lockon

Super casual player here...Got question about Nova level...Does guilting a medal that I guilted before give nova level?

Psxphile

Super casual player here...Got question about Nova level...Does guilting a medal that I guilted before give nova level?

Nope. The game keeps track what medals you've guilted and will only give levels for previously-unguilted medals. That also means you can sell guilted medals (like the Tier 1 and 2 medals... and preferably already maxed ones) and not have it affect your Nova level.

Famassu

I would advice against selling any medals in this game. You never know when they'll come up with some new feature that any & all medals can be good for.

Psxphile

I would advice against selling any medals in this game. You never know when they'll come up with some new feature that any & all medals can be good for.

When storage is at a premium you have to make tough decisions. That being said, I won't be happy if it turns out guilted Tier 1 or 2 medals will be useful for pet-raising.

Famassu

When storage is at a premium you have to make tough decisions. That being said, I won't be happy if it turns out guilted Tier 1 or 2 medals will be useful for pet-raising.
That's why spending 2000 jewels everytime there was a sale on storage was a good idea in the long run.

Azuran

Banned
I guess a couple of my pulls weren't a complete waste in the end. I managed to get this which should really come in handy. It's not what I wanted but it should help a bit.

IxixQ0vl.png

Time to use some mirrors.

Farsi

I got Master Ava today and the hype is real. Easily one of the most useful EX medals in the game.

Amazing for raid bossing, and bound to be amazing for Hades cup going forward.

pariah164

After the disappointment of the EX draws in the NA version, I downloaded the JP version.

12700 Jewels...

Is this what joy feels like?

I got Master Ava today and the hype is real. Easily one of the most useful EX medals in the game.

Amazing for raid bossing, and bound to be amazing for Hades cup going forward.

After the disappointment of the EX draws in the NA version, I downloaded the JP version.

12700 Jewels...

Is this what joy feels like?

I'm glad you guys have seen the light. If you need any help with JP i'd be more than glad to be of assistance.

What would be a good medal for DB 2 Max if your 0.2 Kairi already has DB4?

It is actually debatable whether it is worth it to replace a DB4 with DB2Max. DB4 reduces damage to 12.5% some of the time, while DB2Max would reduce damage to 33.3% all of the time.

Personally, I would only use Defense Boosts for medals that you're expecting to use to tank damage, so the two recent Union Cross defense medals would be ideal, but I already put a DB4 on both of them.

So... I think it would be best to wait and see, at least until you can get your hands on a spare DB4.

EDIT: Actually, based on how probability works, it may indeed be best to replace a DB4 with DB2Max. Let's say that an enemy will deal 5 hits to you that will do 3,000 damage each. DB4 will, on average, activate twice as you get hit, while DB2Max will activate for each hit. So, here's some mathing to go along with it:

With DB4: 375+375+3000+3000+3000 = 9,750 damage
With DB2Max: 1000+1000+1000+1000+1000 = 5,000 damage

Even if you have two DB4 medals equipped, the average amount of activations for 5 hits will be around three, so you still take over 6,000 damage. It seems that a consistent Defense Boost is better for virtually every situation.

Just one question: Which banner should I draw from?

The Ava banner is best. Ava is currently one of the best medals in the meta and having her would be great. Sora and Riku AKA THE BOYS are good and all but since there's a chance to pull them from Ava's banner, you should just stick with the Ava banner.

pariah164

The Ava banner is best. Ava is currently one of the best medals in the meta and having her would be great. Sora and Riku AKA THE BOYS are good and all but since there's a chance to pull them from Ava's banner, you should just stick with the Ava banner.
Two draws so far, no dice. I will level up some and get some more keyblades before I draw again. How long does the banner last?

Farsi

You just started right?
Honestly you should just keep restarting accounts until you get Ava ex.

I restarted several times when sephiroth ex came out and it was very worth it.

Pariah do this. It'll give you a massive head start in the game. I too did it for Seph EX and it was so worth it.
Since there are two EX banners you may want to keep restarting until you get both within those 4 draws. Sora/Riku EX is a damn good medal too.

Skittles

Oh man, I really don't get the mentality of saving for literal months and then blowing it all on something that isn't even guaranteed and then getting mad about it when you don't get it. I've seen people do over 100 pulls and get no seph EXs. Guarantee you an actually good banner will appear next week (either tsums or falling price tier 5s).

In general though, I think EX banners in JP and NA need to implement pseduo-random pull rates on the EX medal (i.e. the chance to get it goes up with every pull, going up by 0.5% or 1% would be best).. Would fix so many issues while still being quite the money sink.

Farsi

Ah... I already registered with my Twitter account... :T EFF.

No problem Pariah, super easy to unlink your twitter. Go to settings, click on twitter then make sure this is highlighted

7TL9gqr.png

Then click on the red button.

Rmz6tpm.png

It'll restart to the home screen and boom your twitter is unlinked. So you can start the rerolling process if you want.

pariah164

No problem Pariah, super easy to unlink your twitter. Go to settings, click on twitter then make sure this is highlighted

7TL9gqr.png

Then click on the red button.

Rmz6tpm.png

It'll restart to the home screen and boom your twitter is unlinked. So you can start the rerolling process if you want.
Oh thank goodness. Thanks.

So, do I then just delete the data and reroll?

Oh man, I really don't get the mentality of saving for literal months and then blowing it all on something that isn't even guaranteed and then getting mad about it when you don't get it. I've seen people do over 100 pulls and get no seph EXs. Guarantee you an actually good banner will appear next week (either tsums or falling price tier 5s).

In general though, I think EX banners in JP and NA need to implement pseduo-random pull rates on the EX medal (i.e. the chance to get it goes up with every pull, going up by 0.5% or 1% would be best).. Would fix so many issues while still being quite the money sink.
I knew it was risky to pull, but I didn't know that it was going to be as bad as it is lol..

Pariah do this. It'll give you a massive head start in the game. I too did it for Seph EX and it was so worth it.
Since there are two EX banners you may want to keep restarting until you get both within those 4 draws. Sora/Riku EX is a damn good medal too.

Getting both ex medals might be a bit much for 4 draws. Would take a lot more rerolls.
Should bare minimum just get an Ava ex.
I would restart if I didn't have such good medals and 2 boosted seph ex. Wish I was that lucky on global
:(

Oh thank goodness. Thanks.

So, do I then just delete the data and reroll?
I deleted the game, then reinstalled. Each reroll took about 30 minutes from my experience cause of the redownload and tutorial quest.

Idk if there is a better or different way. Think it's the only way.

pariah164

I deleted the game, then reinstalled. Each reroll took about 30 minutes from my experience cause of the redownload and tutorial quest.

Idk if there is a better or different way. Think it's the only way.
Ick. Well, it's fine. I'll listen to Sidewalk Slam while I play.

EDIT: Been at it for ~20 minutes. In the download hellhole.

EDIT 2: Draws done. Two Praise The Sun Terras, a Hades, and a Status Bonus Namine were the good stuff. Good, but not what I need.

Top Bottom