• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King's Quest |OT| Heir to Stay?

Heartfyre

Where can it be accessed? I bought the version with the epilogue and got the 1.06 update but I can't see where in the game it can be played.

I downloaded the patch and downloaded the Epilogue from the PlayStation webstore (which was labelled as Chapter 5 on my PS4), and I see nothing in the game informing me of any epilogue.

Very strange altogether.

Ultimadrago

Rather than re-install for the short piece, I just watched it on Youtube. It's a really sweet ending. I'm not sure if they'll be able to find the means to make another full adventure continuing from there, but I'd certainly give it a shake.

RetroMG

Very short but it's sweet to see where the series could go, if they so choose to continue it.

Yeah, I was annoyed in the beginning, but by the end I was pretty into Gwendolyn's story with
Girlchaka and the Dragon. (I know she had a name, but I'm blanking on it.)

I would play a second season centered around Gwendolyn, but the way the marketing for this season has completely faded out, I don't think it's going to happen, and that honestly makes me sad. Even with it's rough spots, I think this has been my favorite incarnation of King's Quest.

When this first came out I wasn't sure if I wanted to commit to the entire season, so I purchased Chapter 1, then after enjoying it immensely purchased the Season Pass. I was sure that Sierra/Activision would offer the Epilogue separately down the road (and they still might eventually), but I am bummed that I am now locked out of that content because of a purchasing decision I made a year and a half ago.

Jeels

I downloaded the patch and downloaded the Epilogue from the PlayStation webstore (which was labelled as Chapter 5 on my PS4), and I see nothing in the game informing me of any epilogue.

Very strange altogether.

Where can it be accessed? I bought the version with the epilogue and got the 1.06 update but I can't see where in the game it can be played.

On PS4, I have the update installed as well, I can't find the epilogue anywhere. I hit continue from Ch 5 but that just takes me to the credits...how do I play the epilogue??

Bastion

On PS4, I have the update installed as well, I can't find the epilogue anywhere. I hit continue from Ch 5 but that just takes me to the credits...how do I play the epilogue??

Search for Kings Quest on PS Store and then choose to se all listings and you will find it there. Don't have he direct link right off hand.

Finished it. Overall I liked the entire game a whole lot, but it's definitely uneven. What sucks is Activision sent this out to die when it clearly means a lot to the developers. There is virtually zero fanfare about the game at all.

What's in the epilogue? Having trouble accessing it

Ultimadrago

Finished it. Overall I liked the entire game a whole lot, but it's definitely uneven. What sucks is Activision sent this out to die when it clearly means a lot to the developers. There is virtually zero fanfare about the game at all.

The epilogue is
Gwen going on her first adventure
. I just watched it on Youtube. Its about 40 min. or so.

Jeels

Search for Kings Quest on PS Store and then choose to se all listings and you will find it there. Don't have he direct link right off hand.

It's not there..

0aGxenQ.jpg

cmZtSLO.jpg

Never had trouble accessing content I paid for lol...

COOLSKELETON95

Neo Member
I had a bit of a time trying to find the epilogue myself, it did end up being in the store but I know I had to do a lot of trekking around to get it.

It was definitely a cute send off, although until this thread updated I didn't even know it was out! I had to wait a couple of days as I was already away from home for Christmas.

I love that they showed Gwendolyn following in her grandfather (and father's) footsteps and the nod to Achaka was really sweet. It was short, but I think it was a nice little addition. Glad it played more like the inventory puzzles than the slidey puzzles, definitely!

It's a huge shame that this game went from being quite widely lauded (I still have the promotional poster on my wall which was being used to advertise the download in my local game store) to fizzling out to nothing. Despite some blips, it's really been a wonderful series and it's almost a bit poignant to me that it well and truly is over.

Still aggravated at no physical release in the UK but am looking forward to playing it through again in the hopefully not-too distant future.

down 2 orth

I only played Ep.1, but I know what you mean. No promotion, no internet hype, it seems like the game deserves better than what it's getting.

Top Bottom