• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kirby Fighters Z (and DeDeDe's Drum Dash Z) announced for Japan (3DS DL)

I have been meaning to spend some time with the Kirby Fighters subgame to discern if it passes as a legitimate fighting game. Have any fighting-game aficionados come to any conclusions on the subgame?

So Kirby Fighters doesn't have online or any new abilities? What's the point, then?

Might still pick it up. I did really enjoy that minigame and I wanted them to flesh it out. But...why local only?

cause you'll buy it anyway just as you proven :p it does suck that it doesn't have any online. I recently purchased kirby myself. Looking forward to playing it + the Fighter mini game. need that smash bros fix man

emb

I saw this trailer earlier, and I thought I was just seeing the minigame in the recent Kirby release. I really want to try this out! (The minigame too, but it's much more exciting when it's a full game.)

360pages

No online pretty much ruins it, I already have triple Deluxe and the two new abilities seem cool, though I can see beetle being broken.

I can see them not caring since Smash is coming soon, but I can just play the regular kirby the fighters to tie me over.

Damn, know what? Nintendo should have HAL FULLY flesh out Kirby Fighters on Wii U, use the Smash engine to the fullest (not sure if this is already, it's not exactly like Smash, too simplistic).

Like just make it Super Smash Kirby where it's not eShop or mini-game size, make it retail, and just DO Smash as HAL would have done it today had Sakurai not taken the series from them.

Know what I mean?

Edit: HEY, why not make enemies playable? Not just Dedede and Metaknight, but veteran characters like Knuckle Joe and maybe Chef Kawasaki. Spear Waddle Dee maybe?

Oh... huh, I was actually kind of hoping they'd patch Kirby Fighters in TD with more content for free, but I will keep my eye on this. Kirby Fighters is pretty fun, but despite knowing lots of 3DS users around me they don't seem to have much interest in it :p

How to make a Smash-like game by HAL Laboratory.
1. Know how Smash works.
2. Get creative.
3. Make a good Smash-like game.
4. Profit.

*Results may vary.

TreIII

I'm hoping this is the first step towards Hal perhaps taking Kirby Fighters all the way towards being a full-fledged spin-off, some day. Perhaps after Rainbow Curse.

I'd only ask that if it does happen, that a) they'll go with actually using the other Kirby characters (Bugzzy, Knuckle Joe, Dedede, Bandana Dee, MetaKnight, etc.) instead of just a bunch of Kirby clones. Oh, and netplay.

I'm hoping this is the first step towards Hal perhaps taking Kirby Fighters all the way towards being a full-fledged spin-off, some day. Perhaps after Rainbow Curse.

I'd only ask that if it does happen, that a) they'll go with actually using the other Kirby characters (Bugzzy, Knuckle Joe, Dedede, Bandana Dee, MetaKnight, etc.) instead of just a bunch of Kirby clones. Oh, and netplay.
I can understand why they wouldn't though considering it is very close to what Smash Bros already is.

Just like how there has yet to be another Diddy King Racing game, Mario Kart already has that niche.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet

The only thing about that I'd wonder is how would Kirby himself work, would he simply just be able to choose one copy power per match and basically be the same as the enemy version minus a few differences, or would he be able to copy everyone and have a leg up.

But I'd be all for a Kirby Fighter. Maybe instead of Smash they could go traditional 2D and make it like Pocket Fighters with chibi-characters.

TreIII

I can understand why they wouldn't though considering it is very close to what Smash Bros already is.

Just like how there has yet to be another Diddy King Racing game, Mario Kart already has that niche.

On the other hand, though? I could see it as a possibility, if only because it could be something that comes along to fill the gap after the Smash hype inevitably dies. Because let's face it: unless there's an extensive DLC campaign in store for the Smash 4 games for the rest of the 3DS and Wii U's respective lifetimes, their time will end and Sakurai will move onto other projects (or maybe take some time away so he can heal his arm).

And then what? Well, if you want something new and slightly different, that's where Hal's product could stand to slide in. I'd be surprised if there weren't a number of other would-be contenders trying to cash in on Smash's popularity again in the years to come after Smash4's release. A full-fledged Kirby Fighters would at least stand to be one of the better ones, hopefully!

Top Bottom