• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kitase Interview: He wants FFXII on Vita, FFX/X-2 HD tricky to port, Jp vs West games

I hated XII when I first played it because of the combat, but I'd definitely give it another go if it got an HD rerelease.

Xenoblade convinced me that that kind of combat isn't bad.

AmanoBuff

FFXII International for Vita for US audiences would be a personal killer app if I didn't have a Vita already. Right on, do it Kitase!

I'm still very skeptical about this if he means ONLY Vita. I doubt SE would approve such a port unless it:

- Is targeted to both Vita and PS3/4
- or unless the Vita version of FFX/X-2 sell insanely well.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
it's okay, I will.

My problem is them not doing a bundle. I really have no clue why Square doesn't when Konami did for MGS's "HD collection" on the same system. Just put it as a bundle on the PSN store and retail. Boom, done. But apparently they aren't doing that and I'm not paying $15-40 each for it.

AmanoBuff

My problem is them not doing a bundle. I really have no clue why Square doesn't when Konami did for MGS's "HD collection" on the same system. Just put it as a bundle on the PSN store and retail. Boom, done. But apparently they aren't doing that and I'm not paying $15-40 each for it.

They are offering a bundle in Japan. You can choose to buy the Vita versions either separately or in a Twin Pack that costs exactly the same as the PS3 version.

To really answer his question, european sensibilities are really disparate.
Rayman feels like a French game to me, for example. Just like Assetto Corsa feels like an Italian game, and insane simulations about bus driving in the DDR feel very German.

kurahador

Ya'll motherfuckers better buy FFX/X-2 HD now!!
I need that FFXII in HD/Vita glory.

Is FFX/X-2 still comes separately on Vita?

Wazzy

Banned
Yesss gimmegimmegimmegimme.

XII isn't even one of my favourites but having it on Vita would be amazing.

Zoe

Can't put my finger on it, but aesthetically there's no way I would ever mistake LBP for an American game.

shink

I never got to finish XII because I transitioned from PS2 to PS3 already. I had BC but it made the fan go crazy when playing PS2 games so stopped using it for PS2 games (and I couldn't transfer my saves across)

Takao

Banned
The FFIII 3D remake is not available on the Japanese PSN store?

"It is currently possible to play all the titles in the series up to Final Fantasy 9 on the current hardware generation, through the PS3 archives or on PC"

Final Fantasy III three dee is on DS, PSP, iOS, and Android. Not PS3 or PC.

Can't put my finger on it, but aesthetically there's no way I would ever mistake LBP for an American game.

Outside of the narrator/announcers voices there's nothing in LBP that strikes me as strictly European.

If I were to point to one game though I'd have to say "The Witcher".

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I don't care which platform it gets released on, as long as it gets released with the Zodiac content.

I know they spit out this kind of PR speak all the time, but I genuinely agree with him when he says FFX has a certain quality to it that is just not present in today's modern games. Cannot wait to get my hands on this.

kubricks

>>Today’s younger generation who grew up with smart devices now carry these devices around with them to play games whenever and wherever they want .... Even when they are in the toilet!

This man knows what he is talking about!

Squire

Banned
I know they spit out this kind of PR speak all the time, but I genuinely agree with him when he says FFX has a certain quality to it that is just not present in today's modern games. Cannot wait to get my hands on this.

It's really troubling that every word out of a developers mouth is contorted into being "PR speak" in the minds of gamers in the modern era.

AmanoBuff

This was also my favorite quote from the interview. So true. I hope a lot of people discovers these games with the HD releases.

Paskil

Man, as much as I would like to have XII on my Vita, I already have it on PS2. How about we discuss it after you bring Type-0 over?

Jubern

Great interview.

I'm double-dipping on this, as soon as the EU version comes out. Physical PS3, digital Vita, most likely.

I *could* buy the JP version since I live here but I'm just too used to the English dub of those games ahah.
And it's not like the JP dub is really much better, truth be said.

Rojo

thumb_game02.png

You mean this

tokkun

Saying that it is hard to play the PS2 games on modern hardware is false. They run well in PCSX2.

In any case, I feel fairly confident that the answer was not completely honest. The larger reason they are remaking these PS2 games and not FF7 is because it requires significantly less time and money to do so.

Hedge

I hope it means vita AND PS4. I want to play the best FF on my home console. Just like the glorious PS2 days. Golden age of gaming.

reKon

Banned
FFX was the other reason I'm buying a Vita other than Remote Play. FFXII is what I was hoping would come next. This would be amazing. I only got like 20 hours into FFXII and I enjoyed it (other than that the soundtrack)

Top Bottom