• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami is making a "New Metal Gear"

eizarus

Banned
it's a trap
Pachinko game

Start off as the Boss being brought into a war zone by chopper. Excitement levels are through the roof. You're going to finally play the legendary soldier who was the root of it all. Pachinko machine lands on the ground, meters away from the Boss. She gives a speech to all the soldiers, who unite and end the war so that they can play pachinko together. End opening scene.

• Featuring never before seen gameplay
  • 2 buttons for double the fun
  • Buy Konami Koins to win Virtual Koins
  • Witness the return of the Boss!

Arkanius

HIT THE LEVER
FIRE THE NUKE

Guys, what if Konami does make a New Metal Gear, and it's actually good?
What if the problem was Kojima all along?

WHAT IF KONAMI WAS RIGHT?

This isn't an active boycott or anything, but I see a very very low chance that I'll buy another (new) Konami game in the future

Ratrat

HIT THE LEVER
FIRE THE NUKE

There have been good Metal Gears not directed by Kojima. The thing is those staff have already left Konami years ago or have now to join Kojipro.

UrbanRats

Aside from Hideo Kojima, since Shinkawa went to his new studio, does this mean they'll also have no Shinkawa to work on MGS? Or is he going to be a freelance in that sense?

If they outsource it to some western company on a budget like they did with Silent Hill, it'll be hilarious.

Aside from Hideo Kojima, since Shinkawa went to his new studio, does this mean they'll also have no Shinkawa to work on MGS? Or is he going to be a freelance in that sense?

If they outsource it to some western company on a budget like they did with Silent Hill, it'll be hilarious.

I doubt any of the main creative staff that worked on MGS still work for Konami. No way Shinkawa will make art for it.

Ratrat

I doubt any of the creative staff that worked on MGS still work for Konami. No way Shinkawa will make art for it.

There is Ashley Wood(Portable Ops, Peace Walker) and Masao Tsubasa(Metal Gear Ac!d) though. Both are really great in their own right. Just keep it away from Platinums artists.

Let Kojima use his engine, you Konami fucks.

How exactly is it his engine?

Mind you, I love Kojima, and the FOX engine is great, but who do you figure financed that thing?

Kojima has no claim to that engine, sad as it may be to admit.

On-topic: I can't imagine this is anything more than a statement to save face in regards to investors. I will eat my hat (I don't wear one but I'll find one) if Konami actually puts out a console-level MG game.

Haunted

HIT THE LEVER
FIRE THE NUKE

Between the manner in which Kojima was fired and the post-release support for MGSV actively making the game worse, Konami's behaviour and decision making was simply unacceptable.

Given the budget and manpower, of course any experienced game development company could be able to make a good game with the IP. Konami probably won't be the one to do it with their focus on pachislot, mobile and loss of talent, but maybe they'll farm something out, who knows.

Let Kojima use his engine, you Konami fucks.
Well, that's just being ignorant of reality.

I truly can't understand why any fan of the series would like to play a MGS game (mainline title) not made by Kojima.

As I've said before, to me it would be like reading a GoT book not written by George Martin.

A spin-off like Rising could be nice though.

Ratrat

I loved the Gameboy Color game and it wasn't made by Kojima :(

I liked Portable Ops! A lot. Neither games are as complex as MGS6 would be though. That being said, I would buy mgs6 as long as it didn't look like dogshit. More TPP gameplay should be awesome.

DrZeus

If it's a aaa game they hire a aaa studio. Loan it out to arkhane or something if possible.

It'll probably be a mobile game.

myco666

There is Ashley Wood(Portable Ops, Peace Walker) and Masao Tsubasa(Metal Gear Ac!d) though. Both are really great in their own right. Just keep it away from Platinums artists.

Isn't pretty much everything in Revengeance done by Shinkawa though? Or are you referring to something else?

Gaf was do dissapointed by metal gear solid 5s story that no one ever talks about the gameplay

And I bet the snappy and responsive game play is what Konami fucks up, if they fucks it up. That to me is more 'Kojima' than anything else about the series, minus story.

Ratrat

Isn't pretty much everything in Revengeance done by Shinkawa though? Or are you referring to something else?
Surely not. But I have no idea. The game came back looking completely different and none of the characters in Rising were shown in the trailers when it was being made by Kojipro.
It's visual design is pure Platinum imo.

Top Bottom