• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku Rumor: BioShock Infinite is troubled, having issues reaching vision, cut modes

Have there ever been any overly ambitions/delayed games that ever turned out amazing? The longer Infinite takes the more skeptical I am of it's quality.

Gears of War3 was delayed from April 5, 2011 to Fall 2011. Turned out amazing. Ironically, the Gears guy is now there helping on Bioshock.

Dyno

Levine stated a while ago that getting the skyhook system running took two years. They've spent another two years working on the game itself: the levels, the combat, the assets and story. The game is a beast.

Hope it all turns out. What we've seen has been jawdropping and utterly amazing.

is there any update to this? I only recently learned that prey 2 may have been cancelled and the developers have moved onto other projects. could the same happen to this? it's been months since the last news about the game and it was absent from the big games shows. it's not looking good, is it?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
is there any update to this? I only recently learned that prey 2 may have been cancelled and the developers have moved onto other projects. could the same happen to this? it's been months since the last news about the game and it was absent from the big games shows. it's not looking good, is it?
Nope. The game is coming out in Feb 2013.

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH... i thought this WAS an update...

They very explicitly said "we will not be showing it at trade shows or publicly until we have something that is truly done and will be final game experience like". Release date has not been moved yet, so I highly doubt they are going to push it out even further.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Nope. The game is coming out in Feb 2013.
I don't think the game is going to make February. It's been far too long since we've heard anything about it for me to feel confident that it's coming so soon. I bet we'll get it by summer or something.

Jawmuncher

I don't think the game is going to make February. It's been far too long since we've heard anything about it for me to feel confident that it's coming so soon. I bet we'll get it by summer or something.

Hell I don't even think that.
Im betting Holiday 2013 AT BEST

Yeah it's this stupid notion that publishers/developers think multiplayer means that the disc with stay in the system longer. If the multiplayer sucks, it doesn't matter. More developers should invest time in implementing new game+ features. I think that would get more time investment in a single player focused game instead of tacked on multi.

Mass Effect 3 multiplayer has been nothing but awesome. We are still receiving free content for it.

Nibel

ibbgMPFFoHh2tC.gif

Rock our world my friend

Nibel

I guess I stand corrected then. Good luck on the project. I bet hours have been brutal over there lately. Can't wait to play it.

I think he made a joke which is why he left space between the first sentence and the link to the Verge story which actually confirms the February 2013 release date

Damn you Sn4ke

lantus

My memory might not be the best, but I don't remember the original Bioshock receiving a lot of updates before it came out either. Just the occasional trailer here and there.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I think he made a joke which is why he left space between the first sentence and the link to the Verge story which actually confirms the February 2013 release date

Damn you Sn4ke
Ah. I know there are a couple gaffers that are working on it but wasn't sure who.

My memory might not be the best, but I don't remember the original Bioshock receiving a lot of updates before it came out either. Just the occasional trailer here and there.
The difference here is that it went from a pretty steady stream of info to absolute silence ever since the delay to February was announced.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

Damn you Sn4ke
:p

There is a new update for our sarcasm detector available. You guys should upgrade.

It looks like Nibel is using the newest version already. <3

I'm looking at IGN's updates for the game and starting in March of 07 they were posting posting at least one video of it every month leading up to its release.

Micerider

They really need to update on the release date. Personally I'm thinking it will be Feb 2014 now.

Seeing the investment, I doubt this would be a clever idea. They need a big install base to spread the "volume" of sale they'd need to make it worth it.

Now, it should not exclude the possibility to have a ++ version for next-gen of course.

Is there a specific reason why you guys haven't showed anything from the game for so many months now or is it just for the sake of not to spoiler anything?

Ken Levine said they would not be showing the game until they have something that is resembling final gameplay experience, and can show off a nearly finished product, which is why they weren't at the trade shows since it takes out a lot of ressources to make a demo.

Ken Levine said they would not be showing the game until they have something that is resembling final gameplay experience, and can show off a nearly finished product, which is why they weren't at the trade shows since it takes out a lot of ressources to make a demo.

Let's get realistic. No way is this game coming out in 4 months. We haven't even had anyone from the media play the game and are we to believe that they are going to ramp up marketing in the next two months or so? Highly doubt.

I want the game NOW but I see another delay in it's future.

Top Bottom