• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last of us remastered coming out next week?

Moofers

I have a friend at Sony who wouldn't confirm anything for me, but gave me this answer when I brought it up: "we said it wouldn't release June 13th ;)"

That's enough for me. I'm going to bank on it being out the day of the conference. :)

Virzeth

https://mobile.twitter.com/GAMEStockport/status/469195191916965888

Tweet has been deleted. IIRC it showed a retail copy.

How do you see something like that and don't think to screencap /rehost? Tease.

errors sometimes happen

it will come out next week

Entirely unrelated, but your avatar hurts my feelings, so... would you care for a replacement?

bkfQoos.jpg

They could always just go, "AVAILABLE NOW DIGITALLY, AND IN RETAIL STARTING THIS FRIDAY!" and that'd give them the time they need to ship copies to retailers.

thats what i said in the other thread or the people that bought the PS3 digital copy gets first dibs the week of E3, and then everyone else next week

I say that because i remember some complaining here and on other sites about what would happen with people who bought digital copies of PS3 last of us.

Hmmm...the coming soon sticker on it seems to me like it's simply an empty display case. Also doesn't appear shrink wrapped.

But, I want to believe...June 13 plz

Okay, so if that is a "newer" tweet stating 13th of June, what is wrong with GAME? Not familiar with them since I live in the US, but how come they don't have their stuff under control over there? You'd think they'd learn from yesterdays *mishap*.

I still want to believe though...

Okay, so if that is a "newer" tweet stating 13th of June, what is wrong with GAME? Not familiar with them since I live in the US, but how come they don't have their stuff under control over there? You'd think they'd learn from yesterdays *mishap*.

I still want to believe though...

The date on that tweet is May 20, well before all this other stuff went down.

Nipo

I have a friend at Sony who wouldn't confirm anything for me, but gave me this answer when I brought it up: "we said it wouldn't release June 13th ;)"

That's enough for me. I'm going to bank on it being out the day of the conference. :)

Conference is a Monday night and psn usually updates Tuesday right? Seems like the perfect" it will be available tomorrow" set up with retail copies out on Friday.

It has to be June 13th

A huge retail chain doesn't waste money on advertising random release dates that they just guessed. They obviously got the date beforehand from Sony and accidentally leaked the date.

Squalor

I'm still sticking with two months.

It will come out this month, a year after the original. Or the game will come out in October.

Caode

It works for me?
JFUAsrb.png

I'm nearly certain I've seen a few of these on display in my local GAME for a few months now in the pre-order/coming soon PS4 section.

Still though, with this info over the past two days I'm willing to bet it'll be the 10th in the US, and the 13th here in Europe, so a Tuesday and a Friday just like the usual days for new releases.

Menome

you don't ship a game the week it releases

From experience, the store generally doesn't get the games to sell until the day before release. Maybe two days if you're lucky. You might get a large bunch of dummy-inserts to put in empty cases to put on shelves though, which is what I'm betting the deleted picture was.

Dunkers92

This is a display box. Sony reps, publishers and the company deliver inserts to advertise upcoming (and current) games. It looks real but it isn't.

We get hundreds of inserts delivered every week for this purpose. We've had The Order and Destiny inserts for a while as well for example

maybe Sony changed the June13th release day after it was apparent The Order wasn't going to make 2014. GAME didn't get the memo.

Thats a possible postulation.

It makes sense/

I still think they will release this Remaster this summer.

Just later, in like August, or something,

Nestunt

for me, the best indication that the game is coming out very soon was the tweet from Bruce Straley. If the game was coming out in August, I am convinced Sony wouldnt let them make such tease

Top Bottom