• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lead Developer of EA's new Black Panther game explains why she doesn't hire white people

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand how someone could feel that way.
Can't imagine someone acting on that particularly in a position of power.
I'm fucking stumped someone would just blatantly say it like that's somehow ok in any way.

Gaming for and from a diverse group of people can be an excellent thing. Thanks to her own racism she just took a giant shit all over the movement for it. Now we get to see how the broader discussion of this plays out. Going to predict a lot of people showing their ass on it.

Skifi28

The funniest thing, is we'll all be there when the game fails and the same people that were basically saying "don't buy our game if you're white" will be blaming their failure on racism. Just not their own.

Edit: What was that DC show where the protagonist was yelling for men not to watch it and after it failed it was blamed on sexism? These are the vibes I'm getting.

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

These "Black people can't be racist" folks deserve all the ire coming their way. The crazy part is I don't expect her to be fired. Black women are one of the most protected class of people in America. Free from any criticism or consequence. The late Kevin Samuels and many others talk about this all the time.

fart town usa

Gold Member
The thing that is so frustrating about this is that gaming and Hollywood were absolutely cranking out total gems for all audiences. Everything was great.

I grew up watching Keenan & Kel, Family Matters, Sister Sister. Playing games that had women protagonists and people of all colors. There are generations in America that grew up in a colorless entertainment industry and no one was being silenced. It was amazing.

We now have people cheering on segregation and pre-genocide narratives. It's absolutely disgusting and anyone investing in this nonsense should be absolutely boycotted to the fullest extent possible. Contact America First legal on X and tag Elon Musk, there are civil liberty defenders who are starting to go the lawfare route. Making these people hurt financially is the only way to end this madness.

reinking

Gold Member
If she's only hiring black people, that's based. They'll probably have more in common with each other so it absolutely makes sense.

If it's all people of color (lmao at the term), then she just simply dislikes white people.
Which I still think is a fair opinion, but that's another topic.
The law is about exclusion based on race which is exactly what she did. I hate people like her. Not because she did not hire "whitey" but because it created this narrative about exclusion. I find that counter-productive to creating the "safe" working environment she desires.

would be pretty messed up indeed if a white person said they only hired white people because they felt safer.
This. Imagine if you simply reversed the words "white" and "black" in her statement. Even black people would be calling for the firing of this black woman.

Last edited:

elco

I don't understand how someone could feel that way.
Can't imagine someone acting on that particularly in a position of power.
I'm fucking stumped someone would just blatantly say it like that's somehow ok in any way.

Gaming for and from a diverse group of people can be an excellent thing. Thanks to her own racism she just took a giant shit all over the movement for it. Now we get to see how the broader discussion of this plays out. Going to predict a lot of people showing their ass on it.

Right, you can't relate to their mindset. It should be no surprise why these people see "racism" in everything as well.

Aenima

micro-aggression?

images
Its when you slap someone with your pinky finger?

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I enjoy how, when put up to an ounce of scrutiny (and sometimes without, see: this chick) these people can't go literally thirty seconds without contradicting not only themselves, but the entire cause they're championing. Amazeballs frfr str8 fire

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
I’m pretty sure that’s illegal…at least in the states. Although I’m not sure where they are located and I don’t respect them enough to even check.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
I know it's illegal, but it shouldn't be. You should be able to hire/not hire people in a private company based on whatever you want.
This is the dumbest take I’ve ever heard in my life. Not hiring a more qualified and experienced person because they are a certain ethnicity or sex is bigotry and has no place in any kind of legit company, Private or not,

Last edited:
I know it's illegal, but it shouldn't be. You should be able to hire/not hire people in a private company based on whatever you want.

You can hire people based on whatever you want. But you cannot reject someone based only on sex, race, or ideology. This is a criminal offense in every Western country since it breaches the most basic human rights.

If you fail to understand something so simple, you have serious issues.

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

These motherfuckers took over the entire industry and they will crush it.

And I couldn't be happier. The harder they ruin everything, the harder it will be to ever again be employed, once the dust settles.
The pendulum is starting to swing and it's beautiful.

TrippleA345

Of course not all black people are like this, but the younger generation is full of this nonsense. College campuses now have black only graduation ceremonies, black only orientations, black only dorms. In universities like Harvard and MIT no less.
NO WAY HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom