• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lead Developer of EA's new Black Panther game explains why she doesn't hire white people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Bro what? As a member of the African American community we humbly apologize for this ridiculous person's behavior. I hope that everyone who sees this understands that this is not how we see the world and this is an anomaly that needs to be discarded as the refuse that it is.

Edit: Jesus fucking Christ. "The best way to be safe is to be around people that are just like me....". Holy shit balls Batman

Last edited:
iu

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Safe environment = being around people who are just like me.

What about diversity? :messenger_confused:
What if a white person said that?

Moving away from the racist point, i would never join a team that hires my coworkers using such unrelated criteria.
You should be looking for skills, commitment and solid characters.
Some people say that THIS is ok, because everything is 'whitewashed' Hell no!!

What she is saying is not diversity and it is racist!!

Actually almost every TV show, movie...........has a minority as a lead or supporting actor, Heck, even TV ads all have a diverse family.

ungalo

Is this really the EA Black Panther game ? So it was an indie game all along ? I thought it was a AAA game, they said it was open world if i recall.

I was never interested in the game anyway but now that they cancelled 2 Respawn games there's not much going on at EA it seems. Their future seems more boring than ever.

It's actually incredible that what i'm looking forward to the most is now Dragon Age 4 (not that i think it's going to be good but i'm curious).

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Bro what? As a member of the African American community we humbly apologize for this ridiculous person's behavior. I hope that everyone who sees this understands that this is not how we see the world and this is an anomaly that needs to be discarded as the refuse that it is.

Edit: Jesus fucking Christ. "The best way to be safe is to be around people that are just like me....". Holy shit balls Batman
Of course not all black people are like this, but the younger generation is full of this nonsense. College campuses now have black only graduation ceremonies, black only orientations, black only dorms. In universities like Harvard and MIT no less.

Chastten

Banned
As a white person I 100% agree with her point of view. And I have absolutely no issues with her only hiring non-white people. Just hire the people you vibe best with.

I just wished white people could say the same without being cancelled.

Last edited:

yurinka

So she is a racist.

In some countries it is forbidden to discriminate people because their skin color. This applies to white, too.

If I was EA I'd fire her, write some apology saying they don't support racism and fix the issue in the studio.

Last edited:

TheUsual

Gold Member
I’m half white, half Mexican. This bitch just triggered some shit in me that hasn’t been triggered before.

Microagressions?I don’t even know what the fuck that is. Is that some new woke speak bullshit? I look forward to her being fired/resigning in disgrace.
Microagressions have been around since sometime in the early-mid 2010s. Guess she wants to make it come back.

South Park The Fractures But Whole did have some fun with them and let you use Microagressions as an extra attack in the game.

phant0m

I’m half white, half Mexican. This bitch just triggered some shit in me that hasn’t been triggered before.

Microagressions?I don’t even know what the fuck that is. Is that some new woke speak bullshit? I look forward to her being fired/resigning in disgrace.
EA about to get sued by every white person that interviewed but didn’t get hired.

id be shocked if she’s not fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom