• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lead Developer of EA's new Black Panther game explains why she doesn't hire white people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elysium44

Banned
would be pretty messed up indeed if a white person said they only hired white people because they felt safer.

She's saying the quiet part out loud. Diversity makes people less safe. People feel safer around people like themselves. High trust society (like we used to have) versus a society of people with nothing in common, who are all suspicious of each other and have to be on their guard all the time.

Sleepwalker

lmao wtf is this shit. Literal ResetEra simulator.
oCUX7PY.jpg

VRa8yw.png

Someone at EA looked at this as previous work and decided to hire her for an upcoming AAA game.

Let that sink in for a minute.

bitbydeath

As a white person I 100% agree with her point of view. And I have absolutely no issues with her only hiring non-white people. Just hire the people you vibe best with.

I just wished white people could say the same without being cancelled.
Skin colour doesn’t make a person, it’s as unimportant as the sports you follow, or anything else that makes you different from others. I find it bizarre how people make a big deal out of it, and that goes for both sides of the agendas.

It’s only a meat suit.

FbgPnoawcTa9y.gif

Openly admitting to discriminatory hiring practices is a hell of a choice. Their game is gonna flop.
I was going to say. Shit like this is so fucking dumb when you're trying to promote a game. Once again, completely underestimated the amount of people who are going to see this and make sure the game fucking bombs.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I sure hope no one tells her that Black Panther isn’t gay, so she shouldn’t have gay people working on this game.

GymWolf

She sound like a nice lady to have around, at least if you don't look like a glass of half-skimmed milk :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

GymWolf

Glad to see people like her being exposed. Lets hope EA fires her ass.
Fuck this bitch. Hope she gets fucking scorched for this.
my-sweet-summer-child-sweet-summer-child.gif

Nothing is gonna happen to her because EA is gonna be more scared of the mob if they fire her like the weak, spineless fucks they are.

At best they are gonna change her position into a smaller role but even that is improbable.

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
my-sweet-summer-child-sweet-summer-child.gif

Nothing is gonna happen to her because EA is gonna be more scared of the mob if they fire her like the weak, spineless fucks they are.

At best they are gonna change her position into a smaller role but even that is improbable.

If they do lower her position we will know about it, as she will immediately attempt to play victim and weaponize social media framing EA as the racists.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Woman
Black
Non-binary

The only way she would be more protected is if she was handicapped and/or transgender. Nothing is going to happen to her.
Year just started. If she can’t get attention with current pronouns and group affiliations she will add a few more in a few months there always coming out with more. Plus this is racist as hell and I won’t be supporting this game at all.

More games need to flop, for publishers to understand that racism is not an option.

EA deserves to be to be freakin SLAMMED by the gaming press for allowing someone like this to be in a lead position! They won't of course but they deserve to be.

Gaming is in such a sorry state right now between all the greed, wokeness, racists, incompetence of both leadership and the technical side of gaming (Dragons Dogma 2 being unlocked 30 fps on ps5/sx), and dishonesty in marketing. It's no wonder it's in crisis right now.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
EA deserves to be to be freakin SLAMMED by the gaming press for allowing someone like this to be in a lead position! They won't of course but they deserve to be.

Gaming is in such a sorry state right now between all the greed, wokeness, racists, incompetence of both leadership and the technical side of gaming (Dragons Dogma 2 being unlocked 30 fps on ps5/sx), and dishonesty in marketing. It's no wonder it's in crisis right now.
Gaming press won’t touch this story. Bunch of little bitches.

Z O N E

I'm PREEEEEEEEEETY sure that not hiring someone because of their skin colour is illegal. Ooopsie.

Also, reverse it and imagine a white lead developer said they only hired white people because *insert excuse here*.

Im kurdish, we dont even have country, can you believe this self entitled fucks? Holy shit this when freedom goes too far, how can shd get away with that? How can you be in such a position and be that fucking, imagine if the situation was other way — fire this dumb bitch

ProtoByte

It's worth reiterating that she doesn't handle hiring at Cliffhanger (the new EA studio making this BP game). She was talking about her own team.

Still though, this is egregious. Having the gall to say this despite the obvious constitutional breaches, is insane.

Unfortunately, I saw people with this mentality swarming the Black Panther project from word go. Between the Seattle studio location and the co-opting of Black Panther as an identity politics symbol, this project was doomed. Such a fucking shame. Watching docs about superhero IP games (cancelled or released) you see a good number of devs on what used to be way smaller teams being black or some other ethnicity, and they're just vibing. None of this bullshit.

BTW, pro tip: Having this kind of mentality defining projects featuring non-white leads will ironically result in a string of failures that will inadvertently add to the perceived risk factor of making games that don't star white characters. And why do we keep pretending that this is the first time a game has had (x-ethnicity) main characters??

Last edited:

Boss Mog

I'm fine with not buying anymore EA games. I'm just gonna stick to Japanese games and my backlog. I mean I'm kind of already doing it since the only new games I've bought so far this year are P3R and Rebirth and the only ones I'm considering getting for the rest of the year are Infinite Wealth, Rise of the Ronin, Stellar Blade, SMT Vengeance, Trails Through Daybreak and Metaphor: ReFantazio.

stn

This woman is a racist buffoon. She's committing a human rights violation but she's too self-obsessed to see it.

News flash you stupid cunt, you're a massive racist. Imagine the absolute shit tornado a white person would have to endure if they said they don't hire black people. You can't write this shit...

The fact that this cunt is still in a job shows something is seriously wrong at EA.

Last edited:

tmlDan

I still wonder why EA even hired her as an associate narrative designer, the only experience under her belt was this dating sim in which white people can't exist in it for some reason and working for sweet baby for 8 months. Why is she qualified to work on a triple A game at Cliffhanger? She wasn't even a writer at Veritable, she was a producer and social media manager - that's barely any writing/narrative design experience at all

Last edited:

Apocryphon

Migraine inducing silly cunt making what will no doubt turn out to be a dogshit game. Are we taking bets on whether “white people” are blamed for it not meeting sales expectations?

SHA

I usually use this trick to uncover the whole truth, I don't care about all that, that's not who I am but young kids who usually no one pay attention to them tell the whole truth, they don't lie, no one dare to tell kids liars, that's just a given.

Last edited:

night13x

I grew up in the USA in a state/city where the whole concept of racism, color, etc etc etc wasnt even a thought. I guess we lived in a bubble. We were all down to earth country folks living in a larger town.

For decades, black people have been crying out "racism, racism, racism!" and yet - here we are in 2024 where its usually the black people being the most racist.

I live in a dreamworld admittingly - in my mind - where I contantly go "why the fuck we act like this wtf".

I dunno - in really sucks seeing the direction, specifically in United States, of where we are heading. It is only getting worse, not better.

Closer

For decades, black people have been crying out "racism, racism, racism!" and yet - here we are in 2024 where its usually the black people being the most racist.

If you're not talking about your town, then you're wrong. You're still living inside the USA bubble, where there are black and white people about the same kind of racist.

Last edited:

Caffeine

Why is a team of 21 making a black panther AAA game shouldn't they need like 200 employees. Sounds like a cancelled project down the line.

Zheph

"Brave" from her to record herself openly being racist. But this dumb shit is related to her disgusting indie game and not black panther (which was likely gonna be shit the day they announced it), right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom