• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Korra Book 3: Change |OT| SCHEDULEBENDING

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I would flip my shit. The Z-team is awesome. The earth queen is shallow and one dimensional. She can't be the mastermind here.

I didn't mean like they were in league or something, just that the Zaheer gang will maybe end up having good intentions, while the Earth Queen does not.

Hamlet

Chariot

they really went all-out with the korassami stuff.
Oh my, slowly suspect Nick put the show on the net because you can't show on tv what happens between Korra and Asami now on.

"I can't bend elements, but there are other things to bend. Let me show you, Korra~"

Veelk

Banned
I didn't mean like they were in league or something, just that the Zaheer gang will maybe end up having good intentions, while the Earth Queen does not.

Well, they're both antagonists. An antagonist isn't evil, it's just an opposition force against the protagonist.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Also leaked image from episode 10
http://puu.sh/avrPW/672e702f39.jpg

...Laurel?

Is-Laurel-Lance-an-Alcoholic-1.jpg

Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Rift Part 2 comes out today

Dont know when my copy arrives. I hope there's some reveals, I imagine the engineer is one of Toph's relationships that spawned one of her kids.

So yeah, be prepared for spoilers I guess?

Dont know when my copy arrives. I hope there's some reveals, I imagine the engineer is one of Toph's relationships that spawned one of her kids.

Wasn't it already out for like a week or more now? Maybe I'm crazy I thought I read the release date as the 19th. I'll give it a go.

KHlover

Banned

I'm impressed by amazon germany, they actually have the english version of The Rift part 2 on stock and can even deliver tomorrow if I order soon-ish today. Hnnnng

Goliath

So is this show dead. I heard they aren't airing any more episodes on Nick and you have to watch them online, is that true. And does anybody know if this means Book 4 is dead then?

So is this show dead. I heard they aren't airing any more episodes on Nick and you have to watch them online, is that true. And does anybody know if this means Book 4 is dead then?

Yes, episodes will air online, weekly.

Supposedly, book 4 is still being made. It's currently being animated. Voice work is already done.

Sketchbag

Banned
Why do I get the feeling Zaheer and gang are really guys whose parents or grandparents were in the White Lotus group and were betrayed of banished because of radicalism?

Calling it.

I think I can get behind the korrasami ship. Come on nick. It's digital now use this as another way to break from tradition.

Also because it'd be an extra burn for mako which is hilarious.

Mononoke

Banned
Why do I get the feeling Zaheer and gang are really guys whose parents or grandparents were in the White Lotus group and were betrayed of banished because of radicalism?

Calling it.

I just hope it's not another revenge plot. I want Zaheer to have an actual philosophy that while flawed, you can understand his point of view. They could have done that with Amon, but nope. Even Unalaq could have had an interesting belief that it was wrong to keep the spirit and physical world separate. And while on the surface that is what he was arguing, he devolved into a crazy megalomaniac (he was always a cartoon evil villain even back to his youth).

I think I can get behind the korrasami ship. Come on nick. It's digital now use this as another way to break from tradition.

Also because it'd be an extra burn for mako which is hilarious.

Korrasami will NEVER happen. Let's face it, the bonding stuff between her and Korra was surface level and won't be revisited again. Asami is destined to be Makos housewife unfortunately.

As makos housewife the only thing she'll learn to bend is her neck away as she ignores the cheating husband and wonders what could've happened if she had stayed drinking with korra that night.

Nick killing dreams. One chemistry-less hetero relationship at a time.

Thanks for the reminder. Since the nearest Chapters has copies in stock, looks like I will be making a pit stop on the way home.

Mononoke

Banned
As makos housewife the only thing she'll learn to bend is her neck away as she ignores the cheating husband and wonders what could've happened if she had stayed drinking with korra that night.

Nick killing dreams. One chemistry-less hetero relationship at a time.

To be fair, does anyone deserve to live a life of punishment by being romantic with Korra? She was terrible for Mako's health. Asami can only be happy if she's single, or ends up with someone that is decent.

I would have suggested Bolin, but they decided to make him a stupid manchild. And his recent comments about Opal were kind...of douchey. So I guess all that is left is...Iroh Jr? lmao Dude seems like a stud, and from what I can tell, he's not a cheating/douche/asshole.

Mononoke

Banned
Bolin tries to be sokka so hard. I still like the guy but you're not sokka.

I like him in that, I think the guy is genuinely not an asshole. Out of everyone, I think he's probably got the kindest heart. But uh yeah...

Shipping is serious business. Best couple so far in the show is Zaheer and Combustion lady. Think about that.

It can sometimes get too big for me. Hence why I'm glad that there's a book on 'how to avoid huge ships' (thanks amazon).

Edit: tenzin and his wife are good on their scenes together. The issue is that the second he leaves her he turns into rob Schneider.

KHlover

Banned
I really really hope book 3 ends unresolved and on a bad note for Korra. This arc is far too epic to limit it to 13 episodes *_*

Trey

Rift Part Two was pretty good.
The subplot with Toph's father acting like a brat is stupid, though. Yangchen being a badass is always welcome.

Damn, I need to catch up. Read part 1 though at least. Is part 2 better than 1?
Eh for me personally I want to see how it ties republic city into all of this. My favorite post-tv comic series was the first one. The promise or whatever it was called.

This though? I guess it was better.

Trey

I would say so. Part 1 set up the pieces and part 2 executed on that potential, which is usually more interesting in my opinion. Sokka was pretty funny this time around; it's probably in the writing contract that at least two panels be dedicated to Sokka gags. I chuckled at the ones in this chapter.

Mononoke

Banned
I would say so. Part 1 set up the pieces and part 2 executed on that potential, which is usually more interesting in my opinion. Sokka was pretty funny this time around; it's probably in the writing contract that at least two panels be dedicated to Sokka gags. I chuckled at the ones in this chapter.

Any more of that cringe sweetie stuff with Aang and Katara. *gag*

I'll have to check it out soon. I guess today actually.

DedValve

Banned
How is the search btw? I have the promise on hardcover and it's pretty great so I'm itching to find out about Ursula and Zuko. Especially now that its in hardcover (the wait for that was pretty damn hard and then I totally forgot about it).

I'll do the same for the rift.

I was also gonna buy book air on blu-ray but it will feel weird as I will not pay any amount of cash for book 2. Fuck that.

Maybe I'll wait till the series is over and see if they do a boxed set or something. Season 3 is great so far so this hopefully bodes well for season 4.

Was also thinking of getting the art series of both ATLA and Korra, anyone has those?

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
so are combustion and lava benders basically regular benders who have some kind of genetic mutation?

or is it a practiced/learned, highly specialized skill?

I kind of think of it similar to how i view the swamp benders, people who have genetically evolved different due to environment or mutation than the standard gene pool.

or something. i'm not sure if I missed a plot answer for that yet!

Trey

Was also thinking of getting the art series of both ATLA and Korra, anyone has those?

I have both artbooks. They're good. The franchise has some really impressive art - one of its best features. And to see the animation process and how much they dug into real martial arts and their cultures is a great bonus.

Pappasman

so are combustion and lava benders basically regular benders who have some kind of genetic mutation?

or is it a practiced/learned, highly specialized skill?

I kind of think of it similar to how i view the swamp benders, people who have genetically evolved different due to environment or mutation than the standard gene pool.

or something. i'm not sure if I missed a plot answer for that yet!

I think they are advanced branches of the bending skills. I see lava bendng as an alternative advanced earth technique similar to metal bending. I assume combustion is the same thing but with fire.

I want to say that metal and lavabending are skills, but combustion bending is a mutation, since:

1. almost no one can do it, save for two people we've seen, so far, and
2. both of those people have that third eye, which allows them to combustion bend, plus
3. the combustion bending stops if the third eye takes damage.

Pretty sure the third eye is a tattoo and not a genetic mutation. It focuses their chi through that specific spot which is why people say they're "firebending with their mind."

Chariot

wasnt combustion man hinted to be a fire nation experiment?
The atla wiki says:
This Fire Nation assassin discovered his ability when he was a young child, but was initially unable to control it and accidentally blew his right arm and leg off, which he replaced with his trademark metal prosthetic limbs. He went on to acquire a status of infamy in a series of quick Agni Kai.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom