• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

papluh

Like this one?

https://www.jukinmedia.com/licensing/view/969775

He used train tracks.

But train tracks packs are a joke. The flex one is no good, slows down the trains and may flip them off track. And you have to buy them to get the straight ones. Plus curved tracks only comes with one radius, there is no x cross, etc.

Yeah, but he used heat gun to get the vertical curves.
And it needs tinkering to balance the trolleys, too much friction and they loose too much energy and don't get over the hills. Too fast (added weight) and they fly away. And it changes over time, temperature and such. Not really a consumer solution.

The track presented in Joker Mansion is missing one piece to be usable for bigger tracks - and extension sloped piece to be put between the start and end slope pieces. Otherwise no bigger hills will be possible.

For tracks, there was a time when it was possible to buy it from LEGO as part of RLUG support. But in last years they have increased the cost substantially, I think more than twice. Good that I have gotten 150 pieces before that happened.

Ponn

Banned
Lol my wife loves the joker set.

I might end up with it after all. Probably bite on 30 percent off lol

I was waiting for this reveal to decide my bricktober purchase and I think I'm going to go with Ninjago City with my VIP points and any birthday money. My reasoning is I'm seeing this set doing 60's Batcave sales wise and ending up with steep discounts. I might change my mind again come closer to release, hype of getting a brand new set is real.

A cool theme could warrant its own thread instead of just making them for enormous beastly sets.

A monster fighters successor would be worth at least 3 dedicated threads, for example.

Ohhh...Monster Fighters. Sigh :(

Ryuuroden

So my three-year-old came home from daycare and saw bb8 for the first time and she's in love. She won't let me put back on his pedestal and requires that it sits in front of her while we watch Beauty and the Beast. It is her little baby.

So my three-year-old came home from daycare and saw bb8 for the first time and she's in love. She won't let me put back on his pedestal and requires that it sits in front of her while we watch Beauty and the Beast. It is her little baby.

Better get a plushy BB8 for Christmas :)

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
You buy that kid a life-sized BB-8 plush right now that she can hug.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/irgh/

Seriously, it's probably as big as she is.
irgh_life_size_bb-8_plush_cuddle.jpg

Ryuuroden

Better get a plushy BB8 for Christmas :)

You buy that kid a life-sized BB-8 plush right now that she can hug.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/irgh/

Seriously, it's probably as big as she is.
irgh_life_size_bb-8_plush_cuddle.jpg

Well I think part of it is she really loves Lego so now it's something that's cute and in Lego and she adores it. Like I mentioned before she literally helped me build the Millennium Falcon. She sat on my lap and got the pieces I needed her in front of me and help me put them in place following the instructions. And she only just is turning 3 in November. She is an amazing child although I may be biased.

ghostmind

Ok, I’m done making announcement threads in the OT. I’ve been doing it for years, as a way to raise awareness about how cool LEGO sets can be these days, and to hopefully encourage some positive posters to follow us back to this thread, but the narrative in these threads has become garbage. From now on, I’ll put together the announcement posts, but I’m only posting them to LEGO-GAF, whichever OT we may be on at the time.

ghostmind

z2ZJ0d4.jpg

70922 The Joker™ Manor
Ages 14+. 3,444 pieces.
US $269.99 – CA $349.99 – DE 269.99€ – UK £249.99 – DK 2299.00 DKK
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.
Available November 24th at LEGO Stores and on LEGO Shop at Home.

Dare to enter The Joker™ Manor!

Help Batman™, Barbara Gordon, Alfred Pennyworth™ (in his classic Batsuit) and Nightwing™ regain control of the jokerized Wayne Manor with this massive THE LEGO® BATMAN MOVIE set. The Joker™ Manor is packed with iconic details from the movie and cool functions, including a rollercoaster encircling the whole building, a huge buildable The Joker head with trapdoor and slide, punching boxing gloves, a rocking ‘The Joker’ sign and rotating ‘big eye’ tower. The interior includes a cinema room with a romantic DVD element, kitchen with buildable microwave plus lobster and lemon-slice decorated tile elements, living room with a buildable grand piano, fireplace and bust, swimming pool room, and a music studio with guitar element and buildable mixing desk and loudspeakers. Build this magnificent manor and then recreate your favorite scenes from the movie with 10 included minifigures.
• Includes 10 minifigures: The Joker™, Batman™, Barbara Gordon, Harley Quinn™, Nightwing™, Alfred Pennyworth™ Classic Batsuit, Disco Batman™, Disco The Joker™, Disco Batgirl™ and Disco Robin™.
• Features a grand entrance flanked by 2 buildable bombs with translucent spark-style elements, 2-level and 3-level towers with turrets and flag elements on top, a rollercoaster track and train with 3 cars (each with a minifigure seat), rotating ‘big eye’ tower with lever-operated iris to ‘look’ up and down, huge buildable The Joker™ head with trapdoor and slide, rocking ‘The Joker’ sign, ‘Ha! Ha!’ sign, 2 wheel-operated punching boxing gloves, plus many multicolored, translucent light-style decorative elements.
• Activate the trapdoor to send a minifigure tumbling from the top of the The Joker™ head, down the slide and out through the mouth.
• Interior includes an entrance hall with 4 plastic, bendy ‘mirror’ elements; living room with a buildable grand piano and stool, bust, and fireplace with translucent-red fire-style elements; cinema room with a screen, minifigure seat and assorted elements including a romantic DVD; kitchen with cup, pot and pan elements, and a buildable microwave with lobster, lemon and plate elements inside; music studio with a buildable mixing desk and loudspeakers, seat and a guitar element; swimming pool room with translucent-blue water-style elements; and an attic with 2 buildable boxes and a rat figure.
• Weapons include Batman’s Batarang, Barbara Gordon’s revolver and Harley Quinn’s bat.
• Disco Batman™, Disco The Joker™, Disco Batgirl™ and Disco Robin™ minifigures are new!
• Recreate and reimagine memorable scenes from THE LEGO® BATMAN MOVIE.
• The Joker™ Manor measures over 21” (55cm) high, 25” (66cm) wide and 10” (27cm) deep.
• Rollercoaster train measures over 1” (3cm) high, 5” (15cm) long and 1” (3cm) wide.

I dont see the point of the threads anyways, unless its something like the falcon

I think the Millennium Falcon and the Saturn V were both fairly thread worthy sets.

One is the biggest most expensive LEGO set ever made, and the other was a fan created/user-voted set released during an anniversary of the actual Saturn V (and it wasn't a bad price for the size and the piece # for the set).

I honestly don't mind the price talk in non-community LEGO threads. I'm used to it at this point since getting back into them several years ago (under $0.10 a piece YAY! Over it BOO!), but it must suck for people who are actually interested in a really cool looking set, only to find out it costs $200 or $300 or more.

I do think it would be smart to avoid threads about a single expensive set in a series of sets. Like instead of the Joker Mansion set, include the other Batman movie sets and the range of prices and set sizes.

Haines

Banned
To be fair the saturn thread is what pulled me into this one.

So i am hypocritical down playing them.

In other news, that joker set grows on you with how fun it looks.

DonShula

Ok, I’m done making announcement threads in the OT. I’ve been doing it for years, as a way to raise awareness about how cool LEGO sets can be these days, and to hopefully encourage some positive posters to follow us back to this thread, but the narrative in these threads has become garbage. From now on, I’ll put together the announcement posts, but I’m only posting them to LEGO-GAF, whichever OT we may be on at the time.

I think you should consider posting threads in OT when there is crossover appeal. Certainly there will be interest in the Voltron Ideas set whenever that happens.

There will probably always be some negative talk, but there is in most threads. I bet there are still a lot of people who appreciate your posts and will continue to in the future.

Ponn

Banned
Got a couple things today. TLBM book collection with Penguin Arkham exclusive fig. I thought the package it came in was cute.
1pq5ti4.jpg

Looks like a couple already escaped. Time to break Penguin out too.

Got two of the Dimension fun packs.
K5r5I24.jpg

Love the Buttercup fig. I like the hair on this starfire but i think i prefer the Starfire from Jokerland. I might switch the hair piece on them.

After the surprising change from “waiting for new stock” to “back ordered” yesterday on the Falcon, I am checking the status hourly. Maybe I need to go to the movies again since that was when it changed.

Ryuuroden

I think you should consider posting threads in OT when there is crossover appeal. Certainly there will be interest in the Voltron Ideas set whenever that happens.

There will probably always be some negative talk, but there is in most threads. I bet there are still a lot of people who appreciate your posts and will continue to in the future.

Yes, the voltron set will be big.

And maybe getting it out of the way in the OP about price/zero creativity/etc. will lessen it a bit too.

But yeah, crossover appeal things like Voltron would go over well. The Saturn V set seemed quite popular for the most part.

I am curious how much crossover there is with action figure GAF and the people that complain about LEGO prices.

mrkgoo

Well I think part of it is she really loves Lego so now it's something that's cute and in Lego and she adores it. Like I mentioned before she literally helped me build the Millennium Falcon. She sat on my lap and got the pieces I needed her in front of me and help me put them in place following the instructions. And she only just is turning 3 in November. She is an amazing child although I may be biased.

Having kids puts a whole new perspective on Lego.

Well, on Life really.

ghostmind

TRU Canada - Bricktober Calendar

4Mly8vQ.jpg

uXsOeY7.jpg

EDIT: Well it looks like I'll be missing the Batman minifigs, as I’ll be travelling that weekend - damn. If anyone is able to pick up one for me, I've got some pretty good LEGO items to trade.

New game trailer: https://youtu.be/XNB5DIOGGgc

How many are getting the figure?

Want a Lockjaw "big fig" now.

Lol my wife loves the joker set.

I might end up with it after all. Probably bite on 30 percent off lol

Definite buy if it ever gets to 30% off. It would have to sell horribly to hit that type of discount. 20% of is a more realistic sale price as we've seen a few of those high priced direct-to-consumer sets get that discount.

Another exclusive? Hope it makes it to retail.

Any official Bricktober ads for U.S? I assume it will be same dates as Canada.

Thank goodness TRU prices seem to be closer or at to MSRP nowadays.

Jimrpg

I received The Parisian Restaurant!

The box is way smaller than I thought. Pretty sure its smaller than the Palace Cinema.

Ok, I'm done making announcement threads in the OT. I've been doing it for years, as a way to raise awareness about how cool LEGO sets can be these days, and to hopefully encourage some positive posters to follow us back to this thread, but the narrative in these threads has become garbage. From now on, I'll put together the announcement posts, but I'm only posting them to LEGO-GAF, whichever OT we may be on at the time.

Don't let a few negative posts get to you, people just have different hobbies and things they spend money on. Lego is certainly a positive pastime and to be perfectly honest, I'd rather my kids play Lego with me than play iPad on their own.

That Joker Manor set looks freaking amazing, but I won't start collecting Batman sets... I can't... *looks at empty wallet*.

Jimrpg

Lego Ninjago Movie did $21m, that's not great.

The Emoji movie is on $84m so it might not even beat that!

Now I wonder if Lego will bring out the big guns and bring out a Lego Star Wars movie?

Os it possible to buy the Bricktober packs, right?

Anyone willing to help a gaf member getting ithe Batman pack please let me know. I will pay for the international shipping and any reasonable fee of yours. Payment by PayPal.

Thanks.

DonShula

I received The Parisian Restaurant!

The box is way smaller than I thought. Pretty sure its smaller than the Palace Cinema.

Don't let a few negative posts get to you, people just have different hobbies and things they spend money on. Lego is certainly a positive pastime and to be perfectly honest, I'd rather my kids play Lego with me than play iPad on their own.

That Joker Manor set looks freaking amazing, but I won't start collecting Batman sets... I can't... *looks at empty wallet*.

It is indeed. I have those two connected together and I wouldn’t recommend it. Palace Cinema kind of swallows up Parisian Restaurant due the difference in height and the back patio.

Yoshi88

Lego Ninjago Movie did $21m, that's not great.

The Emoji movie is on $84m so it might not even beat that!

Now I wonder if Lego will bring out the big guns and bring out a Lego Star Wars movie?

Too bad. I really really liked the movie even though i've never seen the show or anything else Ninjago. It was as great as the other two movies for me. The style of humour in the LEGO movies (visual humour especially) is still quite unique.

And Ninjago City was a great backdrop for awesome action. Which brought me to buy the the set beforehand. Which was my introduction back into LEGO as an adult. So there's that, i guess.

leng jai

These prices are getting a bit ridiculous. I should count myself lucky that the only big set I've been interested in lately was actually relatively cheap.

valkyre

Guys can you recommend any alternatives for power functions 8870 led lights? I want to fit them in the hole of a 1x1 technic brick.

Jimrpg

It is indeed. I have those two connected together and I wouldn't recommend it. Palace Cinema kind of swallows up Parisian Restaurant due the difference in height and the back patio.

Oh I didn't know that - interesting. Because I was in the office, the box definitely looked smaller than the Palace Cinema box and now that I'm home, it is indeed which is interesting because Parisian Restaurant has 200 more pieces. (I haven't opened up either of them yet - I have a Lego backlog....)

I also have Assembly Square so I guess that goes in the middle then. I always thought Palace Cinema looked like it had a very tall 1st floor, compared to the other buildings. It's probably the roof that makes it look taller.

Too bad. I really really liked the movie even though i've never seen the show or anything else Ninjago. It was as great as the other two movies for me. The style of humour in the LEGO movies (visual humour especially) is still quite unique.

And Ninjago City was a great backdrop for awesome action. Which brought me to buy the the set beforehand. Which was my introduction back into LEGO as an adult. So there's that, i guess.

Yep me too, I went to see Ninjago cause I guess all the recent Ninjago sets particularly Ninjago City did their marketing trick. I thought it was just average to be perfectly honest, the plot was like a Saturday morning cartoon.

I think Ninjago City might be my favourite set this year, and I didn't think anything would get close to Assembly Square.

Guys can you recommend any alternatives for power functions 8870 led lights? I want to fit them in the hole of a 1x1 technic brick.
Certain reason for not wanting to use PF lights besides price? And those fit perfectly in the headlight SNOT bricks. (Recessed stud, open back)

valkyre

Certain reason for not wanting to use PF lights besides price? And those fit perfectly in the headlight SNOT bricks. (Recessed stud, open back)

The problem besides the price is that the cord of the official lego product is way too short. Yes I can buy lego cord extensions but its a tight fit (really, nothing fits except the cable)and I dont like the idea of getting 3 extensions to cover all that ground.

The old 9V system lights?

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalo... Light&category=[Electric, Light & Sound]#T=P

Goes behind a 1x2 technic brick perfectly

Wont fit :( and I am pretty sure it still requires extension cable with studs right?

boltz

These prices are getting a bit ridiculous. I should count myself lucky that the only big set I've been interested in lately was actually relatively cheap.

I have no problem with the higher priced sets because you usually get your money's worth. And if they are not worth it, they usually go on sale. And Lego does a good job with covering the entire spectrum of prices so you can spend as little or as much as you want.

I have no problem with the higher priced sets because you usually get your money's worth. And if they are not worth it, they usually go on sale. And Lego does a good job with covering the entire spectrum of prices so you can spend as little or as much as you want.

I'm having a weird relationship with all of the expensive sets. The more they release, the less I want any of them for some reason. I just did a quick look at my spending, and this is what I've spent on LEGO for that last four years, Jan - Sept.

2014 - $2,168
2015 - $4,110
2016 - $1,905
2017 - $808

That's a precipitous drop. Not sure why my interest in buying new sets is waning but I definitely feel it happening. I haven't got the last two modulars and the only reason I feel badly is because I'm "breaking the chain" or something.

Top Bottom