• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's just quote Ghostbusters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Man, it's small but efficient lines like this we just don't hear in movies anymore.

I bet a lot of audiences today wouldn't even catch it.
I didn't catch that until probably my 50th time watching the movie. I've seen it well over 300 times by now. I'm 33 and saw it for the first time when I was 4 on a VHS my dad had taped off HBO. It's my favorite movie of all time.

JMDSO

Unconfirmed Member
Have you or any member of your family ever been diagnosed schizophrenic or mentally incompetent?

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
What are you supposed to be, some kind of a cosmonaut?

No. We’re exterminators. Somebody saw a cockroach up on twelve.

That’s gotta be some cockroach.

Bite your head off, man.
And yes, I have used this line while wearing all my Ghostbusters gear waiting for an elevator. It's awesome when the person knows the line and says it correctly.

billiam

Neo Member
ooh i get it!...whatever we think of, if we think of j edgar hoover, then j edgar hoover will appear and destroy us

Dalek

You don’t act like a scientist. You’re more like a gameshow host.

psychic3.gif

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Ray - "Hey! Does this pole still work???"

I love that he even asks that as if it wouldn't work. It's a pole.

Gozer the Gozerian? Good evening, as a duly-elected representative of the city, county, and state of New York, I order you to immediately cease all paranormal activity and return to your point of origin or the nearest convenient parallel dimension!

JMDSO

Unconfirmed Member
Ray… pretend for a moment that I don’t know anything about metallurgy, engineering, or physics — and just tell me what the hell is going on.

JMDSO

Unconfirmed Member
We’ve been going about this all wrong. This Mr. Stay Puft’s okay! He’s a sailor, he’s in New York… if we get this guy laid, we won’t have any trouble!

Son Of D

"I tried to think of the most harmless thing. Something I loved from my childhood. Something that could never ever possibly destroy us. Mr. Stay Puft!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom