• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lightning Returns: FINAL FANTASY XIII PC |OT| Light Eternal

I want to make a bet on LR having a properly frame paced 60fps. What would make a good wager? Steam trading cards? A terrible GAF title? Getting spanked by durante?

Mabufu

Banned
FFXIII - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0LxPV6wUhQ
FFXIII-2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugCB0XSPHP0

Yeah, I'm planning to do so. Can't stand to continue playing FFXIII after arriving at the Grand Pulse. I might give XIII-2 a try first though.

This made me appreciate more the plot.

I understood XIII-2 plot well enough, but I never got to fit all the pieces together.
And from XIII i didnt understand anything at all.

But now it's great to feel like it all fits.

I wish I had a great memory to be able to remember all those things while playing and be able to understand the games.

On thing they need to address asap:

Xbox One Wireless Controller Adapter doesn't work in FF13 and 13-2. Tell me it won't be the same here please.

Long story short, the controller will freeze in any menu like dialogs, main menu, saves etc.

Is this true? I was about to pick one up today...that seems weird it wouldn't work.

Hikami

I bought the first 2 at launch since they had pre-order discounts but since the discount for this one lasts a week after release.. I'll wait for some impressions.
edit: nvm. forgot steam refunds were a thing, downloading.

Eyothrie

Hoping that framepacing will be solid unlike what we got with XIII and XIII-2. Even when locking to 30fps in those two games, it wasn't a smooth experience.

MayMay

Banned
Instantly bought it because it's so cheap... but I really hope the port is alright now.

Can't wait for the first impressions while I'm downloading this with my slow connection.

TheTux

On GMG the game was originally 13.99€ before it was pulled, 5 minutes ago it was 15.99€ and now it 19.99€.

GMG is probably still settings the prices.

TheTux

Downloading now. Steam says 14.3GB.

Well, we'll all know in a couple of hours how good the port is, then. Let's get some screenshots up in this bitch ASAP. (I wanna see Dog in 2160P!)

Thanks for letting me know that it supports preloading. Got it on Steam.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
rezW0mH.png

RIP

duckroll

Downloading now. But I won't have time to play it properly until I finish off the last bits of TitS SC. Hope the port is good!

Goli

GMG code 20PERC-DECMBR-SVINGS works for price of $16

download on steam is 14.3 GB (GMG gives regular steam key)

Thanks, bought it with that coupon.

Gonna play through this again, my first time was on the Chinese import version which I downloaded from HK PSN. Was quite active on the import thread. Looking forward to actually understanding the menus and datalog this time since while I know Japanese, I basically had to guess everything based on the kanjis/chinese characters + JP wikis.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Bought and downloading. Probably won't play it seriously until I'm done with FFXII. Hopefully someone will make a button prompt mod before that happens.

Ryker

Sweet, got it for $13.14 from GMG. It's 10% off plus they sent me a 27% off voucher for my birthday last week. <3 that site.

Goli

Lightning Returns can be completed in a relatively short amount of time if you play on Easy mode, so maybe start there? Haven't played XCX though, but from what I've read it definitely seems like a much longer game.

TheTux

Thanks, bought it with that coupon.

Gonna play through this again, my first time was on the Chinese import version which I downloaded from HK PSN. Was quite active on the import thread. Looking forward to actually understanding the menus and datalog this time since while I know Japanese, I basically had to guess everything based on the kanjis/chinese characters + JP wikis.

LOL! I bought that version too and I remember playing it at launch and checking 4 japanese wikis with Google Translate.

The HK version save files are also compatible with the EU version.

Falk

that puzzling face
LOL! I bought that version too and I remember playing it at launch and checking 4 japanese wikis with Google Translate.

I unabashedly wiki'd for my JP playthrough - wanted to plat, had limited time, and some of these quests are pretty far out of the way.

(Finding the clocks gee)

Porcupine

Soooo... the game is locked to 1080p.

23629543966_e971d85cbc_h.jpg
[/url]

EDIT: You even get the message in the beginning that you shouldn't turn off your PS3-System during autosave :D

Parsnip

The part where all options are altered from top of the screen like more or less any windows program is kind of nuts. Not good or bad mind you, just kind of nuts.

Dr Dogg

Well had to redownload it all again so that was a great start and then when launching the game I'm greeted with this.
23360055940_f2edfa566c_o.png

Urggghhhh! Time to play around I guess.

Top Bottom